COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
What will you do if you became a lich in chronicles of Elyria ?

I decided to make this a game last time i said what will you do if you became a vampire in Chronicles of Elyria. If i were a lich i would hide somewhere away from town but close at the same time so i could kill people to stay alive What would you do ? :)

6/16/2017 3:29:53 PM #46

Posted By Souzou at 5:36 PM - Wed Jun 14 2017

Try to drown myself.

But with the awesome Kevin Costner-like swimming skills you've demonstrated in the Q&A's won't that be difficult?

Count Iryano

12/5/2018 9:25:26 PM #47

1) If I where a lich I'd keep put my soul preferably into a phylactery that looks like an ordinary gemstone that's of the highest quality. I'd then seek out a good sword, preferably of the highest quality, obviously I'd want the sword to be legendary so hopefully it'd be a legendary sword that glows near vampires. I'd also want to put my phylactery into the sword.

2) I'd sell the sword with my phylactery in the hopes that it ends up into a hero's hands so that the hero can hunt me down.

3) I'd find an ordinary wooden box to say it's my phylactery so that everybody believes it's my phylactery.

4) I'd continue on to make a guild that offers individuals immortality but I get to keep their phylactery and they don't know what their phylactery is to, or I'd tell them that their phylacteries are one item while making it another item, haven't decided, as to prevent them from taking it and naturally I wouldn't want them to get their phylactery so that I can continue to have TOTAL control over them.

5) I'd proceed to offer my services up to my king as long the fact that my guild is a guild of liches was overlooked, I got a tax exception from all land that I own, any liches in service for me as well as I were able to do as we needed to live. so if we needed to kill to survive than we'd be able to kill what we needed for survival. And anytime the king wished to use my guild's services I'd get payed, but my guild members wouldn't get paid since they'd be selling themselves to me for lichdom.

6) I'd continue to kill all those that my king told me to kill all while also helping others in an attempt to keep neutral karma as best I can.

7) I would kill all liches, vampires, and dhampyr that aren't in service of me, but if they swore loyalty to me and never betrayed me I'd allow them to live but I'd kill them as soon as they betrayed me.

8) I'd continue to forward the story until I was killed out of nowhere because the legendary sword was destroyed for some weird reason bringing it all to an end.

(My friend code is 5D39A6)

12/7/2018 3:15:54 PM #48

I'd setup a difervent discord persona and get in touch with a King whose kingdom I like the look of. The King, or his closest advisor, would be informed of who I was and shown proof by acting out. For example, I would offer to raid an enemy settlement who will publicly confirm a player vampire exists.

Now the King will be blackmailed into allowing me to rule his kingdom otherwise his cspital and the strongest Duchy's will be reduced to rubble. Publicly the King is still the King. Privately, the King is only a puppet.

For safety, I wouldn't reveal who or where I was for if they ever find a cure or curse to stop me. Though I will always be nearby for if the King trys to cut the strings.

12/7/2018 3:23:59 PM #49

not that I would, but why do you all think a lich has to be evil and their own lord? why not swear allegiance to your king or some other...ambitious ruler. and have them supply you with meat.

carnead Die Entdecker und Verteidiger Avagasts suchen DICH! Egal welcher Berufsstand in unserer Stadt ist für jeden platz! [Geselle dich zu uns!] https://discord.gg/Sc6TyGR

12/7/2018 4:05:45 PM #50

Posted By Galliad at 7:23 PM - Fri Dec 07 2018

not that I would, but why do you all think a lich has to be evil and their own lord? why not swear allegiance to your king or some other...ambitious ruler. and have them supply you with meat.

From what I recall, it was heavily implied that there will be mechanics in place to make liches a liability to those around them regardless.

That being said, I would kamikaze into an enemy kingdom, try to dig in, and create havoc there.

12/7/2018 4:41:03 PM #51

Protect Ashland and unleash hell upon its enemies ;)

12/7/2018 7:08:11 PM #52

I'd probably sail down south and help our monarchs win the war against Janoa.

12/7/2018 11:28:06 PM #53

I would still play my humble guard. Although now those that threaten mine would become my food instead of my bounty.

When I am lost, I know I have traveled the farthest. Sayeth the guy jeff. 49F48A =FC

12/12/2018 10:46:01 AM #54

Kill a god.

12/12/2018 1:40:50 PM #55

Those intending to play a quiet or secretive lich underestimate the power you have as a lich and the difficulty of hiding the nature of your character.

If I was a lich I would attempt to conquer all of Elyria like others have said. I would build a castle of sorts in a location that is easily defensible located in an area players would not want to venture in regularly. I would attract malicious players to me and build a city for them around my castle starting my nefarious empire and massing an army. I would strategically attack the kingdoms of Elyria attempting to corrupt the characters in search of a formidable foe to fell me. Before I fall, Elyria would see death, destruction, and terror like never before.

Serious liches would quit their jobs and spend as much time in game as they could to become a legend of Elyria.

12/13/2018 7:10:04 AM #56

1: Bury my phylactery in a post-landslide rock pile, encased in a stone shell that looks exactly like pretty much every other average-size rock in the stack.

2: Create a tunnel under said phylactery for ease of reincarnation.

3: Go to random villages throughout the world and sweep leaves from the roads.

To touch Divinity, one must be prepared to brave Reality.

12/13/2018 3:32:26 PM #57

Story telling voice

I would be so infamous they would tell little children stories of me so they would behave. " The 'Grim Lich' will come for you, you little bastard, now clean up your mess." They would scold.

But now lets be honest the 'Grim Lich' does not want an army of children serving him. It is said he only stalks great adventures and warriors who always seem to have had an untimely demise. Their souls ushered back too the Grim Castle having been enticed by an afterlife of grandeur and lavishness. Only to arrive and to find truth. They have agreed to an afterlife of servitude!

So behave! (But in truth it does not matter) "Bring me my crown!" Yells Hil.. I mean the 'Grim Lich'

Regular voice

But really I just want to earn a modest living and explore the world.