COMMUNITY - FORUMS - OCEANUS GENERAL
Ping test from ASIA to OCE to CoE?

Hi Everyone,

Thank you for reading this post and a reply in advance,

I would like to know if there is anyone here that played or tested the game located in Asia? (Specifically or sort of like Singapore,Malaysia,Philippines,Japan)

Because, I would like to know the average ping you have from this server to CoE so I can decide if I can be able to try NA-E or OCE.

I've just recently check this one cloudping.info and I've got around 300ms in Sydney.

Any reply is much appreciated.

Edit: I've also tried this one and I've got a 180 ms from Sydney to Philippines

wondernetwork(.)com/pings

Thank you and Regards, Ian

3/12/2018 9:29:19 AM #1

Hi Ian,

There game isn't out to test. But SBS has said that Lag would most likely play a big part in playing the game.

I recommend to go for a server with the fastest ping.. Of course you don't need to pick a server at this moment unless you really want a specific community.

My advice is to actually test out what server works best for you in the alpha/betas.

Happy to answer any more questions in Discord as there's an APAC one. (Link here: https://discord.gg/012JHuBASVs1H2N8A )

Of course as always with the shameless plug, my Kingdom's discord; https://discord.gg/XHP2hyv

Friend code: B29DD8

3/12/2018 2:24:24 PM #2

Howdy Ian PH,

Going off of what Omicronus said, Soulbound Studios (the makers of Chronicles of Elyria) have considered using Google cloud servers or Amazon servers to host their game servers. You can test your ping here for Google's servers and here for Amazon's servers.

Additionally, depending on what you want to do in game, server ping can greatly make a difference. For example, if you go into PVP, than as Omicronus said, the server with the best ping would be your best pick. Should you be a crafter or some kind of farmer though, you would have many more options server wise, as having the best ping would not be needed necessarily.

I wish you well in your time here in the community. I have been here actively since 2015, so if you have any additional questions about the game or in general, feel free to directly message me on the CoE Discord at Lech. 🦁#0888, here on the forums or even on this post. Furthermore, I am sure the Moderators and the newcomer questions channel can help you out real quick. Godspeed.

-MX

Alt text - can be left blank

3/15/2018 11:05:07 PM #3

I've actually been a bit encourage by some tests I've done from Detroit/Chicago to Sydney with results turning out in the 200-250ms range. The lovely thing about MMOs is a lot of the gameplay not being too harshly impacted in the 200-300ms range.

3/17/2018 10:29:58 AM #4

Posted By Lech at 12:54 AM - Tue Mar 13 2018

Howdy Ian PH,

Going off of what Omicronus said, Soulbound Studios (the makers of Chronicles of Elyria) have considered using Google cloud servers or Amazon servers to host their game servers. You can test your ping [here] -MX

would be great if that was true being in Australia usually makes MMO's not as fun with a large amount of latency.

Gday from straya!!

well Adelaide actually...

3/17/2018 10:41:06 AM #5

"Shameless plugging" shouldn't be a punchline. And plugging should be done after he's asked.

I've heard rumours the APAC server will be in Australia Sydney. There are probably ways to test your connection through Google my man, give it a try. You should definitely go for the lowest possible and ping so that you're able to give the game it's due credit when it is released.

3/17/2018 10:49:26 AM #6

I'm in Australia and getting ping of 68 to Sydney, (although I am 1000km west), so think I'll be good. Hoping for as many international people on the APAC server as possible, an international community for me is one of the enjoyable aspect to this type of game.

Getting to high 270 for west coast USA, so I'll be sticking to just one server and hoping for the best!

Grizzly "The Ogre" Beralindwurm

From the Brudvir Den of Vargviken - E3FA4E

3/17/2018 11:46:47 AM #7

Going off previous experiences with MMO's, the Oceanic servers are always the first to die. I'd rather settle down in a server where I wont have to worry about the longevity of its playerbase.

3/17/2018 1:04:58 PM #8

Posted By Johan Housel at 10:05 AM - Fri Mar 16 2018

The lovely thing about MMOs is a lot of the gameplay not being too harshly impacted in the 200-300ms range.

That's true; there's stuff you can do in any MMO that's not too badly done by, even with a high ping. Combat, however, is not one of those things and with the kind of world CoE is, combat is part of the game, whether one wants to engage in it or not. For that reason, I'm giving myself every opportunity, as an Aussie, by being on an Aussie server.

FWIW, I was KS Backer #21 and wanted nothing but the best for this game.

3/17/2018 1:25:58 PM #9

I would advise focusing almost entirely on packet loss concerns than actual normal latency. It's the stalls, drops, hiccups etc, that're the killers. No human is effectively capitalizing on 1% of a second.

3/18/2018 1:20:44 AM #10

Posted By Johan Housel at 12:25 AM - Sun Mar 18 2018

I would advise focusing almost entirely on packet loss concerns than actual normal latency. It's the stalls, drops, hiccups etc, that're the killers. No human is effectively capitalizing on 1% of a second.

Even in that scenario, the further you are from a server will exacerbate any issues. Which is why it's common sense, in any game, to be as close to your chosen server as possible.

FWIW, I was KS Backer #21 and wanted nothing but the best for this game.

3/18/2018 7:44:22 AM #11

Fun fact a new cable is being built between perth and Singapore to improve latency as well as reliability.

https://australiasingaporecable.com

(Old line keeps breaking causing ping to spike from 120-180 to 400+)

5/10/2019 12:50:13 PM #12

So needing to choose a server here and not to happy about any of them. Not the companies fault just here in the Philippians and the best connections are to hong kong to tokyo which there isnt an option server wise for the game. My concern is about the ausi servers dieing like they always do early on. If the servers close will be allowed to be moved to another server with our goodies.

5/10/2019 3:06:22 PM #13

Posted By Kuvu at 10:50 PM - Fri May 10 2019

If the servers close will be allowed to be moved to another server with our goodies.

From what we know, SBS won't be doing any kind of server transfers. Would be basically impossible to do anyway. Unless they only move your soul over. But really playing on an NA server with the time difference. Going to feel just as dead.