COMMUNITY - FORUMS - NEW PLAYER QUESTIONS
Weekend warrior Worth???

I have a ??? To devs or anyone in beta ect... Not sure how to word it...but how much value will the people that can't live on video games get out of a title like c.o.e

10/22/2018 2:55:03 PM #1

From what I have seen, so long as you're not playing gentry, a great deal.

You could play your character exclusively on weekends, and have your character do a day to day job during the week, resulting in you having a good deal of resources every time you log in.

10/22/2018 2:56:14 PM #2

Hello again Witchking330!

So I replied in that other thread, so for the sake of anyone else reading this I'm going to put this right here.

Posted By WITCHKING330 at 07:07 AM - Mon Oct 22 2018

My only in game worry....if you will is I'm a father of four that works 6days a week swing shift ....😥 Is it going to be possible for me to have a chance in hell of going anywhere in this game??? Or worth the investment???? Hope for the best I suppose.

Chronicles of Elyria breaks a lot of what is considered normal for mmos, including the necessity to grind to max level before you start enjoying to game. There will definitely be a place for you, and innumerous content for you to consume as the world continues to evolve.

I will say however that the loftier your goals, the more play time you may have to devote. I just don't see a way to become a king play only 2 hours a day for example. Honestly, that is ok. Were you to make it to king your 2 hours would be spent doing court cases and passing laws anyway.

Definitely find out more about the game and see where your niche could be. Understand that you will be limited only on things like being the best at something, and adventuring for a few hours a week even, then letting your character earn money while offline so you can get straight back to adventuring next time, is a viable option.

On a side note, welcome to the forums and the community. Feel free to ask in a post or in a private mail if you have any questions.

In addition! So I am off mobile now so I feel I can articulate better. Let us try to sway you again.

CoE is designed so that whether you play 80 hour weeks, or you play off and on, you will see the story evolve around you, and there will be something new for veterans And weekend warriors alike.

One could almost argue you have More to do in Elyria because everytime you log everything around you could be different.

Hopefully some more persuasive people swing by that can help argue this point, but this is my 2 cents.

10/22/2018 3:40:10 PM #3

Be a part time "anything" in my barony, Dont need to be full time to roll with House Kinyon.

10/22/2018 4:03:12 PM #4

SBS fully understands that not everyone can play the game every day of the week. This is why OPCs are a thing and the bolstering system in place. As others have said, as long as you aren't going to be nobility you shouldn't have any issues. You could play a gentry, but it will be slightly harder given that you have limited play time. Hopefully, the OPC system will be robust enough to make that work.

Taking a break and don't know when I will be back.

10/22/2018 9:33:09 PM #5

I believe it depends what you want to do is the honest answer. I think you can do anything depending on your player skill level up to a certain point. If you want to be a world first player or within the top percentage of the professions then no, anything above a count, I don't think you could do it at least not by yourself, in my opinion a very social and competitive profession could be hard. If you want to be a merchant but you have a competitor that plays more than you, he would have a huge advantage over you. I see part time players mostly filling support roles or non competitive professions. Unless the part time player is highly skilled as a player.

10/22/2018 11:12:46 PM #6

Too complicated to answer fully at this time due to lack of info on how mechanics will work exactly, but I'm pretty sure OPCs will be able to perform most of the mundane busywork and allow people with time consuming responsibilities to still get a good amount out of the game.

10/23/2018 12:56:35 AM #7

Posted By Labbe at 10:56 AM - Mon Oct 22 2018

Hello again Witchking330!

So I replied in that other thread, so for the sake of anyone else reading this I'm going to put this right here.

Posted By WITCHKING330 at 07:07 AM - Mon Oct 22 2018

My only in game worry....if you will is I'm a father of four that works 6days a week swing shift ....😥 Is it going to be possible for me to have a chance in hell of going anywhere in this game??? Or worth the investment???? Hope for the best I suppose.

Chronicles of Elyria breaks a lot of what is considered normal for mmos, including the necessity to grind to max level before you start enjoying to game. There will definitely be a place for you, and innumerous content for you to consume as the world continues to evolve.

I will say however that the loftier your goals, the more play time you may have to devote. I just don't see a way to become a king play only 2 hours a day for example. Honestly, that is ok. Were you to make it to king your 2 hours would be spent doing court cases and passing laws anyway.

Definitely find out more about the game and see where your niche could be. Understand that you will be limited only on things like being the best at something, and adventuring for a few hours a week even, then letting your character earn money while offline so you can get straight back to adventuring next time, is a viable option.

On a side note, welcome to the forums and the community. Feel free to ask in a post or in a private mail if you have any questions.

In addition! So I am off mobile now so I feel I can articulate better. Let us try to sway you again.

CoE is designed so that whether you play 80 hour weeks, or you play off and on, you will see the story evolve around you, and there will be something new for veterans And weekend warriors alike.

One could almost argue you have More to do in Elyria because everytime you log everything around you could be different.

Hopefully some more persuasive people swing by that can help argue this point, but this is my 2 cents.

Sounds good....and I hope know one took that as I was whining.... about my available play time....just saying would it be worth it. Thank you all for the input

10/23/2018 12:59:17 AM #8

Posted By PaintedGoblin at 12:03 PM - Mon Oct 22 2018

SBS fully understands that not everyone can play the game every day of the week. This is why OPCs are a thing and the bolstering system in place. As others have said, as long as you aren't going to be nobility you shouldn't have any issues. You could play a gentry, but it will be slightly harder given that you have limited play time. Hopefully, the OPC system will be robust enough to make that work.

Yes!!!! The last sentence....nail on the head....if it works ....game on 😁....if not I feel like the world would just pass me by....lol

10/23/2018 1:06:38 AM #9

Few more ??? And or thoughts ...why do all the "tribes" sound like cavemen type not medieval-ish or is this just the starting "state" of the races??? ......and , as for the Opc...I think ...or I wonder if a companion app to control ,or make Opc decisions, check status of character ext. Is being thought up???? Would make it very weekend warrior friendly 😁😁😁

10/23/2018 1:32:27 AM #10

Posted By WITCHKING330 at 6:06 PM - Mon Oct 22 2018

Few more ??? And or thoughts ...why do all the "tribes" sound like cavemen type not medieval-ish or is this just the starting "state" of the races??? ......and , as for the Opc...I think ...or I wonder if a companion app to control ,or make Opc decisions, check status of character ext. Is being thought up???? Would make it very weekend warrior friendly 😁😁😁

Two good bits of news for you my friend.

1. The tribes don't sound cavemanlike because we are starting in the stone age or anything of the sorts. Tribes evolved to suit the specific biome that they predominate, almost in an extreme way. There are still medieval level technologies, just biome and culture specific to each tribes.

2. There is/has been prior talk of a companion app that lets you keep in the know with your OPC character. Not much has been said about it because we are still a ways from that point as far as development, but the intent is to get urgent alerts, or possibly edit your OPC's script.

10/24/2018 7:25:34 PM #11

So if I want typical plate armor and stuff the more human-ish tribe then???

10/24/2018 7:31:08 PM #12

Posted By WITCHKING330 at 12:25 PM - Wed Oct 24 2018

So if I want typical plate armor and stuff the more human-ish tribe then???

Armor types are determined by tribe knowledge at start, and yes. If you take a look at some of the shinies that have dropped "traditional" plate metal armor is a Neran thing.

It could also be something the Hrothi have as they are also good with metals. Until you get in game you can't determine who has what with 100% accuracy though.