COMMUNITY - FORUMS - NEWS & ANNOUNCEMENTS
Kickstarterversary: This Ship is Sailing!

Hail Elyrians!

We're at the home stretch of our 2nd Kicktstarterversary! The final week is upon us so now is the time for you to decide how many milestones you will achieve together. Will the Mydarri appear at launch? Will you get a Mydarri write-up? (250k unpublished milestone). Only time will tell as we barrel towards the end of this event. Monitor the store tracker to see what bonus rewards have already been unlocked!

Milestones Achieved So Far:

• Kypiq Party Pack
  • Purebread Horse
  • Pack Bonuses
  • Special Title
  • Otter Bear Cub (remains after event ends)
  • Otter Bear Mount (remains after event ends)
  • Mystery Box

Together as a community you have unlocked 7 of the milestones so far, what rewards will be won when the event is over? Are there holdovers who were waiting until the last week to make their purchases? We'll find out over the next few days!

Last week you achieved the Otterbear mount and seafaring options for war, click here to see what was added.

So with that I wish you good fortune on your quest; may your barrels be full of rum, and the wind be ever in your sails.

You're Gonna Need a Bigger Boat!

It wouldn't be a good Kickstarterversary if there weren't a few surprises. Speeding into port for sale until the end of May is this new beauty:

Coastal Cutter

A fast and light ship capable of carrying cargo, troops, or both!

(This image helps show the scale of the boat in comparison to a Neran-height figure)

To understand the volume of cargo this ship can hold, here's a below deck shot:

More angles of the Coastal Cutter:

The cutter isn't built for war or deep water, but its incredible agility in comparison to other ships often makes it the perfect choice for coastal patrols looking to discourage raiders. At the same time, its mast placement and sails can push the cutter to speeds that are hard to maintain for other ships, making it a popular choice among coastal traders looking for a ship that can outrun threats and outpace the competition.

A Fleet of Options

With our Kickstarterversary in its final week, there are quite a few items both new and old for you to choose from.

To assist the community in keeping track of the Community Rewards backers can earn throughout the month, we added this milestone progress bar.

To view details of which awards are given out after the end of the event versus those available in the store, please review the FAQ here.

Final Few Days!

This special promotional event continues for only 4 more days! and after that, all of the special items that were added to the store will be gone or return to the vault.

The promotions going back are:

• Carriage for Two
  • The Love Boat
  • Buy the Farm
  • Otterbarge
  • Cottage for Two
  • War-on-a Boat

A la carte items returning to the vault:

• 2250 EP Items
  • 3000 EP Items
  • Foxcelot Pet
  • Song Birds
  • Colony Starter Kit
  • Rowboat
  • River Barge
  • Coastal Raider
  • Coastal Cutter

Note: Pet Otterbear Cub and Otterbear Mount will remain since you unlocked them.

Don't be a scallywag, get to the store and snatch up some of these lovelies for yourself, before the hourglass runs out!

On behalf of the whole team at Soulbound Studios, thank you for your continued support!

.#keepusindie

As always, more to come...

"Stupid questions make more sense than stupid mistakes."

5/28/2018 5:08:43 PM #1

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwyis

5/28/2018 5:08:59 PM #2

neat

When you compare yourself to failures you become one yourself.
5/28/2018 5:09:43 PM #3

Love it!

Brash

5/28/2018 5:10:37 PM #4

A very nice looking boat.

Alt text - can be left blank

5/28/2018 5:13:22 PM #5

Looks great :)

5/28/2018 5:13:35 PM #6

A SHIP!? A SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIP!?

Hellz yea.

5/28/2018 5:20:19 PM #7

Nice to see our ships come in...to the store.

5/28/2018 5:23:22 PM #8

Though.. how does one see over the bow?

5/28/2018 5:24:38 PM #9

I already have two otterbarges, why do I need this and more important: Where do I keep all that stuff?

5/28/2018 5:25:15 PM #10

Looks like the perfect boat to bring back captives... I want one 🤓

Posted By Ilyria at 7:24 PM - Mon May 28 2018

I already have two otterbarges, why do I need this and more important: Where do I keep all that stuff?

You can keep your otterbarges inside this one 😜

Why is there no cool package of goodies for this one ?

5/28/2018 5:26:15 PM #11

nicuuu!

5/28/2018 5:26:33 PM #12

Exxxx-sail-lent!!

Imgur

5/28/2018 5:49:30 PM #13

I really want to buy it, but without a safe place to store it, I let it go.

5/28/2018 6:30:15 PM #14

Ya'll can store it at my port

5/28/2018 7:12:59 PM #15

We're at the home stretch of our 2nd Kicktstarterversary! The final week is upon us so now is the time for you to decide how many milestones you will achieve together. Will the Mydarri appear at launch? Will you get a Mydarri write-up? (250k unpublished milestone). Only time will tell as we barrel towards the end of this event.

I can tell you right now we won't be hitting $500k for Mydarri at launch. We might reach Upgraded Housing at $250k. I would be extremely surprised if we get to Old Souls at $350k.

I can tell you that because you're still pushing boats. I think that you all as a company need to reflect on whether trying to push out information should really be done in an event designed to get funding for your company, or if there might be a better way to do that. Like say... a DJ.

A lot of people that would be spending money on this event aren't because they either aren't interested in boats or don't even know that they would be able to use a boat if they bought one. Not everyone will have access to a river, even if there are plenty of rivers (as you all seem to be strongly implying), and I would say certainly most won't have access to the coast.

So I would recommend diversifying your promotions in the future to optimize the funding that you bring in, given how that is the inherent purpose behind these events. It's fine to have boats... just have some land stuff too, and maybe some non-specific location stuff. Just don't put all your eggs in one basket, y'know?

I'm not saying this to criticize... I want you guys to succeed and funding is pretty critical to your success.