COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
Wetlands/Swamp Mount Idea

Seen one of the Tribe Q&As and they were brainstorming animals for a wetlands/swamp mount. Figure something like a larger version of a Flamingo would be perfect, their large stature already makes it hard for them to fly so the lore could make them unable to fly and their long legs make the saddle position perfect for the taller tribes that live in those biomes. Best part is they are NOT a snail.... lol

1/31/2019 3:36:42 AM #1

Just any large bird that falls in the group of a tall flightless birds would work https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ratite

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aepyornis

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moa

1/31/2019 4:05:17 AM #2

Otterbears may be the default wetlands mount. I hear tell that different varieties exist in different climates.

Flightless birds are a possibility, but none on earth are well-adapted to wetlands.

Personally, I'm a fan of an analogue to water buffaloes.

1/31/2019 4:29:43 AM #3

I like it and some kind of fancy bird would really suit the toresk

"If we wait until we are ready, we'll be waiting for the rest of our lives..." code: CD83B4

1/31/2019 4:31:36 AM #4

Don't want to go with large crocodiles? Ideal for water based superiority.

Death is just another path, one we all must take

Friend Code: C8DF9C

1/31/2019 5:02:52 AM #5

Crocodiles like those on earth are probably too stupid to be good mounts. A good combat mount has to let go after bringing an enemy down, not settle in for a leisurely meal.

1/31/2019 5:21:20 AM #6

Flamingo gonna be pretty cool, but I think they would need more muscular legs to make it more believable. I can definitely see ostrich working in savannas.

Would we get a different mount for each biome? We would at least need a salt water mount for the saltwater marsh ...hmm

Never argue with an idiot, cuz he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Vice mayor of Lux Verloren

1/31/2019 5:33:42 AM #7

They were talking about large snakes while brainstorming on one of the youtube videos. That's my personal favorite so far.

1/31/2019 5:59:24 AM #8

Now would this wetland bird mount be a like a mix between an ostrich and a duck, giving it a flat bill, or an ostrich and a heron giving it a long pointy bill for catching fish?

2/7/2019 8:15:07 AM #9

I think a long/curved pointed bill would look better and serve for catching fish in the wetlands/swamp areas but it would really be up to the designers and lore as to what they could look like.

2/7/2019 8:19:24 AM #10

They already have 'prehistoric' beasts in the game (pteroguin) so they could add any large reptilian 'bird' and it would work.

2/7/2019 5:51:29 PM #11

Snail mounts actually sound pretty neat...probably just me :[ Represses ambitions of becoming the snail countess of Elyria.

I think there's quite a bit creative space for developing fauna that can traverse the wetland biomes:)

2/20/2019 3:49:28 AM #12

When I watched the Q&A the first thing that crossed my mind for an awesome mount was some form of hybrid. Possibly a Komodo Dragon Crocodile hybrid? Something that would excel in the humid climates of the swamps and wetlands maybe even partially into the sunnier grasslands. They’d be situational mounts definitely since they’d not be much help in colder climates or more arid places since they rely on humidity and warmth. However both variants of the hybrid are excellent swimmers and you even have the option of allowing them to possibly transmit a disease or venom as war mounts. Could be interesting and fun lol.

2/20/2019 4:33:23 AM #13

what about a moose or black bear as they both live in wetland in real life or maybe a different animal like the otterbear special to Elyria

From Our Farm Gate To Your Dinner Plate.

Friend Code : EE5C8E

2/20/2019 5:50:52 AM #14

No snails please xD

Does anyone know if buying say a War Trison will be changed into the corresponding Mount for the biome you settle in? Or is it pointless buying any of the existing mounts if you will be in one of the more extreme biomes?

2/21/2019 4:36:47 AM #15

There will be substitution of a different animal if the selected animal is not adapted to the biome.