COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GUILDS
Kingdom vs family vs guild

Which do you feel will hold your loyalty the most? Do you have any preference to which has the most power in the lands?

Would you arrest your guild mate if they committed a crime or would become a criminal yourself to protect them? Would you kill your sister if she was going to bring resources into a different kingdom?

3/9/2017 1:22:22 PM #1

My loyalty is to my County first and foremost. I rule it so I have a responsibility for its wellbeing.

3/9/2017 1:30:55 PM #2

For me it is likely that it will be Family > Guilds > Kingdom. Simply because that is the order of social interaction.

• Our families are going to be with us daily and our actions directly affecting each other.

• Guild and other associations will be next though it is likely loyalty between them will vary. With people being members of a variety of different organisations I am sure they will prioritise some over others depending on which groups benefit them the most.

• Kingdoms are where the power should lie. However, like in the real world while they have a large impact the majority don't really care they are not patriotic. I do not think this is necessarily a bad thing, just that people have to live in a Kingdom so even if they do not choose to be a part of it they are.

As for the questions they all depend on far more than just the relationship in my opinion. Apart from killing your sister if she was a merchant? Really? I think you are underestimating the importance of people crossing borders between Kingdoms. It is going to one of the ways wealth flows around the game and will be key to getting all the resources your kingdom needs.

Author of the Elyria Echo the first, and least up-to-date, CoE fan site.

3/9/2017 2:28:54 PM #3

I feel that priority for loyalty will differ from individual to individual. Not everyone puts their family first.

3/9/2017 3:04:22 PM #4

Kingdom > Family > Guild

3/9/2017 3:18:00 PM #5

Duchy>family>kingdom>guild.

To me as a pvper my family would be my squad. Since family has boosts to stats when near each other and spirit walking "stuff" makes sense to have your pvp squad in your family.

Loyalty as a count is to my Duke. He leads I follow simple as that. (I see the dukes role as the traditional guild master from other mmos )

The kingdom is red or blue. Kill those not of my kingdom beyond that the kingdom is just my team.

Guilds... depends on the bonuses but to me a guild in CoE really is nothing more than folks I get a crafting bonus by being around.

3/9/2017 4:47:55 PM #6

I agree with the fact the Family will be most important and will be your actual life blood as you play the game. After that, being a count, I would say Country would come second, security and opportunity for the family is also vitally important. And finally I would say Guilds. Guilds will be located across the map and should be easy to locate a different one if needed (though may not be as advanced as you would like), it would be just a pain to relocate but it can be done.

Family > Kingdom > Guilds

"Count Eldric Blackmoore of The Haven, offering direct support for the Hunters, Explorers and Gathers of Elyria" the

3/16/2017 4:09:21 PM #7

I'd have to balance this out depending on the individual scenario. The organisation I'm building comes first, but it is under the law of the county, duchy and kingdom. If a member commits crimes under those laws, protecting them would endanger the entire organisation as the government can easily shut us down at any given time. There wouldn't be an easy solution.

Regarding family, that's most likely synonymous with the core group of our organisation. I'll probably try harder to protect them if they do something wrong, but in the end I still won't give up everything we worked for for a single individual to escape his punishment.

Alt text

3/16/2017 4:50:53 PM #8

I think loyal priorities will differ a lot from person to person depending on their real life experiences. I for one, will be family first, then guild, then country. I think there is a lot of cool opportunity for families to become just as powerful as guilds. I think some of the best guilds will derive from family lines within the game.

"Venture Not, Gain Not"

3/16/2017 5:10:26 PM #9

Who does he think he is?

King: "I am your king."

Well I didn't vote for you.

My thoughts on the subject. ;)

Friend Code: B88A39

3/16/2017 7:41:18 PM #10

Posted By Adam_Kent at 6:10 PM - Thu Mar 16 2017

Who does he think he is?

Like it or not, CoE will not be a democracy, Might be a good idea not to get on the bad side of the nobility.

Alt text

3/16/2017 8:04:28 PM #11

Posted By CalligoMiles at 3:41 PM - Thu Mar 16 2017

Posted By Adam_Kent at 6:10 PM - Thu Mar 16 2017

Who does he think he is?

Like it or not, CoE will not be a democracy, Might be a good idea not to get on the bad side of the nobility.

Very good point.

Mayor, Settlement of Otterbear Creek, County of Sagehaven, Duchy of Mytharbor, Kingdom of Alesia. Friend Code: C3A1F2

A good commander knows when to fight, a great commander knows when not too.

3/16/2017 8:11:10 PM #12

Depends on the crime, a guild member that breaks the law, turn them in. But turn on a merchant for doing their job, nope, never happen. Loyalty progession:

Family, Community, County, Duchy, Kingdom.

I will hold comment on guilds till I figure out haw they are going to work here.

Mayor, Settlement of Otterbear Creek, County of Sagehaven, Duchy of Mytharbor, Kingdom of Alesia. Friend Code: C3A1F2

A good commander knows when to fight, a great commander knows when not too.

3/16/2017 8:34:07 PM #13

As the head of a family, it's in my family's best interest to serve the crown. If a family member goes against the crown, they go against the family. We are the denizens of a kingdom, and we must be loyal.

3/16/2017 8:43:53 PM #14

These are very good points, and I would almost say Kingdom over family, since without a Kingdom, you aren't going to have much of a family. Everything else under that.

3/16/2017 8:55:24 PM #15

Sanguinis > Guild > all