COMMUNITY - FORUMS - OCEANUS GENERAL
Arise - The Black Queen (or not if you keep your coins)

Empty lands need a story, not a ruler.

The Waerd heard the big Neran knight before We saw him. Or rather what was left of him. Armour rent and caked in the Savannah dust, he gasped for water which was given as protocol demanded. "Help me!" he rasped "She's mad! Completely mad!" "Who?" We asked, wiping the blood from the dying man's face. "The Queen. They said she is a Child of Daemon, and that we must be sacrificed to return Daemon to life." his fury returned strength to his voice. "We went there to slay her and return Virtue to the South. But ..." he gasped in pain. "They burned my men" he added meekly, the horror of it lingering.

"The Qin are out of balance." We replied. "Though She is Dras, the Two Fold Queen works though Her. There must be balance." "Wait, what are you doing?" the Neran cried helplessly as wood began to be placed over him, the scrape of flint on steel. "There must be balance. Three are sane, the one must be three times mad." The Waerd looked to the South, and nodded once it was done. "Send his signet to The Black Queen's Court, she will pay for the wood we used. There must be balance."

Shield

Oceanus FM Interview!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n1T7CzYcO6M&feature=youtu.be

Welcome to the Court of the Black Queen

For years now, I have been writing a novel set in Elyria called "The Black Queen". This proposal is an extension of that concept - to create a Story Based Nemesis in the game.

Features:

Religion - Qindred

This is intentionally to balance the Faedin core of K1, Virtorians of K2-3.

The Queen's view would be that the Janoa worship the Qin, after all the Great Phoenix they go on and on about is obviously from the War of the Qin. They just have trouble with their words so you can't blame them if they muddle up the details.

Stance - Story Focused.

Others want to explore to other lands, or build stable trading areas, etc. We will set aside such mundane ideas, and instead seek to break through the wards of the world, enabling travel to and from Karcion.

Roleplaying is good.

Just like any good Movie, there will be Masquerade Balls. And yes, no harm will come to anyone visiting such an event. After all, what good villain does not tell their entire play to their nemesis then give them enough time to work out how to escape their dastardly deeds? (yeah ok Ithi put the glass dagger down).

Lawful Evil.

OCE has enough goody-goody players, but that does not mean chaos or disorganization is ok. The pursuit of "forbidden" knowledge will be our core pursuit, and the Virtori might feel a powerful need to stop us. Which would be working as intended, because there would need to be a hell of a good reason to invade into the swamps of K4.

Stance to others in K4.

Being focused on "more important matters" the Queen would be disinterested in mere mundane matters that do not interfere with The Great Work. Janoan want to awaken a Phoenix Spirit? Insist on being properly introduced once they succeed. To'resk want to make a fortune trading with the North? Isn't that what the Qin made them to do? Neran want to set up a company and mine Jet? sacrifice them all on the next Great Conjunction.

Too many games seek to fill all the spaces of the game with crafted content or neat lines. Deliberately preserving wild spaces, and encouraging independent settlements, would be good for OCE. So I would.

Military

The best warrior in the Land would naturally have the honour of being the Queen's Champion, and would give advice on mundane strategy, including the right to start wars with other Kingdoms. In short, Warlord. Literally. This position would be decided by a Grand Tourney held as required.

The Marian Reforms would be the basis for military service, with arms and armor being standardized for the Army.

Kypiq

Are food not friends. Any Kypiq found in K4 shall be sacrificed to Luna that She may have the strength to rise again to gift light to the night.

Imgur

Q&A

Reserved.

Want to support this concept for K4?

Go to https://chroniclesofelyria.com/lost-vault and send coins to:

L Lillian

Thank you for your consideration ;p)

Link to my story

12/17/2018 10:44:42 PM #1

Just to prove that this is me.

If anyone has not worked it out yet, such a character would be immense fun - but might not have a very long life expectancy.

And yes ... the Followers of the Black Queen would be very hard to track down. Good luck, you may need it! (because win or lose, I'm planning to resurrect Daemon so Selene will no longer be alone, thus restoring Balance).

Link to my story

12/17/2018 11:01:29 PM #2

Good luck Grace. If anyone were deserving of such a privilege it would be you.

12/17/2018 11:03:41 PM #3

A Dark Queen is always fun to follow, You have my support Grace.

12/17/2018 11:03:48 PM #4

Yes Kypiqs are food!

Good luck!

"He who is prudent and lies in wait for an enemy who is not, will be victorious."

12/17/2018 11:23:29 PM #5

I admire your creativity, but my coins belong to someone else.

12/17/2018 11:47:55 PM #6

Posted By Ilyria at 10:23 AM - Tue Dec 18 2018

I admire your creativity, but my coins belong to someone else.

Then I'll have them murdered. The coins must flow! :)

That said, naturally you can buy off the assassins ...

Link to my story

12/18/2018 12:17:52 AM #7

Looking forward to seeing your campaign unfold!

12/18/2018 1:56:11 AM #8

Shut up and take my coins!

12/18/2018 5:59:18 AM #9

I'm always down to support good story!

12/18/2018 1:39:36 PM #10

Nice appearance on Oceanus FM (YouTube). I'm absolutely certain the Oceanic server would be better off with you as a monarch. You're an interesting and principled character, with a rich history and content driven mind set. It we miss out, it'll be a significant bummer for us all.

12/18/2018 11:11:25 PM #11

Really fascinating concept! I'm going to wait to commit my coins until I'm sure of my choice, but this is really tempting haha

12/19/2018 11:48:32 AM #12

Posted By CinnamonBun at 09:11 AM - Wed Dec 19 2018

Really fascinating concept! I'm going to wait to commit my coins until I'm sure of my choice, but this is really tempting haha

I'm also waiting. But because Grace is just destined for this sort of thing, I know where its all going before the event is over. I hope everyone looking can remember to save her a few.

12/20/2018 6:41:08 AM #13

Posted By CinnamonBun at 10:11 AM - Wed Dec 19 2018

You tempt me with a cinnamon bun and speak of resistance? Resistance is futile!

... yup that's right, I need to go buy a cinnamon bun now. And it will be delicious!

:)

Link to my story

12/21/2018 3:09:20 PM #14

I'm genuinely sad that someone took the time to -1 a post about me wanting a cinnamon bun. Really?

It was truly delectable by the way.

Link to my story

12/22/2018 1:11:25 AM #15

Posted By Lady Grace at 02:09 AM - Sat Dec 22 2018

I'm genuinely sad that someone took the time to -1 a post about me wanting a cinnamon bun. Really?

It was truly delectable by the way.

It's a good sign really. I had someone follow me around for months -1 all my posts. It made me feel loved really.

Just think you are affecting someone that badly.