COMMUNITY - FORUMS - SOULBORN ENGINE
Interacting/Wedding with NPCs

Not sure if I may have overlooked a forum post talking about this or not, but will there be the ability to interact with NPCs, through a text-box kind of dialogue (choices to pick what to say), and would there be relationship meters for these NPCs that you've socialized with?

If so: As two players may communicate with themselves, to form in-game relationships and possibly wed their families together, will a singular player be able to form relationships with highborn NPCs and eventually wed them? Would you need to be of a high standing (wealth, power, fame) to even communicate with these other highborn NPCs, or would you only really just be able to mingle with families that have the same status as yourself?

Also, will NPCs form marriages among themselves if there isn't a suitable player with high 'value' or influence to wed around them?

9/17/2017 11:30:06 AM #1

I hope so :)

But I'm afraid it will be just a boring contract and a cut scene. :(

9/17/2017 1:12:59 PM #2

We will definitely be able to interact with NPC's. We don't know exactly what that will look like. We do know that they will be involved in the gossip system, and will be able to present contracts, including marriage contracts, to players. This will involve some amount of wooing on the part of the player, but we don't know how that will work yet. Your reputation may play a part. NPC's will have needs and desires of their own, so those who want to, which will likely be most of them, will marry and have kids with each other if they don't marry a player.

Shieldwall Strong!

11/15/2017 12:40:15 AM #3

I really hope NPC will be smart and willing to interact

✮✮✮✮✮✮✮✮✮✮✮ Too Blessed To Be Stressed ✮✮✮✮✮✮✮✮✮✮

3/13/2018 1:23:04 AM #4

Wonder if it would be similar to the game the guild. Where you would need to formally court some one and have regular positive interaction. Until you can propose marriage.

3/13/2018 1:26:32 AM #5

100% will have to earn a NPCs heart in some way. Otherwise players could just easily walk off with lands/titles/possesions etc.

3/13/2018 1:43:29 AM #6

Just realized this post was from 2017... well.

3/22/2018 9:47:59 PM #7

I would say everyone has a meter how much people like you. Giving them chocolates (think from the store event) and they like you more and more, then when you have some one with high enough you can give them a ring and ask them and they might pick yes. so gifts = key to marriage

3/23/2018 6:05:58 AM #8

Posted By Xonth at 2:47 PM - Thu Mar 22 2018

I would say everyone has a meter how much people like you. Giving them chocolates (think from the store event) and they like you more and more, then when you have some one with high enough you can give them a ring and ask them and they might pick yes. so gifts = key to marriage

Possibly, but it depends on other things as well. The NPC's tribe compared to your character's tribe will have something to do with it, as well as what the NPC's attitude toward their own tribe is.

3/23/2018 7:04:45 PM #9

Maybe they will use the same system they already have in place for inheritance to determine if an NPC will Wed. For example "While it's possible to inherit land from yourself or from others, when the game first launches you'll likely be children of NPC families. In this case, you won’t inherit the land of your NPC parents unless you reach a certain amount of Favor with them."

3/23/2018 7:47:40 PM #10

You can necromance if you want to, you can bring your friends to life. But your friends aren't dead, and if they're not dead, then they're no friends of mine.

KS Backer 750 Friend Code: 8FF2A7