COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
Official Contest: Tribemoji in CoE Discord!

Good day, Elyrians!

The Trials of Karcion are a series of community contests - for the community, by the community!

However, this next contest is a little different in that it is officially supported and backed by Soulbound Studios!

Today, March 19th, marks the fifth round of the Trials of Karcion!

Important Submission-related Dates!

Contests Open: March 19th
Window for entries: March 19th to April 9th
Submissions are CLOSED starting April 10th
**COMMUNITY VOTING period:
April 14th - April 25th
Winners Announced: April 30th

Entry Totals (updated as we receive submissions):

Last updated: March 29th

Neran: 9
Hrothi: 11
Kypiq: 12
Brudvir: 11
Janoa: 11
To’resk: 9
Dras: 13
The Waerd: 11

Total: 87

Do you feel like there’s never quite the exact emoji on the Chronicles of Elyria Discord that adequately reflects how “Neran” you feel? Perhaps your goth soul is yearning to be set free with the perfect Dras depiction. Or maybe you are the type of person who really needs a Janoa reaction when someone mentions how great stripes are. Well, here’s your chance!

This month, the ToK and Soulbound Studios have teamed up to bring this contest to life and ask artists to submit tribe-themed emoji to make the Official Discord server more Elyrian. Don’t be afraid to think creatively on tribe representations because there are multiple ways of getting YOUR OWN creations turned into emoji! Show off your creativity! Depicting tribes does not mean you have to draw people! Symbols, objects, and other representations of release-tribes are also acceptable as long as they clearly represent the tribe they’re for! Additionally, this contest is not only restricted to artists but those good with Photoshop too!

This is your chance to immortalize your art on the Chronicles of Elyria Discord! Submit one to eight emoji creations (ONE emoji per release-tribe) for a chance to create an entire Tribe set for the Chronicles of Elyria Official Discord, as well as some fabulous prizes from both Soulbound Studios and the ToK!

When entering, be aware that two weeks of prep time will be given to the winning artist to complete the full set of eight matching tribe emoji. Soulbound expects the final complete set to be live by May 25th. The 250 IP in the prizes below, will be awarded after the eight emoji are received.

Grand Prize includes:

Immortalization of eight artist-created emoji for all release tribes on the COE Discord server.
250 IP + $25 in store credit
Personalized badge from the ToK, depicting your win!
Your CHOICE of one of the following games: Life is Strange (Ep. 1-5), Subnautica, OR Pillars of Eternity
Our eternal gratitude!

First Place

The next most-voted for emoji for each tribe (not including emoji from the Grand Prize winner) will also be added to to the Chronicles of Elyria Discord. This category allows both animated and static emoji! (see “How to Enter” for more information). First Place is limited to one selected emoji per tribe.

The ground rules are simple, but are without exceptions:

• Anyone who wishes to participate in the Trials must be a registered member on the Chronicles of Elyria forums for at least two months prior to the announcement of that round of Trials - in this case, January 2018.
  • No NSFW or NDA-protected or otherwise exclusive information can be used in any Trial
  • An entry may only win one prize per series unless otherwise stated.
  • Entries must follow the guidelines for User Content Creation and COE Brand Guidelines
  • No entry may violate either the Chronicles of Elyria Code of Conduct or Terms of Use
  • When submitting your entry, follow the short entry guide (link at bottom of the post), not submitting through the provided form disqualifies your entry from being counted.
  • There are no late entries, if your submission is not received before the acceptance period ends, your submission will not be considered.

How to Enter & Submission Form

Submission Rules

Originality: Submissions should be original works by the entrant, photoshopped emoji are acceptable!

One submission per tribe, per person (one artist may submit up to eight entries as long as each entry is unique to one of the eight release tribes), submitting multiple emoji in one URL will disqualify the entire entry.

‘Release tribes’ emoji that artists may represent: Neran, Brudvir, Hrothi, Kypiq, Janoa, Dras, The Waerd, and To’resk.

Post-release tribes that are NOT permitted are: Mydarri, Owem, Erishé, and Yoru

File Dimension & Size Limit: MAX limit of 512 x 512 pixels (px), 128 x 128 px is encouraged! Discord automatically resizes images down to a size of 32 x 32 px. File size must be 256kb or less.
File Type Restriction: PNG is required if you intend to enter for the Grand Prize. The First place submissions can be either PNG or GIF , but GIFs will not be considered for the grand prize.

Submission Form

Please send a new submission for for each entry: Submission Form

In order to submit the image, please provide a URL to the hosted image on one of the various image-hosting websites. Make sure you double check that the link works before hitting the submit button as we aren’t going to contact you to fix it.

If you run into any problems accessing or navigating the form, contact Caelestius or Hellmoon for assistance!

How Voting Works

Once the submission window closes, there will be a brief buffer period where all entries will be collected, anonymized, and recorded into a voting thread. Once ready, the thread will go up on the forums!

