COMMUNITY - FORUMS - LUNA GENERAL
Evil guild Idea

Hello everyone! I have been lurking in the forums for a long time but never posted due to the release date being so far away.

Now that the release date is coming soon I've looked into the current guilds and I've found a distinct lack of Evil guilds.

My proposition would be to create a Guild (or church) from the faithless religion who practice a form of king worship. I'm pulling this idea from the Roman's emperor cult.

So the church would be dedicated to their Duke or King in a religious fashion.

Goals for the guild would include crusades for magical artifacts. Inquisitions for characters who have talents, persuading them to bend the knee to the king or risk death. Our knights would be black knights who are avid defenders of our king, and enemies of all other religions not approved by our God king.

Our place in the world would be to act as the left hand for a king when he needs something done that cannot fall to the public eye, such as assassinations, working with vampires or litches ( Perhaps even helping our king to become immortal).

Overall I think this would be quite a lot of fun to role play.

_ We have started an official group and are looking for players interested in joining out church! Recruiting for all positions! _

https://chroniclesofelyria.com/forum/topic/31774/NAE-The-Grey-Order-Evil-Organization

Join our discord and help us raise some hell! https://discord.gg/Vkg3CZm

Hïgh Græÿ: Service not Glory

4/10/2019 3:07:52 PM #1

Release date is not coming soon. Domain selection is soon if that what you mean?

I heard of people doing this as well. Not sure if it evil or not. It would depend on what people do with magic. If they are all gankers then you wouldn't be an evil guild. Outside of that with magic being rare you may not have much to do.

4/10/2019 9:50:42 PM #2

my mistake, i guess the date I read was just a rumor. While there might not seem like a lot there is plenty to role play and there isn't a rule against doing regular quests

6/12/2019 9:42:19 PM #3

My plan for gameplay actually revolves a lot around this sort of thing. My character wants to study magic, and the undead are very useful from a tactical point of view. Imagine an army that could live in the harshest conditions, survive the most brutal injuries, and work and battle for days without rest or sustenance. Imagine something like that in service to the king.

" you underestimate my stupidity "

-runs through minefield-

6/13/2019 3:31:31 AM #4

You can worship me as your goddess-queen. Entry level positions in the canisrabbit pit are open for enquirers.

6/19/2019 1:13:36 PM #5

Working for a Duke or King does not inherently make you evil. Please re-access what you consider to be evil.

6/19/2019 5:05:32 PM #6

Posted By TheWhiteMask at 08:13 AM - Wed Jun 19 2019

Working for a Duke or King does not inherently make you evil. Please re-access what you consider to be evil.

We're talking to a cultlike degree

6/19/2019 6:10:26 PM #7

Posted By Scheneighnay at 11:05 AM - Wed Jun 19 2019

I understand the discussion. You have to understand that a cult is not inherently evil. A cult that works for a king or duke is part of the government. Is the government evil? Maybe. Maybe not. Just because you are a cult doesn't make you evil.

6/20/2019 12:41:39 AM #8

Posted By TheWhiteMask at 1:10 PM - Wed Jun 19 2019

I understand the discussion. You have to understand that a cult is not inherently evil. A cult that works for a king or duke is part of the government. Is the government evil? Maybe. Maybe not. Just because you are a cult doesn't make you evil.

What if they're dedicated to the ruler, and not the government? Like the SS as opposed to the Wehrmacht. It went to such extremes that the two fought at the end of the war.

6/20/2019 1:51:13 AM #9

While yes, It would be possible to construct an "evil" guild, Morality in the real world doesn't work like it does in writing or tabletop RPG's, and working under someone, no matter their ranking power they have isn't an inherently evil act. It's important to realize that what we consider good/evil is based on our own perception and understanding.

for example, a race of undead beings who worship death wouldn't think of their gods as being evil, But those who worship life would. Or, More realistically, Robin hood wasn't evil to the poor, but the rich would have seen him as such

Throughout history many kings and rulers have had what you've described, A group or person to deal with things less savory. This doesn't make their actions inherently evil.

If you want to do the occasionally morally bankrupt thing, robbing, stealing, murdering, etc. this still wouldnt mean you were "evil" persay. Its not like fipping a coin.

HOWEVER If you want to have an "evil" guild, you should focus on finding a king/ruler with "evil" goals; doing the occasional odd job for a king who is a paragon of virtue, who just needs the occasional bandit discreetly removed would still make you a good guy.

6/21/2019 11:46:14 PM #10

One of the main aspects I was thinking of involved inquisitions and the silencing of other religions. While I suppose that doesnt make the group inherently evil, I plan to play the role as an evil character. You never know though, perhaps the evil part of the cult will be overthrown by a good guy infiltrating the group.

6/21/2019 11:48:11 PM #11

Posted By Sylvae at 10:31 PM - Wed Jun 12 2019

You can worship me as your goddess-queen. Entry level positions in the canisrabbit pit are open for enquirers.

Feel free to PM me if you are still interested.

6/21/2019 11:49:07 PM #12

Posted By Scheneighnay at 7:41 PM - Wed Jun 19 2019

What if they're dedicated to the ruler, and not the government? Like the SS as opposed to the Wehrmacht. It went to such extremes that the two fought at the end of the war.

This is exactly the sort of thinking I had in mind. The ends always justify the means, especially when it's in favor of a god.

6/21/2019 11:56:00 PM #13

Also I want to throw this out there, anyone interested please PM me, and I am very open to any ideas and would love to start some role playing before the game begins.

6/25/2019 2:02:23 PM #14

if you end up doing this. count me in, ill end up making my own house and nobility. cant wait to get into this game

Trebilcock

6/28/2019 12:59:38 AM #15

Posted By Fatelord123 at 09:02 AM - Tue Jun 25 2019

if you end up doing this. count me in, ill end up making my own house and nobility. cant wait to get into this game

You make three, now we are cooking.