COMMUNITY - FORUMS - NEW PLAYER QUESTIONS
After 10 years

So, I was wondering what will happen to the game after 10 years. Will I just be unable to play the game after that? Or do you got other plans?

(My friend code is 5D39A6)

12/9/2018 2:30:45 AM #1

The 10 year cycle, is just for the initial 10 year story that SbS has planned. You will still be able to play as usual without the 10 year story happening after it is over, and the devs have expressed the possibility of their being a second story, but we will have to wait and see.

10 years is a long time for a game, and frankly afterwards it may even be due sequel.

To answer your question again though. Yes, the intent is you can continue playing after the 10 year story is over.

12/9/2018 2:34:09 AM #2

Caspian09/29/2018

Ok. Gonna get ready to get some lunch with the family. But here's a couple corrections:

1. The 10-year story is written by us, not the Soulborn Engine. It's a choose-your-own adventure, where we provide a set of alternate paths and the Soulborn Engine helps direct the players to one of the available paths through player actions. We determine the 'What', the engine determines the 'How' and the 'Why'.

2. The 10-year story is intended to last +/- 10 years, but between now and the end we'll decide what comes next

3. The servers won't shut down after 10 years. At the very least, things will progress as normal, but without an over-arching story adding in events to drive a global story

They intend for the game to last as long as possible, after that point they can continue the game, add more things in, or even make a CoE 2 ^.^

12/10/2018 1:50:59 AM #3

Thankyou very much, The game looks amazing so I was thinking that it'd probably be a game I play a lot so it's nice to know it'll probably go on for more than 10 years

12/11/2018 3:24:46 AM #4

Will this 10 year story be in the next years history? You have books about the past in the real world and considering that this is realistic, this comes to question. What we do, who we are, will this go into history and what kinds of things would be acceptable in that? What would be used to record this history?

Will what we do be forgotten? Will we all be forgotten after 10 years and will we all have to pay again to play even if you constantly play?! What if you payed every month or was a large customer to your merchandise and options?

12/11/2018 3:37:20 AM #5

We most certainly will not be forgotten, unless your history is purged by some other in game events.

The 10 year story is 10 real life years, which equates to 520 Elyrian years. As long as people keep up with writing down the history of the world, then within the first year we will be making history.

As far as your questions regarding paying to play again:
1. We pay about yearly anyway with sparks of life which last us about 52 weeks each, so worst case we would continue to pay yearly to play.
2. If SbS was inclined to make a sequel to the game instead of adding another 10 year story, it could be feasible that at the end of production of a sequel we pay to play said sequel. Much the same as we pay for other games when they come out with sequels.

I do not think we will be forgotten though. The way SbS works we have already been influencing the world with events like the Searing Plague, and we haven't even gotten to test phases yet. If they make a sequel to CoE then I almost guarantee the events of CoE will be reflected within the sequel.

12/11/2018 4:25:11 AM #6

Ten year story focuses on “The Awakening” after that comes war and chaos what follows will either be putting whatever wakes up back to sleep....or it staying awake. I don’t think y’all understand what’s going to happen. Choices will be made, kingdoms will fall and either chaos or chaos will reign ;)

12/13/2018 5:50:53 PM #7

Posted By TheCoz at 10:25 PM - Mon Dec 10 2018

Ten year story focuses on “The Awakening” after that comes war and chaos what follows will either be putting whatever wakes up back to sleep....or it staying awake. I don’t think y’all understand what’s going to happen. Choices will be made, kingdoms will fall and either chaos or chaos will reign ;)

My goal in this game is to be that chaos on the luna server. If I find a lich than I'll see if I can strike a bargain to learn the secrets of lichdom, I'd also like to breed goblins. Obviously not "real" goblins but short guys with green skin, preferably green eyes, and more strengh than brains. I'd want to go around killing all non-goblins that I can replace with goblins. But things like a highly skilled weaponsmith I'd want to keep. But less skilled workers would be executed and replaced with goblins. I hope that I'll be able to be able to start the first world war though.

12/13/2018 9:00:14 PM #8

lol

Goblins! FOOK YEA BRO!

There is supposed to be a "standard Baddie" across all servers, I don't think its bandits or animals but we shall see. Dont get to hung up on goblins though, I hope you can do it though, would be sweet to fight you!

12/13/2018 9:29:30 PM #9

I would not be overly concerned about only the first 10 real life years being planned out. I am hyped up too but we need to take one step at a time. I remember Vye saying somewhere they want to give us the tools to make content ourselves... So even if they abandon us as long as someone is paying to keep the lights on hypothetically we can make our own stories. I don't think that will happen. I do however think the world and story in 10 years could do a 180. Maybe we progress as a civilization. Maybe we fall into dark ages.... We have to wait and see.

And its 10 years.. A lot can happen in a decade. Think about where/what you were doing ten years ago. Technology will change. Sadly some of us will die. Lets enjoy today, today and worry about 10 years in 10 years.

1/4/2019 2:41:51 AM #10

so true. let us hope it goes well I'm very hyped up for this game.

1/4/2019 3:03:19 AM #11

Posted By AlexGTheGamer at 03:50 AM - Fri Dec 14 2018

I'd want to go around killing all non-goblins that I can replace with goblins.

This is one of the most out of control plans I've heard and I don't know how someone downvoted you it sounds so mental, it would be amazing if you managed to pull off a Goblin clan.

If you are new to the community, the Design Journals will answer a lot of your questions.