The community are the judges. Each entry will have its own ‘reply’ on the thread and anyone may upvote any of the pieces/art-styles that they would like to see on the Discord server as representations of each of the 8 release tribes. We aren’t counting downvotes, and any downvotes on entries will be removed when votes are tallied up; therefore, the numbers on the entries won’t represent the final numbers.

Voting Thread

• Entries will be anonymous and in order by tribe, so for example: all Neran submissions, then all Kypiq, etc.

• All entries will be resized to emoji size standards (32 x 32 px).

• Each individual emoji should be judged on its own merits, and not based on any other outside factors. Winning emoji may or may not be the final emoji added depending on final approval from Soulbound Studios.

What happens if you win the Grand Prize

The voting period will last two weeks, and once winners have been announced, the Grand Prize winner will be contacted through COE Forums messaging and the email that you provided when submitting the entry and have 7 days to respond.

When you enter this contest, be reminded that if you win, you will only have 2 weeks (14 days) to complete the set of matched emoji to be added to our official Discord. If you feel that isn’t enough time, you may want to reconsider entering.

Emoji Tags

Every emoji on Discord has a unique tag in order to be used in chat. Every one of the grand prize & first place emoji will start with the tribe name and then include up to five characters representing the artist who created them. So for example, if Caelestius submitted a Dras emoji and won the first place prize, and decides that he would like to use “Cael” in the tag. The entire tag would then be ‘:Dras-Cael:’ . Please keep in mind that the tags must be approved before accepted and have to follow all Chronicles of Elyria Discord and Terms of Use Rules.

Disclaimer: As official owners of the Chronicles of Elyria Official Discord, Soulbound Studios reserves the right to add, replace or discontinue use of particular emoji at any point after the contest

Good luck to all of our contestants and let the Trials begin!

3/20/2018 1:09:02 AM #1

So excited to see the incredible creations our awesome community comes up with!

Get your creative hats on people, let's make some Tribemoji!

"Stupid questions make more sense than stupid mistakes."

3/20/2018 1:18:42 AM #2

I'm quite curious to see what people think up with such little space in an emoji. I've been amazed before what some can do with 12x12 pixels in things like Teamspeak icons. :P

3/20/2018 1:58:20 AM #3

Cool :)

3/20/2018 1:58:26 AM #4

Pretty cool contest! Looking forward to seeing the entries!

3/20/2018 2:25:09 AM #5

Ohohoho! I am all over this one.

3/20/2018 3:10:29 AM #6

Posted By Bombastus at 10:25 PM - Mon Mar 19 2018

Ohohoho! I am all over this one.

YAY! Can't wait Bomb! :)

3/20/2018 3:23:45 AM #7

Amazing idea (: I'm going to try

3/20/2018 5:09:17 AM #8

Interesting, now If I only could find some time to draw.. or even get a single good nights sleep or even a few calm moments a day..

3/20/2018 2:48:32 PM #9

Why the "Anyone who wishes to participate in the Trials must be a registered member on the Chronicles of Elyria forums for at least two months prior to the announcement of that round of Trials - in this case, January 2018." rule?

My brother is interested in the contest, but he's never been active on the forums (and thus has never made an account).

3/20/2018 6:41:18 PM #10

Posted By Panthea at 10:48 AM - Tue Mar 20 2018

Why the "Anyone who wishes to participate in the Trials must be a registered member on the Chronicles of Elyria forums for at least two months prior to the announcement of that round of Trials - in this case, January 2018." rule?

My brother is interested in the contest, but he's never been active on the forums (and thus has never made an account).

We made this rule to support and engage COE community members. If we didn't have the rule, aka a " barrier to entry", then anyone on the internet could participate and that wasn't the goal of the contest. I will also add that I highly suggest that your brother make an account if he's interested on COE, even if he's not interested in forum participation, as it's the best way to indicate this to SbS, the more accounts, the more supporters they know they have.

Additionally, the rule prevents fraudulent entries where people enter on newly created accounts with multiple entries to have a higher chances of winning.

I hope that addresses your concerns!

3/20/2018 7:23:31 PM #11

Posted By Panthea at 07:48 AM - Tue Mar 20 2018

You could submit the art on your account if your friend is okay with that. We want to see the artists creations on this game!

Good luck everyone!

When I am lost, I know I have traveled the farthest. Sayeth the guy jeff. 49F48A =FC

3/20/2018 11:33:36 PM #12

Updates are in!

Fifteen Total Entries so far! :-)

3/23/2018 1:01:19 AM #13

Entries have been updated, keep em coming!

3/24/2018 9:53:29 PM #14

Submitted my entries. :)

3/26/2018 5:55:58 PM #15

Posted By niebeast at 5:53 PM - Sat Mar 24 2018

Submitted my entries. :)

Woot!!!

Update note: added some more information in how voting will work with entries.