COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
killing ecosystem

I have a question here if you look at what happened to Ultima... ( you can find that here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KFNxJVTJleE ) You can see there might be a problem with things going extinct. What is going to stop people from just wiping out all plants and animals and just killing the game.

Count Weylyn of Vit Kanin. Friend code B7D0EF

1/30/2020 6:41:26 PM #1

They expect us to do the stopping of mass extinctions. We can't talk the fanboys out of this yet. Sorry.

It's like we are 24 hours a day online to monitor murder hobos.

1/30/2020 6:42:09 PM #2

Laws... but that doesnt necessarily mean it can't be done in regions.

1/30/2020 6:44:26 PM #3

Posted By SpoobyBlackheart at 7:42 PM - Thu Jan 30 2020

No ofcourse not. Many of us have no lives and will be guarding every tree and deer with their lives 24/7.

Maybe we will be working on shifts.

1/30/2020 6:46:38 PM #4

There are already conservation groups starting up on most servers. My assumption is that they will have a Zoo/Noah's Ark type system where they take at least 2 of each species to start a wildlife reserve for the animals and keep a garden of each of the plant life so that there are always sources of each type. But that's just a guess on their plan's. You can always check with them directly.

1/30/2020 6:48:36 PM #5

Posted By Jaseac at 7:46 PM - Thu Jan 30 2020

There are already conservation groups starting up on most servers. My assumption is that they will have a Zoo/Noah's Ark type system where they take at least 2 of each species to start a wildlife reserve for the animals and keep a garden of each of the plant life so that there are always sources of each type. But that's just a guess on their plan's. You can always check with them directly.

So, you think locking all the animals in cages is a good solution to the problem? Well, it is actually a great way to monopolize certain crafting trades by denying them their resources.

1/30/2020 6:49:18 PM #6

Posted By Jaseac at 1:46 PM - Thu Jan 30 2020

Awesome target for those who enjoy seeing the world burn.

Shaping up nicely.

😁

You must all be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to get angry. JAMES 1:19 NLT

1/30/2020 6:56:06 PM #7

Posted By Ilyria at 1:41 PM - Thu Jan 30 2020

They expect us to do the stopping of mass extinctions. We can't talk the fanboys out of this yet. Sorry.

It's like we are 24 hours a day online to monitor murder hobos.

Interestingly enough there are several mechanics being planned for COE which the UO team first introduced and eventually either walked away from or drastically altered in order to retain some part of.

Raph Koster admits he gave up on FFA open world PVP models when his team designed SWG.

In recent years he posted regretting this decision in hindsight, believing they should have tried harder to control player behavior so it will be interesting to see what he develops in terms of PVP for the new game he's leading.

The SBS team faces several challenges ahead and only time will tell if the planned mechanics and controls are effective.

You must all be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to get angry. JAMES 1:19 NLT

1/30/2020 6:59:23 PM #8

the hell you need to preserve plant life in a video game ?!! .
The usefull ones are gona be cultivated anyway ,same goes to animals.

And about the issue itself , i dont think a large enough playerbase gona go full on hunting only , in this game , in ultima it was a prety simple choice to just farm woodland criters and sell evrything to an npc.

But lets say they are gona do it ,as we know us gamerboys and gamergirls are crazy silly when comes to farming , but here is your answear :

Economics .if evrybody would do hunting work the price of those products that come from criters would drop down soo drasticly it would not worth the time doing it , yes the meat may hold value due to being edible , but if thers a multiple ton of pelts in every hamlet village town and city it would became "junk"

1/30/2020 7:08:35 PM #9

Posted By Lynx270 at 7:59 PM - Thu Jan 30 2020

And about the issue itself , i dont think a large enough playerbase gona go full on hunting only , in this game , in ultima it was a prety simple choice to just farm woodland criters and sell evrything to an npc.

But lets say they are gona do it ,as we know us gamerboys and gamergirls are crazy silly when comes to farming , but here is your answear :

Economics .if evrybody would do hunting work the price of those products that come from criters would drop down soo drasticly it would not worth the time doing it , yes the meat may hold value due to being edible , but if thers a multiple ton of pelts in every hamlet village town and city it would became "junk"

Yes, on the surface this may look easy, but there are more reasons to kill wildlife, plants and trees.

