COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
Food and Hunger Calculations of New Time Model Discussion

So I swear I've seen hunger and eating and such to be required to survive in CoE (Ie whats the point of weight gain and such)... Correct me if incorrect. Here is a balance question.

The new time model states that 7 real life days, is equal to 1 year / 12 months CoE Days. Now if you do the math, each real life day is 1.7 months or 52ish days if going off 30 days a month average. Also being said, each real life hour is equal to 2.1 days. Now there is thinking how the normal human has to eat. A minimum of a large meal once a day or two smaller depending from person to person.

If realistic, that would mean having to make your character eat 2 or 4 times an hour, or 48 and 96 times over 24 hours. Realistically, it would feel more like we're playing the eating game and not CoE.

Mind you, this would of likely been MUCH worse with 1 year being 4 days, but how do you guys think this will be balanced?

I personally wouldn't mind feeding my character once every couple of hours.

Also another question on the side; Will CoE contain nudity? Haven't heard anything about it (wouldn't surprise me), but then the body weight preview popped up the other day with blurred genitalia. If none by default, then a setting to enable/disable?

2/19/2019 7:09:45 PM #16

I agree that an Inn or Tavern providing passive replenishment of fatigue / hunger / thirst provides a very eloquent and simple way to provide in-game mechanical reason for players to congregate in traditionally a very RP-centric locale. It very naturally fulfills that familiar scene of a populated and busy tavern, but instead of nameless copy-paste NPCs, its filled with players.

Most MMO's have some version of "bank watching" when you're logged in but just talking on VOIP, reading something out of game, or organizing yourself, and players need a place to idle.

I could easily see players of all kinds traveling into a new city and immediately seeking out the nearest tavern to sit down and idle at while their stats replenish and they afk to grab a beer or a snack.

2/19/2019 7:27:08 PM #17

Posted By Snipehunter at 7:37 PM - Tue Feb 19 2019 . One is that cozy comfortable places like taverns, Inns, and similar establishments, are places where characters can recover from their fatigue quickly.

OhOh are you talking of that place around the corner with the red lantern hanging over the door ? sure it's comfortable but not sure you recover from your fatigue... you sure get relieved.

2/20/2019 12:15:30 AM #18

Posted By markof at 2:27 PM - Tue Feb 19 2019

Posted By Snipehunter at 7:37 PM - Tue Feb 19 2019 . One is that cozy comfortable places like taverns, Inns, and similar establishments, are places where characters can recover from their fatigue quickly.

OhOh are you talking of that place around the corner with the red lantern hanging over the door ? sure it's comfortable but not sure you recover from your fatigue... you sure get relieved.

Will that also be hand "cooked"?

if you know what i mean

[singing] “Every sperm is sacred, every sperm is great. If a sperm is wasted, God gets quite irate!”

Read more at: https://inews.co.uk/light-relief/jokes/funniest-monty-python-quotes/

We Are The Many... We Are The One... We Are THE WAERD !!!

2/20/2019 6:30:16 AM #19

As for will there be nudity in game, last I heard, no, there will not be. Which I disagree with, but get. I like all the realism I can get, but it would seriously limit the player base, so damage profits.

2/20/2019 2:44:06 PM #20

Posted By Labbe at 12:54 PM - Tue Feb 19 2019

Posted By Snipehunter at 10:37 AM - Tue Feb 19 2019

Hope that helps! :)

You just sold me on visiting my local tavern in game. Funny how nice it sounds when you consider everything.

I have to rework my whole "never leaves home dras alchemist" persona now.

:D

not really, just have to add only leaves to go get drunk and have a good meal served by a in your drunken stupor beautiful tavern wench?

2/21/2019 9:12:23 AM #21

Posted By Labbe - Wed Feb 19 2019

Posted By Snipehunter - Tue Feb 18 2019

Hope that helps! :)

You just sold me on visiting my local tavern in game. Funny how nice it sounds when you consider everything.

I have to rework my whole "never leaves home dras alchemist" persona now.

:D

Or you can just add a tavern as the first floor of your lab/home. Then every visitor of the tavern can taste your latest invention / poison ; )

Never argue with an idiot, cuz he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Vice mayor of Lux Verloren

2/22/2019 10:07:33 PM #22

I guess I know where to place my "help wanted" posters now.