COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
Tribal Armor Concept: Dras Medium Armor

Hail Elyrians!

We didn't want anyone to think that we'd forget shiny day this week, but we figured that, with the announcement about map voting yesterday, we'd hold off on the shiny until today.

Last week we sneaked in an extra shiny as we showed off some of the Waerd Armor Concepts, but that leaves the poor Dras in a lurch as we've only shared our concept sculpt of their light armor. So we thought we'd share their medium armor concept for the shiny, today.

Many of the concepts sculpts our artists have undertaken explore materials, which is actually a pretty big issue with the Dras: Dras jet isn't like jet in the real world. It has different physical properties than jet lignite, making it visually seem more like obsidian, but it has a high compressive strength that makes it more useful as a material than either real jet or real obsidian. Exploring what that might look like was one of the goals of this concept sculpt, which explores both what Dras jet might look like when incorporated into armor and how the embellishment system could be used to reinforce lighter armor.

I hope you like it! :)

• Snipehunter
10/20/2018 4:47:37 AM #16

looking forward to wearing it

10/20/2018 8:12:00 AM #17

Suits them well. Loving the variation and prospect of broadened utility for materials!

10/20/2018 9:19:33 AM #18

This really is shiny! Love it!

10/20/2018 11:18:55 AM #19

At first I thought it was too similar to the light armor shown earlier but I guess it's not actually a bad thing. They both are nice sets of armor :)

I can already imagine how a heavy set looks like if it's made with similar fashion but with big iron as the material.

10/20/2018 2:23:13 PM #20

I actually like that there are thematic similarities between the light and medium armors. Especially in the helmet. As well as the overall silhouette.

And I see that the Dras and The Waerd sets both have this.

In The Waerd it is use of the body sash to tie it all together.

So now extrapolating on that idea, will these things also be present within each tribe?

For example, should we be looking for some design elements that will connect the Hrothi light and mediums next?

Will we see other tribes, like the Kypiqs, also employing multiples use of their signature materials?

And are we then looking at specific "treatments" perhaps, to produce differing rigidities, tensile strengths, and shear force capabilities of these particular signature materials?

And finally, what are the specific tribal materials?

For the Dras, we know it is Jet.

The Kypiq, it is plant based. Ironwood?

The Waerd, it appears to be whatever the fabric is that is used in that body wrap.

For the Neran, is it iron/steel?

Any guesses to the others?

We Are The Many... We Are The One... We Are THE WAERD !!!

10/22/2018 8:30:05 PM #21

The armor graphics are cool, but more tantalizing is the reveal about Elyrian Jet.

10/22/2018 8:53:11 PM #22

looks nice and neat

When I am lost, I know I have traveled the farthest. Sayeth the guy jeff. 49F48A =FC

10/22/2018 10:52:09 PM #23

That looks very cool, it makes me want to play Dras. Now i'm going to be changing my plan for what i'm doing when the beta releases for the 5th time.

This game is going to be awesome.

When nothing remains. Everything is equally possible.