COMMUNITY - FORUMS - NEWS & ANNOUNCEMENTS
Celebrate Our Kickstarter-versary!

Greetings, Elyrians, I bring fair tidings to thee,

A year ago next month we took a big leap and ran our Kickstarter. It was chaotic, it was scary, but our efforts were rewarded with a community of like-minded individuals joining us in this journey and directly contributing to the success of Chronicles of Elyria! In honor of that momentous occasion, we are going to be running a series of promotions through the month of May with a little something for everyone.

To Our Existing Backers

We wouldn't have been able to hire the awesome team we've collected over the last year without you, so we want to say thank you to the folks that have supported us early on. To celebrate, we'll be giving existing backers the following gifts, based on total amount spent on pledge packages. This is for anyone who has a fully paid-off pledge package by 10AM PDT on May 1st, before the Anniversary Promotion begins!

Rewards will be applied after Account Merging but before Domain Selection. That means if you currently have more than one package, spread across more than one account with the intent to merge them later, and that merge would put your total into a higher tier listed below, then you can expect to receive the reward commensurate with the total merged value. More on that further down the post.

Below is what existing backers can expect (not cumulative):

• Below $250 : 10% Store Credit
  • $250-$349 : Bonus Spark of Life
  • $350-$499 : Spark of Life + $10 Store Credit
  • $500-$749 : Elyrian Package + $10 Store Credit
  • $750-$999 : Pioneer Package + $10 Store Credit
  • $1,000-$2,499 : Settler Package
  • $2,500-$4,999 : Mayor Package
  • $5,000-$9,999 : Magistrate Package
  • $10,000 and up : Courtier Package

Please be aware, the packages listed above are in addition to the packages you already own. They can be claimed on your primary account as a way to add value to your existing pledge packages (see below on merging), or they can be gifted to a friend so they can join you in your adventure.

Week 1

Kicking off this celebration, we are offering a 10% discount on ALL pledge packages during the month of May! Settlement & Domain Selection is coming up and we want to encourage folks to get the most out of their layaways by completing them before selection occurs. In addition, if you were on the fence or sad that you missed the Kickstarter, it isn't too late to stake your claim in Elyria! Anyone who gets a package outright or finishes off their layaway this month will do so at the discounted price until June 1st at 10AM PDT.

At the same time, we are going to be giving 100% More Influence for anyone who has used your friend code and buys their first package in May. In other words, you'd receive 100 Influence and $10 store credit, instead of 50 and $5! This will only last until June 1st, so if your friends and guild mates have been dragging their feet, now's a great time to hold those feet to the warm, cozy fire that is Chronicles of Elyria!

See the Week 1 kickoff post

Week 2

Starting in the second week, we'll be running a 10% off sale on all Exposition Points items and introducing a limited-time EP Pack worth 3,000 EP for $200 - our best deal yet!

Exposition Points will be used during Exposition - the three months leading up to Launch - where players will be able to customize their settlements and put their imprint on Elyria. When new players come in at Launch, the governments, shops, and organizations they encounter will be the ones that players in Exposition created. Each server and settlement will be as unique as the players who live there! Expect a post with some additional guidance on what your EP will afford you during this week, as well.

If you've purchased EP packages before May 1st, never fear! All previously purchased EP packages will be receiving a 10% boost to their EP for buying early! And while the 10% discount ends in June, the additional 10% for your previously purchased EP packs is yours to keep!

See the Week 2 kickoff post

Week 3

But wait, there's more!

It has always been our plan to allow Guild Members and Town Residents a way to share the burden with their leaders through Guild Tokens and Villager Tokens, rather than put the entire onus of responsibility on the leader. For the last two weeks of May, we want to encourage more collaboration for settlements and organizations by running two raffle contests: one for Villager Tokens and one for Guild Tokens.

Players will be able to give their tokens to another player account starting the third week of May. We'll tally everything up at the end of the month and list the results, but we won't know who will win the prize until server selection is done because there will be a winning settlement and winning organization on each server. Once server selection is completed a little later in development, we will select the winner from the raffle pool and announce the recipients of the prize, now locked in on each server. Each token exchanged is an entry into the raffle. The winning settlement and winning organization will be based off of its leader, the player who receives the token.

• The winning settlements are guaranteed to have a major story event occur in their settlement!
  • The winning organizations will be written into the lore and history of Elyria as we continue to develop the game!

So that you will know exactly what you'll be influencing with your tokens, expect a write-up on how they work in much more detail in a couple weeks.

Week 4

It's a surprise! We are keeping mum on the last promotion until it goes up in the fourth week of May. We're pretty sure people will be pleased, but you'll have to wait to find out... ^_^

A note on account merging and gifting...

