COMMUNITY - FORUMS - FAMILIES & NOBLE HOUSES
Fertility

I was wondering if there was some way to castrate a character. So if I was building a town, and one of the children got unlikable results, would I be able to potentially castrate them so the feature I didn't like couldn't progress through the town?

(My friend code is 5D39A6)

12/14/2018 9:38:38 AM #16

This topic really brings up the worst in some people.

12/14/2018 11:45:27 AM #17

Posted By Ilyria at 03:38 AM - Fri Dec 14 2018

This topic really brings up the worst in some people.

Extreme cruelty does that.

KS Backer 750 Friend Code: 8FF2A7

12/14/2018 12:05:24 PM #18

Hmm - Great idea! Another lucrative side-line for me as a doctor/surgeon!

(Thinks: Should I should charge individually, or by the pair...?)

Physician, Alchemist & Herbalist to the Duchy of Anor, Al-Khezam - Selene (EU) Server

12/14/2018 1:25:07 PM #19

Posted By Glosterian at 1:05 PM - Fri Dec 14 2018

Hmmm. Another lucrative side-line for me as a doctor/surgeon!

(Thinks: Should I should charge individually, or by the pair...?)

You can't sow it on when it's been cut off :)

12/17/2018 12:23:45 AM #20

Posted By Ilyria at 1:53 PM - Thu Dec 13 2018

A mix of two different tribes will not become something weird. They either have your eyes, height or your other traits, or the ones of your partner. The child will not suddenly be green, because neither you or your partner will be green. And when you ignore the child, it will just grow up and do it's business.

There is no such thing as a dangerous trait. Your biggest concern is that you didn't have a child with a member of a tribe that is hostile to your tribe/race. In that case the child will not get a foothold in your town and will probably leave at its own accord.

If on the other hand the child is a vampire or a lich, you are free to kill it.

All children will be born as normal children from the beginning. None of them will be dangerous, freaks, Every character, even the one you are playing at that moment has 0.03% to become a super monster. Worrying about that is pointless, unless you win the lottery 100% of the time.

I know that a child most likely be a monster, but I meant, I want specific traits to go on for every generation, I don't want somebody that has an absents any of the traits I want I don't want it breeding. I only want 1 set of genes for everybody. for looks

(My friend code is 5D39A6)

12/17/2018 12:46:12 AM #21

Posted By AlexGTheGamer at 11:23 AM - Mon Dec 17 2018

I know that a child most likely be a monster, but I meant, I want specific traits to go on for every generation, I don't want somebody that has an absents any of the traits I want I don't want it breeding. I only want 1 set of genes for everybody. for looks

You can only control your own child contracts and "breeding choices".

Your only chance at doing so for your town as a whole, is if the only characters you have in your town are Player Characters with no NPC's. Those PC's also still would need to agree to and choose to follow your request by their volition.

So feel free to try and breed specific traits in or out of your own family line, just don't expect to be able to exact much control over the rest of the town's choice. :)

12/17/2018 9:01:13 AM #22

"Castration build" in CoE would be over powered ahahahaha

12/21/2018 4:22:44 PM #23

Posted By Sagan at 09:01 AM - Mon Dec 17 2018

"Castration build" in CoE would be over powered ahahahaha

You never know, Sagan - it might prove a REAL benefit to a bard who wants to be renowned for their high notes! I'll sharpen up my scalpel right now and send you an appointment date! I'll try not to make a balls-up of it...

Physician, Alchemist & Herbalist to the Duchy of Anor, Al-Khezam - Selene (EU) Server

12/21/2018 4:24:50 PM #24

AND - before the Mod sez it! - let's, er, 'cut this thread' right here and now...Thanks all!

4/19/2019 7:21:29 PM #25

Posted By AlexGTheGamer at

I was wondering if there was some way to castrate a character. So if I was building a town, and one of the children got unlikable results, would I be able to potentially castrate them so the feature I didn't like couldn't progress through the town?

Jesus christ man 😂 That's a small hop to eugenics which only CK2 could maybe pull off without public outcry