COMMUNITY - FORUMS - ANGELICA GENERAL
Brudvir Horse Breeder

Hey all Im going to starting out as a Brudvir Horse breeder and herbalist. Looking for people to occupy my stalls and buy my horses as well as protection and a potential contract from a duchy for my horses. Will have a stable to start the game and will need land to occupy to place it. Also in need of another Ursaphant to breed with my own. Best Arjuna Umer-Ael

Clico Arjuna

2/21/2019 5:32:06 PM #1

SBS has said that different biomes will have mounts that fit the area. Since Brudvir are the farthest north I am wondering if you are planning on just raising horses or the Brudvirs choice of mount?

I am asking you this as Brudvir are pretty tall and musclebound so I think only very strong horses could hold their weight. Also since Brudivr are far north it would probably be hard to feed any large amount of horses as the soil in the area would be unfit for anything the horses would be able to consume.

2/21/2019 5:40:05 PM #2

Posted By Kalexius at 5:32 PM - Thu Feb 21 2019

SBS has said that different biomes will have mounts that fit the area. Since Brudvir are the farthest north I am wondering if you are planning on just raising horses or the Brudvirs choice of mount?

I am asking you this as Brudvir are pretty tall and musclebound so I think only very strong horses could hold their weight. Also since Brudivr are far north it would probably be hard to feed any large amount of horses as the soil in the area would be unfit for anything the horses would be able to consume.

Depends, horses can live off plants, foilage etc.. as well as grass.

the horses that develop naturally in that area would mostly be shorter, strong similar to the Fjord horses in Norway

2/21/2019 7:31:33 PM #3

The traditional Brudvir mount is a Dryas Elk.

A traditional mount for the Brudvir, they are only suitable for temperate to arctic latitudes.

The majestic dryas elk is sturdy enough to act as a mount for a Brudvir, though its temperament is decidedly more ornery than a horse since it is more closely related to goats.

Because of this heritage, they can tread across snowy or steep and rocky terrain with fewer penalties. Well adapted to the northern climates, they can subsist on tougher or more toxic fare such as tree branches and pine needles. However, their thick fur means they are not suited to warmer biomes and will quickly tire or die if not able to regulate their temperature. As such, dryas elk should be kept in temperate, sub-arctic, or arctic biomes.

This uncommon quality mount can help cover long distances more quickly as long as you watch out for pteroguin and are careful not to get whacked in the face with their horns!

A medium-sized animal, a single dryas elk is capable of pulling a medium-weight vehicle such as a wagon or ballista. It can also be ridden by a medium-sized character without special tack. Two animals can be used to pull a vehicle one size larger, or a single animal may pull up to one size smaller.

Source

FWIW, being Brudvir doesn't mean it's not possible to breed horses, but you'll have to obtain them and be in the proper climate to successfully breed them. They may not be native to the Taiga biome, or perhaps only certain breeds are. We'll find out eventually.

2/22/2019 3:53:52 AM #4

I only say Horses because i will be starting with two to breed, but will be obviously breeding other animals as I can.

Clico Arjuna

2/25/2019 4:23:13 PM #5

I'm a Baron who's looking to train knights, so I'd be very interested in having a breeder in my lands.

3/1/2019 2:45:20 AM #6

Sounds good i would be enthralled to have my horses ridden by some nobel knights

Clico Arjuna

3/2/2019 12:32:26 AM #7

Posted By Hieronymus at 12:31 PM - Thu Feb 21 2019

The traditional Brudvir mount is a Dryas Elk.

A traditional mount for the Brudvir, they are only suitable for temperate to arctic latitudes.

The majestic dryas elk is sturdy enough to act as a mount for a Brudvir, though its temperament is decidedly more ornery than a horse since it is more closely related to goats.

Because of this heritage, they can tread across snowy or steep and rocky terrain with fewer penalties. Well adapted to the northern climates, they can subsist on tougher or more toxic fare such as tree branches and pine needles. However, their thick fur means they are not suited to warmer biomes and will quickly tire or die if not able to regulate their temperature. As such, dryas elk should be kept in temperate, sub-arctic, or arctic biomes.

This uncommon quality mount can help cover long distances more quickly as long as you watch out for pteroguin and are careful not to get whacked in the face with their horns!

A medium-sized animal, a single dryas elk is capable of pulling a medium-weight vehicle such as a wagon or ballista. It can also be ridden by a medium-sized character without special tack. Two animals can be used to pull a vehicle one size larger, or a single animal may pull up to one size smaller.

Source

FWIW, being Brudvir doesn't mean it's not possible to breed horses, but you'll have to obtain them and be in the proper climate to successfully breed them. They may not be native to the Taiga biome, or perhaps only certain breeds are. We'll find out eventually.

Just to note, it does say "A" traditional mount for the Brudvir, not "The" traditional mount, as you stated. Meaning there can be other traditional mounts and one of them could very well be a horse variation. But like you said, we'll find out eventually.

-The largest cause of war is selfishness. The hardest thing to achieve in life is mutual selflessness.

Friend Code CD4DE7

3/7/2019 6:34:52 AM #8

Horse breeding? Why not character breeding? You could amass fortunes for the strongest crossbred warrior that can see underwater and is resistant to weather elements! (joking, not joking)

Will you be interested in breeding War Trison? I'm sure a few people will have some sitting around from the store for breeding. I'm interested in hearing how everything goes once you get started.

FC: 13AB08

5/4/2019 11:22:19 PM #9

We should chat I am also breeding mounts I am in ashland.