We will be adding functionality to be able to merge accounts and gift packages to other accounts before Settlement / Domain Selection. Some folks have already purchased an additional package for a friend or spouse or themselves across multiple accounts, since there can only be 1 package per account in the current system. Here is what happens in each scenario:

Merge Accounts & Keep Everything

If you have multiple packages with the intention of combining everything into one mega-account, here is what you'll get:

• Account Rewards: EP, Sparks, and Souls will stack
  • Character Rewards: Packs, Transportation, & Pets stack
  • Kingdoms, Duchies, and Counties don't stack, but instead become double domains. Settlements become 2x in size.
  • Bonus Rewards: All will stack
  • Total Influence: Will be the sum of both account's influence (minus any referral bonus for referring your own account - don't do that)

Give A Package As Gift

If you have multiple packages with the intention of giving it to another player in it's entirety, here is what happens:

• All rewards associated with the package will transfer to the other account
  • Total Influence: Will be the sum of both packages since you're the one who paid for them
  • The person receiving the package will receive no Influence from the gift, but they'll have the package!

Transfer All Titles & Lands

If you have a package but wish to give all your titles and lands to another player, there will be an opportunity to do so before Settlement & Domain Selection. Here's what would happen:

• All items under the Titles & Nobility would transfer to the new account, along with the accompanying villa or manor
  • Total Influence: Will stay the same since you still paid for it
  • You retain all other package rewards (launch party tickets, sparks of life, design experiences, etc)

NOTE: This is not the same as willing one of your titles to another player. Willing a title to another is done after Settlement & Domain Selection and you will still be responsible for picking your domain and/or settlement before willing them to another.

For example, if you want to have a county but give a friend your duchy, you'll do this after you've selected the lands.

NOTE: All of these promotions will end at 10AM PDT on June 1st.

Whether you backed us during the Kickstarter, got a package later from our online store, or are just hearing about the game for the first time, there is something for everyone. We've all been working hard to make this dream a reality and we want to thank you from the bottom of our hearts and welcome you into our community!

Honored to be traveling alongside such brave and noble souls,

Vye

... ...
4/29/2017 9:01:00 PM #46

Great stuff. Some exciting times ahead!

4/29/2017 9:35:41 PM #47

very nice. Thank you Vye

Count Dante Rhyne The Black Fox of Vornair

C61D9F

4/29/2017 9:43:27 PM #48

I've got a question concerning Pledge Upgrade: So I pledged Adventurer during KS and am planning to upgrade to Bloodline. I would like to do so with layaway, but Caspian said: “Settlement and domain selection is coming very soon. I will stress, make sure you get your layaway stuff paid off next month. That would be a good month to do that in. We’ll just leave it at that.”

I already fully pledged my 40$, so if I buy Bloodline now via layaway I should still be able participate in Settlement and domain selection, even if I don't complete the layaway by then, right? And how long will layaway last?

Florin Ironfalke, Weaponsmith of Borarrom, Capital of Boros within the Kingdom of Vornair

4/29/2017 10:14:38 PM #49

Posted By Florin at 10:43 PM - Sat Apr 29 2017

I've got a question concerning Pledge Upgrade: So I pledged Adventurer during KS and am planning to upgrade to Bloodline. I would like to do so with layaway, but Caspian said: “Settlement and domain selection is coming very soon. I will stress, make sure you get your layaway stuff paid off next month. That would be a good month to do that in. We’ll just leave it at that.”

I already fully pledged my 40$, so if I buy Bloodline now via layaway I should still be able participate in Settlement and domain selection, even if I don't complete the layaway by then, right? And how long will layaway last?

Until you complete payment for a backing package, you will not be considered to have it. As such you will be considered an adventurer until bloodline is fully paid up.

Discounts for layaways will only apply for those completed in May.

We don't have a guaranteed date for selections yet, but SBS are encouraging us to wrap up pledges, so do bear in mind at any point they may announce that key date.

4/29/2017 10:41:08 PM #50

Posted By Oracle at 3:14 PM - Sat Apr 29 2017

Until you complete payment for a backing package, you will not be considered to have it. As such you will be considered an adventurer until bloodline is fully paid up.

If features of that package would have benefitted you during selection, you risk missing out on them ;)

Best to pay attention to the guidelines they give :)

Caspian said that because of the May promotion he already knew was coming and it would be easier to pay off layaway in May. Domain & Settlement Selection is coming up, but it won't be at the end of May. You still have time to layaway, but you only get the sale price in May!

