COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
"I heard it on the grapevine" (sneak peak at the State of Elyria?)

For those who don't follow alternate communication channels, this was stated by Caspian yesterday.

"There's been a lot of changes the last two months. A ton of new hires and more to come. There's also a lot happening on the development side. I've got some business development stuff I may consider doing that I've only been toying with, and looking at other forms of revenue and investments for the studio, but nothing concrete yet. Some of these plans need some more bake time. Some need advice from my advisory board. Some just rely on the completion of a specific internal milestone before I can move the plans forward."

You must all be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to get angry. JAMES 1:19 NLT

1/4/2020 3:53:11 AM #31

Gives them 1000 pennies

1/4/2020 4:53:49 AM #32

Posted By MagistoDiscord at 9:12 PM - Fri Jan 03 2020

No one will give this studios one penny. If Caspian accepts any deal he will be giving away creative rights and the entity will be making this even more P2W. I have my popcorn ready to see how Caspian manages to bring more funding to this project moving forward.

Who knows. TBH if it were me... i would rather take that and save my house for my kids and wife rather than hear my wife complain and divorce me lmao. edit just to make it clear i am not saying his wife would do any of that...but if i had a wife they probably would with me lmao.

Count Weylyn of Vit Kanin. Friend code B7D0EF

1/4/2020 5:39:19 AM #33

Posted By AlphaWolfofthepack at 11:53 PM - Fri Jan 03 2020

Posted By MagistoDiscord at 9:12 PM - Fri Jan 03 2020

No one will give this studios one penny. If Caspian accepts any deal he will be giving away creative rights and the entity will be making this even more P2W. I have my popcorn ready to see how Caspian manages to bring more funding to this project moving forward.

Who knows. TBH if it were me... i would rather take that and save my house for my kids and wife rather than hear my wife complain and divorce me lmao. edit just to make it clear i am not saying his wife would do any of that...but if i had a wife they probably would with me lmao.

I agree with you, lets wait and see how Caspian plans to raise money. 8M cash over 4 years of development is a drop in the bucket.

1/4/2020 6:20:42 AM #34

Umm, with a million dollars in about a month for sales of (mainly) tchotchkes when D&SS finally happened, despite horrendous pissing and moaning for months before that, I don't think SBS will have any real problem raising more money, if evidence of progress is demonstrated from time to time.

1/4/2020 6:27:14 AM #35

Alternative channels where can I find these channels?

I love jumping around in a Voxel assets

2/6/2020 6:57:48 AM #36

Posted By Stundar at 2:27 PM - Sat Jan 04 2020

Alternative channels where can I find these channels?

I believe OP means Discord.

Never argue with an idiot, cuz he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Vice mayor of Lux Verloren

2/6/2020 8:40:59 PM #37

Thanks for posting this for us Kyleran.

I appreciate Caspian's words, and I'm glad he checked in and spoke to something of substance. This is Caspian in his strongest element. He's excellent at keeping us in the loop and getting us excited for the game and the studio's future. It's been a genuinely sad experience not having him around as much, even just to chat about CoE game play/lore/playstyles/mechanics, but I understand. I just hope we see more of this.

Don't be dissuaded by tough questions and skeptics being active in the community, folks. It's tangible proof that the passion and hopes for the game are alive and well, but it's easy to get jaded and take it all as microaggressions when you get distracted from focusing on the game and studio.

"If we wait until we are ready, we'll be waiting for the rest of our lives..." code: CD83B4

2/19/2020 2:50:50 AM #38

Posted By Poldano at 2:20 PM - Sat Jan 04 2020

Umm, with a million dollars in about a month for sales of (mainly) tchotchkes when D&SS finally happened, despite horrendous pissing and moaning for months before that, I don't think SBS will have any real problem raising more money, if evidence of progress is demonstrated from time to time.

Correct^

And here lies the issue CoE has always had and has always lagged behind other Kickstarter projects. The most successful crowd funded projects get something into the hands of the backers ASAP. SC did it with a crappy Hangar and a ship to walk around.....BUT it was something.

I sincerely feel that when SBS drop something playable, they will have no issues with funding. The last anniversary sale has proven we as a community are wanting to fund this game.

2/19/2020 3:03:06 AM #39

no good reason for revival

2/19/2020 3:16:28 AM #40

Ya too harsh on the man Sang. 2 weeks is hardly necromancy, just a guy catching up on things after being gone a minute.

2/19/2020 9:34:55 AM #41

I think necro-ing a thread is only bad if the discussion is no longer relevant or the 'necromancer' added nothing of substance.

Probably a question for a different thread, but why do so many forums hate when people respond to old threads and instead urge them to make new threads about the same topic again and again? We still don't have State of Elyria, so the conversation is still valid, but when there isn't much else to say about SoE, would you rather see one thread about it or 5?

2/19/2020 11:06:34 AM #42

Posted By Kyleran at 12:30 AM - Sat Jan 04 2020

Posted By Ravenlute at 5:55 PM - Fri Jan 03 2020

Posted By Corvinius at 04:43 AM - Fri Jan 03 2020

Posted By Aiji at 1:26 PM - Thu Jan 02 2020

Everquest was in development for only 3 years and almost 21 years later still has a large following, and making money.

Dark Age of Camelot had around the same team size as SBS, took 2 1/2 million and less than 3 years as far as I know. sold several dlcs,ran for around 20 years and is basicially beeing remade now (camelot unchained)

So everything in the world has stayed the same from 20 years ago?

Not at all, modern MMORPGs suck.... wasn't the case back in the day.

I hate to tell you but DAOC was terrible - having played it for about 6 months the lack of content was really obvious. I think the only people who really enjoyed it liked zerg pvp.

Count Darothar, Bleak Ark

2/19/2020 4:07:55 PM #43

Can't tell if Kossuth is being sarcastic or not...

Imgur

2/19/2020 11:05:28 PM #44

Posted By Marovec at 11:07 AM - Wed Feb 19 2020

Can't tell if Kossuth is being sarcastic or not...

He was clearly doing it wrong.

😁

You must all be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to get angry. JAMES 1:19 NLT

2/19/2020 11:09:19 PM #45

Seriously. DAoC was the first time I enjoyed PvP, and I'm very much a PvE guy. The fact that the combat had a reason was key. It had an effect on the rest of the game that made it feel like you were actually doing something meaningful, rather than just slaughtering for the sake of slaughtering.

It remains my favorite PvP game of all time. EQ was my favorite PvE, the original Elite was my favorite space/flight sim (the new E:D is good as well), SWG for crafting (EQ2 gets 2nd), and the whole Civ series for empire building.

Most modern MMOs lack the soul of the older games. Look at how many people stick with those 20+ year old titles (and sequels), vs abandon the newer ones after a year or three.