COMMUNITY - FORUMS - FAN MEDIA
[Sticky] New and Improved Wiki Team Communication

I created a shiny new Discord Server for the amazing community members who have time and energy to keep up with official COE information by contributing to the Wiki.

There's still a lot of room to grow and plenty of room for more people. Hopefully with the edition of an official discord server, community members who want to contribute to the wiki in one way or another, have a means to connect with eachother.

Wondering if you should join?

* If any of these things apply to you, then you should consider it!*

• Like to keep people informed of new information.
  • Enjoy collaboration with fellow community members.
  • Want a place where people are working towards a common goal for COE, no matter your server or political affiliation.
  • Are actively editing/adding content on the Wiki,
  • Would like to be an author or designer on the COE Wiki.
  • Want to learn more about the COE Wiki and see if it would be something you would enjoy doing.

How to join the fun:

Server Link: Community Wiki Team

Join, post in new members with your role request.

Roles are as follows:

• Author: Adding & editing posts
  • Designer: Visual oriented, go through pages and spruce them up to help them read better. Adding more imagry. Later down the line this could be someone who likes to make graphs/charts/etc.
  • Visitor: Want to see what it's all about before committing? Be a visitor, have no obligations and keep the team in check.
  • Wiki Admin: Those who are already wiki admins, I require a reference/validation from another Wiki Admin who is already on the discord server to vouch for you. Yes, I already have a couple of them.
  • Discord Admin: If you already moderate other things, I will consider it. In charge of keeping people in line, etc but are also contributors.

We are going for a looser feel for the Wiki Team, instead having a strict "you must only work on x" approach - we are trying to collaborate and communicate. So, for example, you aren't doing much one evening and an update about Tribes comes out...you post the news on the "Breaking News" chat, people can respond there or ask if anyone will be immediately working on it. If no one responds, maybe you might feel inclined to work on the information yourself. After you're done, you can link the page in the "WIP" channel and ask for any input or corrections. FUN right? gah I'm such a nerd

Server & Wiki Rules

• Only use officially and publically released information from Soulbound Studio Staff. Any Discord comments must have a way to be sited (like #Soul Chamber text chat tags), forum posts can be considered official under circumstances.
  • Speaking of forum posts, information from Early Access or 10k Backer forums is under NDA and not permitted on the wiki. Until it's free and open to everyone, it shouldn't be on the wiki OR the Wiki Discord server.
  • General forms of etiquette apply, just be nice...gosh
  • Don't know if something should be added to the Wiki? ASK. There's a reason we are clearly marking who the admins are :-)

Full List of Rules for Discord Server & Wiki

Anyways, feel free to ask questions here or send me a message (Hellmoon#4053 is my Discord name)

5/19/2017 1:41:24 AM #1

Hey! Thanks for the Wiki!! When I found out about CoE 2 weeks ago I used the wiki a lot to help me stay somewhat organized on me research of Elyria. I did stumble upon some grammar and spelling errors. I was so excited about reading as much as I could I didn't really think anything of it. But now that I've read most things twice I'll keep an eye out for some errors!! Thanks again for all the wonderful information!

5/19/2017 10:54:54 AM #2

Posted By Salty_Joe at 9:41 PM - Thu May 18 2017

Hey! Thanks for the Wiki!! When I found out about CoE 2 weeks ago I used the wiki a lot to help me stay somewhat organized on me research of Elyria. I did stumble upon some grammar and spelling errors. I was so excited about reading as much as I could I didn't really think anything of it. But now that I've read most things twice I'll keep an eye out for some errors!! Thanks again for all the wonderful information!

Thank you for the kind words! Honestly this group is going to keep me more active, as I hadn't really been for months. Feel free to pop in and say hi to everyone who has been working hard on the wiki!

5/19/2017 5:47:41 PM #3

Yay! We already have people joining, keep it up guys!

5/19/2017 6:56:24 PM #4

I love the Wiki. It's usually the first place I look for up to date information on mechanics and such.

Shieldwall Strong!

5/19/2017 7:33:27 PM #5

Posted By CommonlyQuixotic at 5/19/2017 6:56:24 PM

I love the Wiki. It's usually the first place I look for up to date information on mechanics and such.

Same here! Makes me feel good to contribute to it since I use it so often :-P

5/19/2017 9:24:39 PM #6

I'll be sure to apply as an author as soon as CoE does not have an NDA anymore since I'm prone to not knowing which is approved and which isn't

Shroud to The Covenant of the Veil

5/21/2017 9:53:28 AM #7

It's always nice to have improved means of communications!!!

Duke of Lyrhia

5/21/2017 10:36:24 AM #8

Glad to have been apart of it!

I am one of the discord admins.

5/21/2017 2:01:51 PM #9

Any room for translators?

5/21/2017 2:06:19 PM #10

Posted By Eurickdm at 4:01 PM - Sun May 21 2017

Sure, there are a De, Es, Fr and De pages where people are working!

5/21/2017 2:34:50 PM #11

Posted By Daedhel at 11:06 AM - Sun May 21 2017

Yeah, i searched... but aparently there's no PT wiki... thanks anyway.

5/23/2017 9:19:42 PM #12

I've been updating the Lor Voskara kingdom page a bit. Which I will continue to do.

Happy to do so for other pages as well. I like as much information to be available as possible, in an easy to read and find format.

Will join the discord later after work.

5/23/2017 11:07:34 PM #13

Posted By Eurickdm at 07:34 AM - Sun May 21 2017

It'll be a lot of work, but translations into other languages are always appreciated!

5/23/2017 11:36:58 PM #14

Posted By Eurickdm at 4:34 PM - Sun May 21 2017

If you want to start a new language wiki, you should start by making a category like that one: NL Translation. Then, you can start doing new pages with the 'Pt' added in the title (just like that one).

When you have translated all the pages which are on the main wiki page, then we can ask to gamepedia admin to add the new language page and continue working on it and make it grow!

5/24/2017 12:49:17 AM #15

I've worked on wiki's before and even were an admin on a wiki for a previous MMO I played, so I must say it's tempting to join up. However, I tend to get addicted and burn myself out over it... x_x Then again it's going to be a nice side-project for when things go slow in-game and then it would be even nicer to get the foot inside the door earlier than late I feel. Ah, I'm so torn! sobs