4/29/2017 10:59:23 PM #51

Fantastic news and promotion!!

Happy Kickstarter Anniversary SBS

4/29/2017 11:04:31 PM #52

yay, this is all great news. However, I am a little confused with getting boni twice.

so... I have bought the old bloodline for 120 and layawayed merchant for +30 (150 total). I got 5 by finding someone that used my friendcode, so I am at 125 if you want to call it so... when I get my 10%, I should get 12.5, which would put me at 137.5, which is higher than the layawayed price of merchant 150-15=135 in may... so I dont need to pay for anything anymore if I just want to upgrade to merchant (which I guess wont work as we get the 10% store credit after may)...? So the intention is, my layawayed merchant goes down to 135 in may, I invest 10, get it and afterwards get 13.5 to spend on EP or whatever? which wont work as afaik there is no way to spend 13.5... cant they just directly be exchanged to EP? or do I only get 10% discount for the missing amount of my layaway, which would be only 2.7 (i am actually at 120 +3/30 merchant)... so, where is the discount applied? to the full price of merchant or only to whats left by layaway? or do I get discount for merchant so merchant is at 135, so I pay 10 and afterwards merchant is worth 150 and I get 15 store credit? If so, I still cant pay for anything with 15, just like with 13.5... so please allow to make any store credit thats left into EP.

and whats special with week1 if all thats listed at week1 stays for the whole month?

Friend Code: 30EF47

4/29/2017 11:40:07 PM #53

thanks SBS

was just wondering about merges and how they would work

4/30/2017 12:27:37 AM #54

Posted By TrueEvolution at 02:26 AM - Sat Apr 29 2017

Should not this game be for free after all the donation you got from players? I mean package should cost money, but the game itself should be free entirely.

I have competition

You may have erased my signature, but you can't corner the dorner

4/30/2017 12:32:25 AM #55

Posted By Vye at 11:41 PM - Sat Apr 29 2017

If features of that package would have benefitted you during selection, you risk missing out on them ;)

Caspian said that because of the May promotion he already knew was coming and it would be easier to pay off layaway in May. Domain & Settlement Selection is coming up, but it won't be at the end of May. You still have time to layaway, but you only get the sale price in May!

oh man Vye I thought we was friends? why shoot me like this :'(

4/30/2017 12:38:20 AM #56

Posted By Vye at

• The winning settlements are guaranteed to have a major story event occur in their settlement!

This right here sounds awesome!

But erm... what happens if that settlement gets burned to the ground in the meantime? (it is the sandbox game) :)

4/30/2017 1:17:41 AM #57

I love the promotion, but I did notice a peculiarity with how the process is structured -- I and countless others will be receiving bonus Store Credit "based on total amount spent on pledge packages" after the conclusion of the sale.

Would it not make sense to hold the sales for Weeks 2 & 3 (and possibly 4) after Account Merging and the crediting of the bonus Store Credits?

4/30/2017 5:46:28 AM #58

Posted By Iccubus at 07:39 AM - Sat Apr 29 2017

Posted By Rothie at 08:29 AM - Sat Apr 29 2017

Posted By Lunaus at 07:05 AM - Sat Apr 29 2017

I can't help but feel 2 days is asking people a bit much, It's short notice, and yes you didn't have to do any of this for us in the first place, I don't think is a smart move.. Why the choice to exclude layaway backers? Monies gone towards their pledge and is nonrefundable so even if they cancelled the layaway they'd still be able to put those funds towards a lower package.

I kinda agree, to a point. I think, if you have a layaway package paid up to a level that you'd have gotten a bonus, if you bought that level of package, you should get that bonus, even if the total package isn't paid for, since, as you said, there is no refund on what you've paid into the layaway already.

But I don't have any problem with them saying that you need to have the package paid for by xx date to get the bonus either, even on short notice.

But, yeah, rewarding the amount you've spent so far would be a better path to customer good will than making it only for fully paid packages.

just to clarify we are talking about paying off layaway's per the Q&A on 4/27/2017. If so they said pay off by next month, so that would be 33 days. (32 as of today)

Sorry, this is regards the anniversary rewards program, per Vye's post: This is for anyone who has a fully paid-off pledge package by 10AM PDT on May 1st, before the Anniversary Promotion begins!

4/30/2017 5:49:47 AM #59

Posted By Vye at 11:41 PM - Sat Apr 29 2017

Makes good sense :) I'll edit that to clarify. Thanks Vye.

4/30/2017 7:39:01 AM #60

This is great, I'll be able to gift my Elyrian pack and bring another buddy into the game! :)

Carantenum is looking for more citizens. Click on the signature for more information!

... ...