In my years that I am here following the development of this game, I never had heard a good reason how wildlife would be able to sustain itself or how we could protect it,

Wars are starting and when that happens, all the resources are game. Repairs are always after the war, but this is a game. Wars seldom end, because that would be no fun at all.

1/30/2020 7:11:03 PM #10

Posted By Ilyria at 1:44 PM - Thu Jan 30 2020

Posted By SpoobyBlackheart at 7:42 PM - Thu Jan 30 2020

No ofcourse not. Many of us have no lives and will be guarding every tree and deer with their lives 24/7.

Maybe we will be working on shifts.

Great point, years of playing FFA PVP games has taught me no one enjoys "guard duty" unless there's some extraordinary rewards for doing so.

In EVE I belonged to many corporations who "controlled" an area of null sec which we PVE minded types would farm in relative peace.

Still, every now and then roaming gangs or fleets would move through.

Despite popular belief, our "soldiers" did not come to our rescue or avenge our deaths, they were busy fighting in some far off large scale war instead.

We Krabs were told to either safe up or organize a home defense fleet to deal with the problem.

While we occasionally did form a home guard, more often we just got safe, watched some Netflix until the enemy grew bored and moved on.

In fact, one of the bigger "crimes" a krab could commit was getting caught and killed too often or suffer big losses as these served to strongly encourage the killers to come back to lucrative hunting grounds.

1/30/2020 7:14:21 PM #11

Posted By Ilyria at 8:08 PM - Thu Jan 30 2020

Yes, on the surface this may look easy, but there are more reasons to kill wildlife, plants and trees.

In my years that I am here following the development of this game, I never had a good reason how wildlife would be able to sustain itself or how we could protect it,

Wars are starting and when that happens, all the resources are game. Repairs are always after the war, but this is a game. Wars seldom end, because that would be no fun at all.

Well not gona lie it would be cool to see it happen in person .... the Ironwood forests burning brightly and all that, but in the end of the day i personaly fell its our problem if we fuck up the virtual world as well not the developers.

Tho personaly i hope if it happens its not server wide only regional .

1/30/2020 7:17:10 PM #12

Posted By Lynx270 at 8:14 PM - Thu Jan 30 2020

Posted By Ilyria at 8:08 PM - Thu Jan 30 2020

In my years that I am here following the development of this game, I never had a good reason how wildlife would be able to sustain itself or how we could protect it,

Well not gona lie it would be cool to see it happen in person .... the Ironwood forests burning brightly and all that, but in the end of the day i personaly fell its our problem if we fuck up the virtual world as well not the developers.

Tho personaly i hope if it happens its not server wide only regional .

So the developers are free to make us pay through the nose and sit back, while we an mass leave the game because it became one big empty desert (sandbox)?

1/30/2020 7:26:23 PM #13

Posted By Ilyria at 8:17 PM - Thu Jan 30 2020

So the developers are free to make us pay through the nose and sit back, while we an mass leave the game because it became one big empty desert (sandbox)?

I nah its not like that think about that way ,,, getting more dessert region for our money

But yeah i do love myself some madmaxy mmo action.

Tho i would think soo it would take us time to fuck up the game ... like 1 year maybe? maybe half ?

1/30/2020 7:29:48 PM #14

Posted By Lynx270 at 8:26 PM - Thu Jan 30 2020

Posted By Ilyria at 8:17 PM - Thu Jan 30 2020

I nah its not like that think about that way ,,, getting more dessert region for our money

But yeah i do love myself some madmaxy mmo action.

Tho i would think soo it would take us time to fuck up the game ... like 1 year maybe? maybe half ?

We should all play Waerd :)

1/30/2020 8:15:09 PM #15

Posted By Lynx270 at 12:59 PM - Thu Jan 30 2020

This is the attitude that i feel like is going to kill the ecosystem. Seriously. The only difference is most of the people who are going to have this are PVP and don't care at all if the game burns or fails.

Count Weylyn of Vit Kanin. Friend code B7D0EF