COMMUNITY - FORUMS - NEWS & ANNOUNCEMENTS
[Sticky] Settlers of Elyria Update 2

Hello my Elyrian friends,

It’s time for an update! Much work has been done on The Settlers of Elyria event and we're pleased to announce that the bugs around sales, prices, resources, and other data-related problems have all been resolved and verified fixed. In addition, we wanted to use this opportunity to not only fix the bugs experienced previously, but really strive for a superior experience.

As such, we've implemented new load balancing, streamlined the UI, improved navigation, and more!

Rather than tell you, let’s just dive right in and show you. This is what we expect the new domains and settlements map experience to be like: Fun fact: we had a lot of continent data we could render. Providing the right information about the areas for domain selection, but not making exploration useless, was a hard balance to hit. In the end, we think this has better visual fidelity, without compromising cartography as a skill and trade.

The UI is getting an update as you can see here:

This updated style meant to communicate the same information to you a bit more clearly and make navigating a sharper experience. We’re also using this as a chance to streamline some of our site’s branding and UX. We plan to make significant improvements to the website and our web features in the near future, and this is step one.

This is when you ask when you can see it, right? Soon. We need to do some more testing, and we need to do a bit more work on the purchase pipeline now that we have resolved the critical issues. Once we have completed our tests, and ensured they are all passing, we can announce a new date for Settlers.

As an aside, this is the first of many updates to our site and related tools you’ll see this year. I know we've been quiet, that’s because we’ve been busy working on the pre-alpha and updating the domains map.

I hope you like the direction here. I’ll be making another update as soon as we have the last bits of work done and we can announce a proper release date.

In the meantime, thanks Elyrians, you rock.

2/21/2020 6:14:33 PM #106

meh, I'll put some EP down on it.

I don't know anymore.

2/21/2020 8:13:41 PM #107

Posted By VioletWinterlynn at 6:16 PM - Thu Feb 20 2020

Community guess dates aren’t very helpful as they change based on the person you ask or that tries to answer with a guess. Especially if it has been stated that the projection is to get the first playable content into the hands of players this year.

You meant to say Especially "as" it has been stated ....yes?

Someone already shared this elsewhere on the site so I'll repost.

"Caspian ☁Yesterday at 6:20 AM I can state with certainty that Alpha 1 backers are going to get hands on with various elements of the game in pre alpha forms this year. The first time coming up very soon."

Only recent, credible information which I'm aware of.

You must all be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to get angry. JAMES 1:19 NLT

2/21/2020 8:18:29 PM #108

Both works.

We don’t know their intended release rate/schedule for Prelyria content so we could even get to beta access this year for it if it does come out soon. Who knows what the future holds.

I wasn’t talking about a specific individuals access but overall access. And as far as we know we will be getting personas which is apparently still planned with a character creation thing so we have that to look forward to as well.

2/22/2020 1:09:46 PM #109

Posted By VioletWinterlynn at 03:32 AM - Sat Feb 22 2020

Rank does not matter for access. You can be rank 1 with alpha 1. It was available for an Elyrian to by from the merchandise store.

She's not wrong.

2/22/2020 2:56:43 PM #110

Posted By VioletWinterlynn at 12:18 PM - Fri Feb 21 2020

Both works.

We don’t know their intended release rate/schedule for Prelyria content so we could even get to beta access this year for it if it does come out soon. Who knows what the future holds.

i'm not a gambling man but i would take you up on anything you would like to bet, that we don't see Beta this year

is it possible? - yes

is it likely? - you be the judge

2/22/2020 4:22:00 PM #111

I wasn’t saying beta. I was saying beta level access to Prelyria.

2/22/2020 4:34:07 PM #112

When are we going to actually start playing the dam game????????

Nicademus

2/22/2020 4:40:35 PM #113

Posted By VioletWinterlynn at 08:22 AM - Sat Feb 22 2020

I wasn’t saying beta. I was saying beta level access to Prelyria.

oh gotcha - well,then hopefully we get to access the beta level of alpha this year also!

2/22/2020 4:56:30 PM #114

Posted By Nicademus at 08:34 AM - Sat Feb 22 2020

When are we going to actually start playing the dam game????????

Only thing we have been told is that people with Alpha 1 testing will have lots of things to test this year. What and when hasn't been said yet. And whether any other peeps are getting access hasn't been said either.

2/22/2020 7:58:43 PM #115

Can we access the alpha version of pre alpha before we hit the beta of alpha?

2/26/2020 2:44:41 PM #116

Love the work guy's and girls keep it up

Friend Code A81A5F

2/26/2020 6:43:06 PM #117

Watch your time and resources SBS ;)

Nathan Little

2/27/2020 11:46:35 PM #118

Nice to see tangible updates!

2/28/2020 10:38:00 PM #119

Great to see that soulbound devs have taken time out of their (very busy!) days to listen to us and make things better, especially something as important as this. Updates like this really show what Great dudes/dudettes that SBS really is. Hope you're all having a great day at the studios, and may your energy drinks be plentiful. Thanks!

" you underestimate my stupidity "

-runs through minefield-

3/7/2020 10:39:12 AM #120

Zwei einfache Fragen

Seit ihr überhaupt sicher was auf die Reihe bekommt ?

Seit ihr sicher 2020 etwas Spielbares raus zubringen ?

Two simple questions

Are you guys sure you're up to something?

Are you sure you'll be able to get something playable in 2020?

----Königreich Demalion --------Herzogtum Azkhar ----Grafschaft Falkenlande ----

Hexerlon von Falkenburg-- Bürgermeister der Stadt Falkenburg- -Leader der Spiel-Community der Global-Blutfalken