COMMUNITY - FORUMS - NEWS & ANNOUNCEMENTS
[Sticky] Settlers of Elyria Update 2

Hello my Elyrian friends,

It’s time for an update! Much work has been done on The Settlers of Elyria event and we're pleased to announce that the bugs around sales, prices, resources, and other data-related problems have all been resolved and verified fixed. In addition, we wanted to use this opportunity to not only fix the bugs experienced previously, but really strive for a superior experience.

As such, we've implemented new load balancing, streamlined the UI, improved navigation, and more!

Rather than tell you, let’s just dive right in and show you. This is what we expect the new domains and settlements map experience to be like: Fun fact: we had a lot of continent data we could render. Providing the right information about the areas for domain selection, but not making exploration useless, was a hard balance to hit. In the end, we think this has better visual fidelity, without compromising cartography as a skill and trade.

The UI is getting an update as you can see here:

This updated style meant to communicate the same information to you a bit more clearly and make navigating a sharper experience. We’re also using this as a chance to streamline some of our site’s branding and UX. We plan to make significant improvements to the website and our web features in the near future, and this is step one.

This is when you ask when you can see it, right? Soon. We need to do some more testing, and we need to do a bit more work on the purchase pipeline now that we have resolved the critical issues. Once we have completed our tests, and ensured they are all passing, we can announce a new date for Settlers.

As an aside, this is the first of many updates to our site and related tools you’ll see this year. I know we've been quiet, that’s because we’ve been busy working on the pre-alpha and updating the domains map.

I hope you like the direction here. I’ll be making another update as soon as we have the last bits of work done and we can announce a proper release date.

In the meantime, thanks Elyrians, you rock.

... ...
2/14/2020 9:04:40 PM #61

Glad to see you people are not dead; I was getting worried. The new UI looks like a small step. Not sure when you guys had your problem and started work, but.. In my eyes- it took you 3 weeks to do this... and your pictures do not impress. 2 pictures is all you had time for? Don't get me wrong, I'm still a fanboy, but I'm losing steam. Your lack of videos and all-round silence while you work is not good for moral. You are working on the game, right? This is not meant to bash you. Just letting you know- there are people waiting to breath CoE, but you waterboard us with silence.

2/14/2020 9:52:12 PM #62

So it looks like there will be no additional information for prospective buyers, just a different rendering? Or will more information be shown on the map when you get down to the county or settlement level?

2/14/2020 10:06:47 PM #63

Posted By Scorus at 4:52 PM - Fri Feb 14 2020

So it looks like there will be no additional information for prospective buyers, just a different rendering? Or will more information be shown on the map when you get down to the county or settlement level?

Posted By AshKain at

This updated style meant to communicate the same information to you a bit more clearly and make navigating a sharper experience. We’re also using this as a chance to streamline some of our site’s branding and UX. We plan to make significant improvements to the website and our web features in the near future, and this is step one.

2/14/2020 10:40:53 PM #64

Posted By Beyondgod at 1:04 PM - Fri Feb 14 2020

Glad to see you people are not dead; I was getting worried. The new UI looks like a small step. Not sure when you guys had your problem and started work, but.. In my eyes- it took you 3 weeks to do this... and your pictures do not impress. 2 pictures is all you had time for? Don't get me wrong, I'm still a fanboy, but I'm losing steam. Your lack of videos and all-round silence while you work is not good for moral. You are working on the game, right? This is not meant to bash you. Just letting you know- there are people waiting to breath CoE, but you waterboard us with silence.

Those 2 pictures cover the whole view, it would just be the same in a different geographic area, like how Domain Selection worked.

2/15/2020 1:02:00 AM #65

So when do the repicks start? Seeing those mountains with this new updated style. Going to make a world of difference for the Hrothi.

2/15/2020 1:36:20 AM #66

Eehhh. Not much to say. At this point this is all feeling like treading the water. Extending something that was/is intended to be a huge money maker.

I don't think the changes to quality were necessary, but I know a lot of people will want to consume it because it's a new shiny object, and most the responses will be positive. The one silver lining to this is that it'll be an hour or two worth of fun exploring the map once again. I just hope you guys don't slap those giant price tags all over the map again, that was extremely off putting and on that scale,.. sometimes a cause for concern...

As I said, not much to say. We're still just treading water for who knows how many more months. I would appreciate a dev stream at some point, on the topic of biomes. Because despite the information the map provides us, we still know little about the biomes, and for some of them we know literally nothing. So some ACTUAL information on the game itself to dovetail this would alleviate this excruciating wait for DSS to finally be over and done with.

"If we wait until we are ready, we'll be waiting for the rest of our lives..." code: CD83B4

2/15/2020 2:15:26 AM #67

Looks really nice. Thanks for the update :)

"If you only read the books that everyone else is reading, you can only think what everyone else is thinking." -Haruki Murakami

2/15/2020 12:56:07 PM #68

I hope in next few years you finish the work on site/map and......start working .....on game...

209920 WALLACHIA

2/15/2020 1:22:05 PM #69

Posted By Gunnlang at 12:02 PM - Sat Feb 15 2020

So when do the repicks start? Seeing those mountains with this new updated style. Going to make a world of difference for the Hrothi.

There are going to be no repicks, but you knew that already.

2/15/2020 2:03:50 PM #70

Posted By Ineluki at 12:22 AM - Sun Feb 16 2020

Did I? Could have been an token that lets you repick for all I know. Which probably wouldn't be such a bad idea.

2/15/2020 4:33:02 PM #71

Posted By Crystevil at 04:56 AM - Sat Feb 15 2020

I hope in next few years you finish the work on site/map and......start working .....on game...

There are multiple teams in the studio. While the web team has been working diligently on the Domain maps, the game team has not stopped working working on the game.

One task isn't halted for the separate team to work on a separate task.

"Stupid questions make more sense than stupid mistakes."

2/15/2020 4:34:13 PM #72

Posted By Gunnlang at 06:03 AM - Sat Feb 15 2020

Posted By Ineluki at 12:22 AM - Sun Feb 16 2020

Did I? Could have been an token that lets you repick for all I know. Which probably wouldn't be such a bad idea.

/sigh.... ..../facepalm

2/15/2020 4:36:47 PM #73

The map looks pretty good and steps in the right direction. I'd really like to see more of the map in detail, but I completely understand why they would hold some of that information back. It would take more time to develop and honestly not worth it at this point, but a detailed display of the areas "YOU" purchased would be nice and "fog of war" out everything else. This way the buyer can see in more detail what they bought.

2/15/2020 9:45:46 PM #74

I wanted to take the time to thank you for the update. And excited to hear about the coming improvement. i hope the team knows that their hard work is appreciated by us, even if we are very eager to get our hands on something that we can interact with. :)

2/15/2020 11:43:59 PM #75

Looking forward to seeing this in action soon.

Like soon, soon, right?

We Are The Many... We Are The One... We Are THE WAERD !!!

... ...