COMMUNITY - FORUMS - SOULBORN ENGINE
Create your own book(s) ?

I didn't see any of that kind of idea anywhere (maybe already treated, but not-english speaker, sry ^^')

I don't know if an Engine or a server (or multiple servers) can hold created books. (also, not good at informatics. Hi.) But I saw you can create your own map, and there's libraries, so I was like : maybe you can write your own bestiary/potion recipies list/and so on ? (Maybe if validated by someone trusted by designers before it can be sell/copied via the library so no @$! in it, you know. I dunno.)

12/13/2016 9:00:19 PM #1

Yes, books will be a thing in CoE. Some books will be tied to skills while others will be tied to specific recipes. You can only increase your proficiency in a skill by so much only using books, but as a method to learn the basics of that skill, books will be very useful.

12/14/2016 5:00:19 PM #2

Thanks for your answer !

I wonder if it will have a text ? Like, when you create a book, will you just create the object (like you can create a sword or whatev), or will you have the possibility to add a text that another player will have the opportunity to read ? (Like books in Skyrim - yeah I know -, where you have a lot of readable books).

12/14/2016 5:02:52 PM #3

I want to know if you literally can make your own novel.

I want to make a biography of myself.

12/14/2016 5:10:36 PM #4

I will be making an erotic novel series called The lusty Leffit Maid.

If you want to be my lover, you gotta get with my friend code: 926EE6

12/14/2016 6:39:03 PM #5

Well, I know it could go in non sense... But i thought it would have been great to expand the universe with religious texts, compendiums of historic events and stuff like that.

But yeah, it's probably silly, it could slip very easily. You're right.

12/15/2016 12:29:06 AM #6

From what I am guessing, it'll be like an MMO where you combine items (Pages + Cover) and create a new item (Book). That'll be how books function I think.

And I will make the best erotic novels any Count can dream of!

If you want to be my lover, you gotta get with my friend code: 926EE6

12/18/2016 4:29:29 AM #7

I believe I'll be authoring this universe's version of 'A Steamy Romance Novel'.

12/18/2016 5:22:42 AM #8

The Elyrian Library will consist of 20% skill books, 5% prefabricated books for world reference, 6% player-created non-erotica, and 69% player-created erotica.

1/11/2017 1:23:34 PM #9

I see what you did thar!

1/11/2017 2:13:01 PM #10

Posted By Honeybrew at 10:22 PM - Sat Dec 17 2016

The Elyrian Library will consist of 20% skill books, 5% prefabricated books for world reference, 6% player-created non-erotica, and 69% player-created erotica.

Well now I have to open Elyria's first pubic library.

4/30/2017 11:48:38 PM #11

Posted By Cheshireone at 08:13 AM - Wed Jan 11 2017

Posted By Honeybrew at 10:22 PM - Sat Dec 17 2016

Well now I have to open Elyria's first pubic library.

Im afraid of people making books...there would be too much garbage to sift through

Deus lo Vult!

5/10/2017 3:20:29 PM #12

One of my plans as a background for a character is a librarian / bookseller-turned-adventurer, inspired by the tales of adventure in the books he has surrounded himself with. I think it's sort of sweet. It'll be difficult to realise if there are no bookshops or libraries though, hahaha.

I love the idea of player-authored books, and especially of players receiving royalties from the books they have written - an adventurer could spend his/her life exploring dungeons and ruins, discovering the world, and then make a mint after they retire from players buying their book who want to follow their footsteps.

In-game game guides written not by the developers, but by people who have experienced it first hand!

Always keep your words soft and sweet, just in case you have to eat them.

5/10/2017 3:28:55 PM #13

Posted By Caelestius at 4:20 PM - Wed May 10 2017

One of my plans as a background for a character is a librarian / bookseller-turned-adventurer, inspired by the tales of adventure in the books he has surrounded himself with. I think it's sort of sweet. It'll be difficult to realise if there are no bookshops or libraries though, hahaha.

Wouldn't your character name be Don Quixote by any chance?

7/1/2017 7:47:24 PM #14

It almost sounds as if player written guides can be put into the game as books to purchase/loan? That is an interesting concept. I would think that there would be someone overseeing what books can be submitted though otherwise there would be a lot of content to sift through that is considered trolled.

So, as a crafter I come up with a number of my own recipes I can put them into a book and sell them? KInd of like what is in RL - go to a craft store and buy a book on say knitting? Interesting concept!

8/2/2017 11:08:41 PM #15

But those books will be expensive actually should be because you know we are talking about an enviroment problably don't have technology to that extent and books will be handwritten. I think it should be like that because its funny and make every book unique. You can even have conversation like this: '' do u have ** book?'' -''ı am sorry we sell it yesterday'' ''can ı find any copy?'' -''of coure not but if you want to learn it so much you should go find author'' ''where can ı find her?'' -''In graveyard'' ''huh?'' -''She died 3 years ago '' (or rather that this stupid conversation you can try to find the man who purchased it)