COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
Let's Make Oceanus Great (Again)

Hail, Elyians!

As many of you are aware, the APAC server -- also known as the Oceania server, or 'Oceanus' -- has a population a fraction of the size of the other servers. After looking at the number of threads with the APAC tag for organizations and domains, and comparing those numbers with that of NA or EU, we agreed that the APAC server could do with a little love.

We want to ensure that the APAC server is well-rounded -- that it has a variety of kingdoms and leadership for people to choose from so that rather than deciding on a kingdom they like better, they can choose one that they like best; that the potential for more story-arcs would be generated when revolution, war, and vacuums of power do not sit squarely upon the whims of two kingdoms; that the chance of random encounters with another player as you go about your daily business can be exponentially higher than it is now.

With the current population of the server, however, the world feels rather... flat, and two-dimensional. Smaller, and scaled down, and not as massively-multiplayer a world as we would like.

It is with those thoughts weighing heavily upon our mind that we entered a series of lengthy discussions amongst ourselves to find a way to organically boost the population of the Oceanus server to something more desirable. We wanted to find a solution for the long-term, something that would sway people towards APAC in such a way that they want to make that server their home.

So, we followed our footsteps back to the beginning and revisited the same numbers that bade us consider the matter in the first place. We looked at the community, and thought about what appealed to the masses so much that the populations for the other servers were denser than that of Oceanus.

And, ultimately, isn't it choice? Isn't it finding someone's ideals who match your own and sticking around to help each other reach towards a shared goal? Isn't it finding a group of people who are willing to support your endeavors if you support theirs?

And choice, we found, ultimately boiled down to a choice between kingdoms.

The addition of another kingdom to the APAC server would allow players that level of choice they needed to settle upon the server, rather than take the higher ping associated with branching outside of their home region in order to align with a group that matched their ideals but weren't available on APAC.

With another kingdom comes a slew of leaders that would arise from the waters that had waned under the force of the other servers, hopefully inciting a torrential wave that could rival the various strengths of its brethren. With the wave comes the tide of people with shared goals and interests, and all together they could make Oceanus great (again).

So, it is with that in mind that we are opening up the ability for people to contact us regarding the purchasing of more monarchies on the Oceanus server. This is only relevant to the Monarch pledge, only on APAC and preferably for people from APAC, and only for people who have the interest and ability to pay for it.

If we were to open up the monarch pledge for one server, we'd have to open it up to all servers, and the others are not the server that we wish to populate. However, for a few individuals, it's something we can do.

The APAC community that is already in place is a tight knit and vibrant group, and I've had the pleasure of interacting with some of them in the past -- though not nearly as much as I'd like! They're a welcoming crowd, and I have no doubts they'd extend open arms to people interested in making Oceanus their home.

Pledged to the continued cultivation of camaraderie, as campaigner for the community and company,

Caeoltoiri

5/27/2017 3:44:38 AM #1

Whoo, go APAC!

5/27/2017 3:52:29 AM #2

Ever forward, for the Greater Good.

"The bird of Hermes is my name, eating my wings to make me tame..."

5/27/2017 3:53:20 AM #3

That is an excellent idea. Word on the street is that there is actually only 1 Kingdom left on APAC at the moment as the original Kickstarter King has reportedly sold his account to someone from NA. Which really means APAC only has 1 real choice currently. It would be excellent for them to get some additional flavor. Here is to hoping that someone can stand up a good Asian based community over there and start bringing in some of those folks!

"Pledged to the betterment of the Studio and CoE through realistic, open, honest communication about what players can and will do with the mechanics you give them."

Come follow me on Twitch for CoE News and general hangout stuff n things! https://www.twitch.tv/adamrhyne

5/27/2017 3:56:55 AM #4

Contrary to word on the street, the oldest groups in the game have now formed the largest Kingdom on APAC. Hail to the King, Emery Rêves.

5/27/2017 3:57:07 AM #5

Great news for APAC! If only I had good ping to oceanic.. :p

5/27/2017 4:18:12 AM #6

Posted By Adam Burrfoot at 04:53 AM - Sat, 27 May 2017

That is an excellent idea. Word on the street is that there is actually only 1 Kingdom left on APAC at the moment as the original Kickstarter King has reportedly sold his account to someone from NA. Which really means APAC only has 1 real choice currently. It would be excellent for them to get some additional flavor. Here is to hoping that someone can stand up a good Asian based community over there and start bringing in some of those folks!

Had one Kingdom, Adam.

Recent events should always be taken into account. ;)

AQBanner

5/27/2017 4:26:52 AM #7

I should rephrase, it had one pledged Kingdom. It always had atleast two Kingdoms. Sorry about that Emery. Hoping ya'll get a pledged Kingdom out of this as well, or atleast some more foot traffic to see what you guys are building and bring more interest to your community :-) .

"Pledged to the betterment of the Studio and CoE through realistic, open, honest communication about what players can and will do with the mechanics you give them."

Come follow me on Twitch for CoE News and general hangout stuff n things! https://www.twitch.tv/adamrhyne

5/27/2017 5:20:41 AM #8

Small, but we will punch above our weight.

Aussies and Kiwis are notorious for that :)

FWIW, I was KS Backer #21 and wanted nothing but the best for this game.

5/27/2017 5:27:28 AM #9

Big Ups to this! I have made many Australian friends gaming over the last couple of decades, some of the best folks I've known in gaming communities. It's a shame ping is such an issue, I'd have loved to meet many more in Elyria.

5/27/2017 6:10:01 AM #10

The biggest reason people seem to choose one server over another seems to be ping. They want to be as lag free as possible when it comes to a PvP survival style game.

Having more options for APAC sounds fantastic and I wish them all the best in their search for Royalty.

5/27/2017 7:01:51 AM #11

Posted By Adam Burrfoot at 12:26 PM - Sat May 27 2017

I should rephrase, it had one pledged Kingdom. It always had atleast two Kingdoms. Sorry about that Emery. Hoping ya'll get a pledged Kingdom out of this as well, or atleast some more foot traffic to see what you guys are building and bring more interest to your community :-) .

No. 22 in influence

5/27/2017 8:23:37 AM #12

This is great news, and congrats to Emery for that shiny new kingdom! hope this keeps our APAC community growing!

5/27/2017 8:34:28 AM #13

Excellent news :)

5/27/2017 9:32:01 AM #14

Ok we are talking about trying to get people on Oceania server but do we know officialy what are the numbers? Did you guys released Domain Selection? No. So why are we giving APAC another kingdom when everything is unknown. There is no Domain Selection, no Land Selection yet we are talking about numbers and how crowded the servers will be. This is just a guessing game. Please guys start doing everything in order because it feels like we are going backwards to the destination Released Game.

EU - Server >Friend Code: 72983B

5/27/2017 9:35:06 AM #15

Posted By Heartagram at 10:32 AM - Sat May 27 2017

Ok we are talking about trying to get people on Oceania server but do we know officialy what are the numbers? Did you guys released Domain Selection? No. So why are we giving APAC another kingdom when everything is unknown. There is no Domain Selection, no Land Selection yet we are talking about numbers and how crowded the servers will be. This is just a guessing game. Please guys start doing everything in order because it feels like we are going backwards to the destination Released Game.

Because there is only 1 pledged Kingdom.