COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
[Poll] Cyneric as Community Ambassador

Please cast your vote for Cyneric as Community Ambassador.

In order for your vote to count, the following must be true:

• You must have a minimum of 250 influence
  • Your CoE account must be in good standing

Remember, this is not a competition and you should cast your vote based on your experience with this candidate alone, not their kingdom affiliation. There is also no limit to the number of ambassadors you may vote for.

By default, your vote in this form is confidential and will only be seen by Soulbound Studios. If you'd like to communicate something publicly, post a reply to this thread as usual. As a reminder, ensure any public comments adhere to our Code of Conduct.

Note: This poll will end automatically 7 days from the post date and time.

Finally, here are a few reminders about what makes a great ambassador:

• They are paragons of what it means to be a CoE community member
  • They are able to answer the toughest of questions about CoE
  • They've displayed an unparalleled willingness to help others

To learn more about this exciting new program, please visit the following link:

Community Ambassador Program

Would you recommend Cyneric for Community Ambassador?

Voting for this poll is now closed.

"Stupid questions make more sense than stupid mistakes."

8/23/2017 4:43:07 AM #16

I mean that's not the motto of a community ambassador. : )

8/23/2017 4:46:55 AM #17

Thank you to those that edited their posts.

We are not trying to censor your opinion, we only ask you abide by our CoC and ToS.

8/23/2017 5:01:53 AM #18

As far as community ambassadorship goes, the only comment I can make from my experience with you is that you let rumors, unsubstantiated claims, and slander run rampant in your own group directed at another group inside of the larger community you were apart of. If you end up being an ambassador I hope you end up having the testicular fortitude, and leadership ability to not promote that kind of behavior and instead combat that behavior with facts backed by hard evidence that is reference able.

Aside from you promoting the drama within your group and thus our own community while you were in Vornair. I can't fault you for continuing it outside of Vornair since now its an apt PvP tactic / DoD tactic for your group. However aside from this example (which to me is significant) I have seen you be supportive of the rest of the community and provide factual information about CoE / promote evidenced information about CoE publicly. I just hope that stays the case in the future.

Further, aside from that bit of drama and history, from a RL perspective I genuinely believe you are a good duder and a bit of a white knight (which isnt a bad thing) and I wish you the best of luck in this endeavor. :-)

I can't vote yes simply due to our experience together and what I know about you propagating and supporting slanderous / non-factual information with extreme prejudice simply because it came from one of your people. No individual or group deserves to be treated the way you treated Freelancer and Legacy especially not when you have 0 physical or hard evidence other than someone's word on the matter.

"Pledged to the betterment of the Studio and CoE through realistic, open, honest communication about what players can and will do with the mechanics you give them."

Come follow me on Twitch for CoE News and general hangout stuff n things! https://www.twitch.tv/adamrhyne

8/23/2017 5:02:29 AM #19

Yikes

8/23/2017 5:12:28 AM #20

Everybody keeps talking about what they experienced or "facts" of the naughty deeds of Cyneric but I'm not seeing any hyperlinks or images of the accusations. Also I find it funny that most of the folks downing Cyneric came out of the blue, people with less than 10 posts as of me posting this comment.

So, if I was a bystanderd looking in seeing people with posts not in the double digits randomly slamming Cyneric for accusations he made because he didn't have proof (which he openly admitted and said he made his decision to stand by his community rather than his "King" and would take the word of people he's been friends with for years) while they themselves don't have any either, I'd be a bit perturbed. It's as though someone is fanning the flames privately in their own group chats of sorts which is a bit hypocritical... But I don't have any proof. Just food for thought.

8/23/2017 5:13:35 AM #21

Posted By Adam Burrfoot at 01:01 AM - Wed Aug 23 2017

All I will say on the previous matter is that I get why your perspective of things is the way it is Cyneric it doesn't match my perspective exactly but that is to be expected.

As far as community ambassadorship goes, the only comment I can make from my experience with you is that you let rumors, unsubstantiated claims, and slander run rampant in your own group directed at another group inside of the larger community you were apart of. If you end up being an ambassador I hope you end up having the testicular fortitude, and leadership ability to not promote that kind of behavior and instead combat that behavior with facts backed by hard evidence that is reference able.

