COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
Kingdoms of Elyria Question

Hello Community,

As there are not many information about this point I wanted to ask you guys something maybe you know. I have one big Question. My friends are playing Hrothi and they have a Hrothi Duchy and a Hrothi Count. I was planned as Baron there but I want to play as Brudvir. Also all of my people want to play Brudvir. To play a Hrothi for me would be a no go as I invested too much money on this game to play a race that don't fit my play style.

Now the Question. Is it possible if I set my domain in the Hrothi Duchy to get thorugh the KOE as many Brudvir that I have more then 50% so that I can play a Brudvir Baron at Release(or Expo)? And if yes what do I have to do in the KOE to achive that.

Thank you in advance for your answers. I appreciate any help.

2/20/2019 8:15:13 PM #1

Well, technically speaking as far as I know, a Mayor/Baron at the start of the game has that position along with a majority of ownership "stock" in that settlement. The difference between a Mayor and a Baron is simply that the Baron is a Mayor whom also has some form of a defense contract with the Duke or Duchess of that Duchy.

The same rules would apply though in terms of being Mayor or Baron of that settlement at the start. So, what you would need is a Brudvir in a settlement in their lands that is capable of having 51% ownership of the land in that settlement. I dont know enough to know what exactly it would take to insure that, especially prior to us seeing any Domain Selection maps, but maybe someone else will be able to add to this.

I do think it is possible but saying for sure would require us to have more information available to us than what is actually available to us at this point.

I hope this helps.

In regards to what you could do during KoE to help in that endeavor? Well if you cant find a Brudvir to take over in a settlement of your choosing during KoE then you might be able to take over a Brudvir elsewhere, move that Brudvir character to the settlement of your choosing and then work with your friends to make sure that said Brudvir is wealthy enough to start a Family in that settlement so that hopefully during Release the future members of that Brudvir Family will still reside in that settlement so you can choose them during Expo. I am no expert though, I could be wrong with this. There is more that we dont know than there is that we know.

2/20/2019 9:37:14 PM #2

These might help:

2/21/2019 3:52:26 AM #3

There it is, thank you Sagan.