COMMUNITY - FORUMS - SOULS, TALENTS, & REINCARNATION
Suggestions from players to story engine

I'd like to know if the Soulbound Engine reacts to suggestions from players.

For example: If a duke creates a family lore in which one of his ancestors hid a valueable object somewhere in the duchy, will this increase the likelyhood of the soulbound engine giving him or one of his descendants a story where they can find said treasure?

Friend Code: DB7984

11/2/2018 9:21:16 PM #1

Going by your example, I hope not. I reckon it will not function as an Elyrian version of Santa Claus or Sinterklaas.

I expect it to react on (player) character actions ... and not on planned actions of a player. Hope that makes sense.

11/2/2018 10:38:38 PM #2

Sure. There are ways to exploit this, particularly when looking at the example I have given.

On the other hand, this could be a great opportunity to incorporate player created lore into the game. If a kingdom has a very detailed lore it should be reflected in the game and not simply be story without evidence.
This can also apply to spreading rumors etc. I think communicating should have an impact. Wild stories and lies should of course be ignored and actions should be more significant in the story engine.

Even if it might be unrealistic, I see an opening for players to shape Elyria in interesting and subtle ways and not a wishing well.

Friend Code: DB7984

11/3/2018 12:55:50 AM #3

An interesting thought, but definitely not something that is easy to accomplish.

For all the complexity the Story Engine is said to have, the programming simply cannot be complicated enough to comprehend every player created lore and utilize it to incorporate it into the game.

It is one thing for the engine to notice that you like Alchemy, and throw an Alchemist quest your way. Or take note of how many time you say key words like Praising the Two-fold Queen, and if you do it enough to send some Al'tifali stuff your way.

Taking what is essentially a story, picking out key words, accurately translating this story into the engine, adding it to the game, all while keeping balance in the system is immensely more complicated.

Disclaimer, I have no idea of the inner workings of the Story Engine, I just unfortunately don't see it being a thing.

11/3/2018 1:04:02 AM #4

Not to be too much of a negative Nancy here, but if you read everyone's lore it would be a little out of hand. Every mayor, count, and duke has lore in their backstory (almost anyway). If the game was based on that is would look like an ADHD kid looking for a needle in a haystack.

Baron Neiph Cadfael

11/3/2018 3:21:18 AM #5

nope, dont want to talk about it, want to see it in action and nothing else. stop trying to cheat the system by learning from it. @SBS please do not answer anything about this.

carnead Die Entdecker und Verteidiger Avagasts suchen DICH! Egal welcher Berufsstand in unserer Stadt ist für jeden platz! [Geselle dich zu uns!] https://discord.gg/Sc6TyGR