Aside from you promoting the drama within your group and thus our own community while you were in Vornair. I can't fault you for continuing it outside of Vornair since now its an apt PvP tactic / DoD tactic for your group. However aside from this example (which to me is significant) I have seen you be supportive of the rest of the community and provide factual information about CoE / promote evidenced information about CoE publicly. I just hope that stays the case in the future.

Further, aside from that bit of drama and history, from a RL perspective I genuinely believe you are a good duder and a bit of a white knight (which isnt a bad thing) and I wish you the best of luck in this endeavor. :-)

I can't vote yes simply due to our experience together and what I know about you propagating and supporting slanderous / non-factual information with extreme prejudice simply because it came from one of your people. No individual or group deserves to be treated the way you treated Freelancer and Legacy especially not when you have 0 physical or hard evidence other than someone's word on the matter.

Spreading or supporting of information simply because one of your trusted people said it does not make it factual nor does it make it right. If that slips into your ambassador role I would hate to have people running around believing they are all going to be mages with the ability to devastate entire servers simply because someone you trusted stated that they heard that everyone will have access to those abilities day one with no referenced sources or hard evidence on where they heard it. That of course is an extreme example, however I hope you see that from my perspective it is a legitimate concern.

When it comes to who I make alliances with? Yeah I'm always going to side with my membership, that's going to happen, espescially when those members are close real life friends of mine. I trust what they say because I have a long history of trust built up over five or more years.

As far as spreading rumors and otherwise within Vornair. Do you have a source where I have done this publicly? As far as I'm aware, I have made accusations in places where it was important to do so. Namely the Council of Dukes as my reasonings for why I wanted him gone, my own personal private discord in non publicly visible chat channels where the conversation was started, and in voice chat in my own discord with my membership during the height of all of this.

Outside of that, even when talking with Kairos about why it is that I had left, I never brought up what exactly Freelancer had done or what my claims were because they weren't relevant, and because they were of a personal nature.

I also never mentioned any of this within public Vornair chat, or publicly to members, nor had I really interacted with Vornair members since. About the only Vornair person I talk to besides Morbis was probably Nihz since she's a cool friend or at least I view her as such. I and probably my members that had a beef with Freelancer probably talked to her about it in voice.

Outside of those specific instances, is there a place where you feel that I publicly shamed someone in open channels that was view able to everyone, or otherwise caused a ruckus in a public way? Or really outside of the places I listed, was there another place where I talked about this? If so, please do share as I'm genuinely curious about it, since I only have the logs of the Cool kids [Duchy Council] and yours and my discussion of the incident.

All of which I would prefer not to link to as that is in poor form, but if Serp gives the okay then I'm happy to do so.

8/23/2017 5:21:15 AM #22

If individuals demand evidence and that evidence exists, there's no reason one couldn't provide it via a PM.

I would still like to keep this thread civil, but locking it may become necessary which would be unfortunate.

8/23/2017 5:23:25 AM #23

Posted By Serpentius at 01:21 AM - Wed Aug 23 2017

If individuals demand evidence and that evidence exists, there's no reason one couldn't provide it via a PM.

I would still like to keep this thread civil, but locking it may become necessary which would be unfortunate.

Thanks for the comment Serp. If people want the full logs of what exactly transpired point for point, outside of what happened in voice channels since I don't record those. Then please feel free to send me a pm, either on here or on discord.

8/23/2017 5:26:37 AM #24

I don't believe that the number of posts in a forum determines the value of your opinions or experiences around someone. Some people prefer to listen more than speak, and tend to only chime in when they feel it's necessary to do so.

8/23/2017 5:28:11 AM #25

You fully admit to doing these things and are willing to provide the evidence. Can you also please provide the evidence that the filth you spread about freelancer is true? Oh wait, it's non-existent. Grow up kid.

8/23/2017 5:38:34 AM #26

Posted By Cyneric at 11:13 PM - Tue Aug 22 2017

Posted By Adam Burrfoot at 01:01 AM - Wed Aug 23 2017

All I will say on the previous matter is that I get why your perspective of things is the way it is Cyneric it doesn't match my perspective exactly but that is to be expected.

Spreading or supporting of information simply because one of your trusted people said it does not make it factual nor does it make it right. If that slips into your ambassador role I would hate to have people running around believing they are all going to be mages with the ability to devastate entire servers simply because someone you trusted stated that they heard that everyone will have access to those abilities day one with no referenced sources or hard evidence on where they heard it. That of course is an extreme example, however I hope you see that from my perspective it is a legitimate concern.

