COMMUNITY - FORUMS - FAMILIES & NOBLE HOUSES
Fertility

I was wondering if there was some way to castrate a character. So if I was building a town, and one of the children got unlikable results, would I be able to potentially castrate them so the feature I didn't like couldn't progress through the town?

(My friend code is 5D39A6)

12/13/2018 3:39:28 AM #1

Theyre done via contracts, so I believe the answer to that is no. Just don't give them the chance to make contracts, or dont make contracts with them

12/13/2018 3:41:23 AM #2

Though I can't find the quote for it anymore, unless something has changed recently, they don't currently intend to include fertility issues to the game.

I expect castration would count as an infertility issue.

12/13/2018 3:44:09 AM #3

You should post the recruitment post for your town with an alt account when you get that far.

Might be able to cut off their contract signing hands though, that'll stop the Elyrian love process from takin place.

Personally Id investigate an Alchemical solution to this problem but call me biased.

12/13/2018 4:37:11 AM #4

Thankyou for your answers, they were all helpful. Honestly I'd like to get an army of goblins as quickly as possible as to attempt to conquer the world replacing the population of any towns/cities/etc with my goblins as I got. But I want anybody who's born without the traits I want I'd like to get rid of, but I don't want "wild" goblins roaming, But I guess I could always raise them to become illiterate, anti-social, and always remain in my services alone to prevent them from meeting anybody while utilizing the impures. Thanks.

12/13/2018 6:17:06 AM #5

I can't tell if this guy is trolling the threads or not, but he got Moxie.

Goblins won't exist to my knowledge as this is a low fantasy game, but good luck with your goals all the same.

12/13/2018 9:19:24 AM #6

"Goblins", is that some green version of a Kipyq? Well, good luck with conquering the world Kipyq style.

12/13/2018 1:36:15 PM #7

https://imgur.com/r/CrusaderKings/BZlRV

And that's all I have to say about that...

• I'm big enough to forgive you. But I'm not stupid enough to trust you again. (A29D00/#9056)
12/13/2018 2:05:39 PM #8

Just wondering if the NPC:s will also have new children without players and contracts, or do new NPC:s simply appear somewhere at adult age.

12/13/2018 3:31:46 PM #9

NPCs will have children the same way that players have them with other players, or players will have them with other NPCs.

They will not simply appear at the adult age, although the answer on whether we are caring for kids for 15 years until they are playable still seemed hazy to me.

12/13/2018 4:02:58 PM #10

Alex,

I expect the easiest solution to your problem would be to marry the character off out of town and send them away or to banish them in some form. Send them to study/train in another settlement you dislike and hope the undesirable trait proliferates through your competitor's settlement. Castration, especially in this time period, would be a highly dangerous practice. More people would die from blood loss than actually survived so you could just murder the person.

12/13/2018 5:33:31 PM #11

I mostly just want an army of short green guys, with lots of strength. That's what I consider to be a goblin. When I say goblin I mean a short guy with green skin.

12/13/2018 5:35:06 PM #12

Posted By Kelipski at 10:02 AM - Thu Dec 13 2018

Alex,

I expect the easiest solution to your problem would be to marry the character off out of town and send them away or to banish them in some form. Send them to study/train in another settlement you dislike and hope the undesirable trait proliferates through your competitor's settlement. Castration, especially in this time period, would be a highly dangerous practice. More people would die from blood loss than actually survived so you could just murder the person.

Thankyou for that information, I didn't know that there was going to be genetic traits that could be dangerous, I was thinking of citizens that I don't like the looks of.

12/13/2018 9:53:45 PM #13

A mix of two different tribes will not become something weird. They either have your eyes, height or your other traits, or the ones of your partner. The child will not suddenly be green, because neither you or your partner will be green. And when you ignore the child, it will just grow up and do it's business.

There is no such thing as a dangerous trait. Your biggest concern is that you didn't have a child with a member of a tribe that is hostile to your tribe/race. In that case the child will not get a foothold in your town and will probably leave at its own accord.

If on the other hand the child is a vampire or a lich, you are free to kill it.

All children will be born as normal children from the beginning. None of them will be dangerous, freaks, Every character, even the one you are playing at that moment has 0.03% to become a super monster. Worrying about that is pointless, unless you win the lottery 100% of the time.

12/14/2018 5:40:48 AM #14

They have stated that plants and animals alike will have manipulatable traits, so I see no reason you couldn’t, say, breed Kypiq with the swamp guys to get short grey monsterous critters. Then breed towards the green.

12/14/2018 8:58:45 AM #15

There is a slight possibility you could use laws to restrict contracts. Imho it's unlikely but potentially you could have a law restricting child contracts. That would not really "castrate" players, but at least you could punish them for breaking the low. The sentence? We take your child!

That's the only thing I can see in the game mechanics to get this effect, but again I doubt it will be possible.

TBD, Count of The Metheglin Meadows in Iyandolin, 🌷Kingdom of Al-Khezam 🌷, Selene