COMMUNITY - FORUMS - THE TAVERN
Awe Hail! SCAdians in CoE

The more I think about CoE and how it is developing the more it reminds me of the real world historical reenactment group I have been a part of for over a decade now. I would love to connect to some of my SCAdian friends in CoE and potentially meet new CoE friends at SCA events in the future.

I wanted to create a post where we can give some input on ourselves. Show off our SCA devices (cause I know many of you are loving the heraldry being created in this game) and generally get to know one another.

SCA members would be an excellent source of information for SBS as this game develops more as they have a wealth of information about all things medieval.

So if you are a SCAdian who would like to connect with other CoE players feel free to post a reply to this topic telling us who you are in the SCA and who you will be in CoE.

6/16/2018 8:02:22 PM #1

Alt text - can be left blank

SCA Name: Lady Gorawyn verch Diamwnt

Households: Marshin Fayne (House Storm, House Ishee, Barra Export Co.)
Shadow Legion Sable Hand Al Mahala

Kingdom: Meridies

Barony: Osprey

Background Info:

I started in the SCA about 13 years ago. I am not currently active due to real life taking a toll but I have many friends whom I still talk to regularly that are in the SCA.

I became a member of Shadow Legion at a Shadow Con after asking Papa Kain, "Is joining Legion like the joining the dark side? Do you have cookies?" I thought I was being clever. Apparently so did he. I love my Legion house brothers and sisters as they accepted me without question.

My first big party in the SCA was the 7 Deadly Sins party put on at Gulf Wars. It wasn't long till Bellringer and Louis scooped me up to be a part of Fayne. It has been the house of my heart for a long time. I have served as Clan Chieftan of Barra Export Co. within Fayne and am still a War Valkyrie for House Storm.

Sablehand is where my favorite brothers and sisters live. For a long time these folks were there for me when no one else was.

Al Mahala is a house that allowed me to explore my creativity. Teaching classes and spreading knowledge gained to new folks. I loved it.

Alt text - can be left blank

CoE Name: Countess Gorawyn Ashla

Kingdom: Alesia

Duchy: Vitalis

County: Two Moons

City: Seren

Family: Astris

Background: My husband and I won counties in the FK event. We had two counties on layaway at the time but when we won with free counties paid for by our friends and supporters we were honored and strive to create a great playing environment for them.

Goals: Create an RP county focused on the Bardic Arts. Have a traveling alt that writes in game books based on her interactions with folks in CoE.

We also host an every other week stream called Tavern Talk with Jax and Gora dedicated to CoE content.

6/17/2018 2:05:42 AM #2

I've literally heard CoE described as "a kind of SCA online" :) That's not a bad thing.

Ketill Geirason, Outlands

ISttD

Tour guide to elsewhere; I like to play games @Ombwah

6/17/2018 2:26:37 AM #3

"Is joining Legion like the joining the dark side? Do you have cookies?"

That's adorable. I've never heard of SCA before but I'll have to look it up. This reminds me of a friend I had describing physical kingdoms stretching across the Southwest USA and such she was part of. Quite neat.

6/17/2018 2:26:53 AM #4

Glad to meet you Ketill Geirason!

6/17/2018 2:29:31 AM #5

Posted By Polite at 9:26 PM - Sat Jun 16 2018

"Is joining Legion like the joining the dark side? Do you have cookies?"

That's adorable.

I will have you know I am dark and mysterious. :P

6/17/2018 5:09:51 AM #6

Anyone who doesn't know something about SCA should definitely look it up. I've never been a member because of insufficient enthusiasm to surmount RL obstacles, but I've always admired those who participated.

6/17/2018 1:13:07 PM #7

It is a bit daunting but so worth it. Lifetime friends have been made!

8/3/2018 6:31:34 PM #8

Giving this a bump cause its been awhile and I am hoping more SCAdians respond. :)

10/25/2018 4:29:04 PM #9

I wish this thread had taken off a bit more, but guess there aren't nearly as many scadians playing as I thought there would be. This game is just so much like the RL SCA. Perhaps I will just advertise it more in my SCA friends circles the closer we get to launch and hope many more of them will get as excited about it as I have. :P

10/30/2018 2:35:13 AM #10

I was in SCA many many years ago in college. Incredible fun. I miss it, Nothing like beating each other up with wicker sticks.

Anyone interested should look up a local group.

10/14/2019 3:10:20 AM #11

Posted By Ombwah at 7:05 PM - Sat Jun 16 2018

I've literally heard CoE described as "a kind of SCA online" :) That's not a bad thing.

Ketill Geirason, Outlands

ISttD

I've missed you from Revival. Welcome Ombwah!

Count of Sigil's Light, oathed to Duke Damius Kymerion and the Duchy of Thorne

10/14/2019 3:35:51 AM #12

I've dabbled in the SCA, haven't fully gotten into it yet due to RL stuff. Hopefully someday.

Started in the Stronghold of Hellsgate

Zaldara Blackstan, Count of Stíelanheorte Mayor of Blaecstanbury