When it comes to who I make alliances with? Yeah I'm always going to side with my membership, that's going to happen, espescially when those members are close real life friends of mine. I trust what they say because I have a long history of trust built up over five or more years.

As far as spreading rumors and otherwise within Vornair. Do you have a source where I have done this publicly? As far as I'm aware, I have made accusations in places where it was important to do so. Namely the Council of Dukes as my reasonings for why I wanted him gone, my own personal private discord in non publicly visible chat channels where the conversation was started, and in voice chat in my own discord with my membership during the height of all of this.

Outside of that, even when talking with Kairos about why it is that I had left, I never brought up what exactly Freelancer had done or what my claims were because they weren't relevant, and because they were of a personal nature.

I also never mentioned any of this within public Vornair chat, or publicly to members, nor had I really interacted with Vornair members since. About the only Vornair person I talk to besides Morbis was probably Nihz since she's a cool friend or at least I view her as such. I and probably my members that had a beef with Freelancer probably talked to her about it in voice.

Outside of those specific instances, is there a place where you feel that I publicly shamed someone in open channels that was view able to everyone, or otherwise caused a ruckus in a public way? Or really outside of the places I listed, was there another place where I talked about this? If so, please do share as I'm genuinely curious about it, since I only have the logs of the Cool kids [Duchy Council] and yours and my discussion of the incident.

All of which I would prefer not to link to as that is in poor form, but if Serp gives the okay then I'm happy to do so.

I stated this in a previous iteration of my post but I didnt go into it because it was additional detail that Serp didnt really want the thread to get into. When you joined our Kingdom I made it clear there were requirements of the Dukes including being Kingdom focused. Allowing slander, rumors, and misinformation to be spread in your duchy chat (and as your duchy was part of the Kingdom it makes it part of the "Kingdom Chat") just promotes drama within the larger Kingdom community. Additionally it just isn't right in a community. Like I said, I understand it now when you are external to the Kingdom. However, when you are a part of a larger community / organization all it does is promote drama, schism, and is unprofessional at best.

Now you are a part of another Kingdom, a Duchy with in that Kingdom, a Gaming Community within that Duchy within that Kingdom within the larger CoE community. The spreading of unsubstantiated rumor, baseless accusations and the like foments in the lower groups and colors your own opinions and from my experience dictates how you carry yourself / your decision making as a leader in the larger ones. I think both of our perspectives color that picture in total.

Again from your perspective you view it as "This is my group, we dont talk about it in yours, though it did have a hand in my decision making in the larger group." Mine is "We were all part of one group, whether you fomented the rumor, slander in your little piece of it or not its all part of the same group. Instead of demanding facts and basing your decision making around factual information you took people's word for it and made up your mind from there."

Totally within your rights to do that, just not what I view as an ideal mentality to have as an ambassador of the larger community. It would be completely different if the rumor and slander were treated as such and didnt color your decision making. It would be completely different if you attempted to silence the slander and fomenting of rumors in your community by demanding evidence or something to substantiate the claims before letting it color your decision making. It would further be different if you acknowledged that you had nothing to substantiate the rumors / claims what so ever and are simply going off of the word of people you know and trust and thus not let it color your decision making even though you trust your friend, as a leader you should approach with an open mind unless you have something of hard evidence to support your decision. You do it based off of the influences of those that surround you, rather than logic and fact. Which absolutely effects your judgement and the way you operate in public / higher levels of community. It is understandable, especially given the perspectives involved, however it is what colored my decision.

"Pledged to the betterment of the Studio and CoE through realistic, open, honest communication about what players can and will do with the mechanics you give them."

Come follow me on Twitch for CoE News and general hangout stuff n things! https://www.twitch.tv/adamrhyne

8/23/2017 5:41:01 AM #27

RIP

8/23/2017 5:41:17 AM #28

I don't believe Cyneric has ill intentions when it comes to how he would be managing this position he's applying for. However, the adversity against him compared to the other candidates applying for the position, with evidence of why said adversity exists likely being sent in private, I don't believe he is a good fit for the position.

8/23/2017 6:13:34 AM #29

I apologize to everyone involved, but this thread is being locked because I keep having to delete posts despite repeated requests for change, and I cannot continue to do that forever.

Thank you for your understanding.