COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
[Survey] M/F choices

Hello, future CoE players. This is just a little personal survey of mine that might help me decide what I'm going to do with my own characters. Hopefully, it can also help others undecided about the topic.

When you create your first character in CoE, will you be making them the same sex as you? What is your reasoning behind it?

4/23/2019 4:27:32 PM #1

It depends what roles ill be playing. probably female as I plan to sculp.

4/23/2019 4:32:04 PM #2

is there an advantage over being 1 gender?

if yes go with gender that has advantage if no

going to look at an ass all day(3rd person cam)?

if yes female if no male

4/23/2019 4:35:37 PM #3

I'm going to play a male because I think it's just easier for me to immerse with a character that is similar to myself. I might play a female character too later on.

4/23/2019 4:51:35 PM #4

I'm going to play only females because I don't want to look at male butts all day long while I play!

Seriously, that is the most cringe worth response I've heard people say. As a guy, I've play both male and female characters in games. It all depends on the role I want to play with that character and what goals I want them to accomplish. The same olds true with this game as well. I'll have male and female characters.

4/23/2019 4:56:26 PM #5

Female. Generally have smaller hit boxes.

Friend Code: 1C7762

4/23/2019 5:02:28 PM #6

Probably female on my count if it makes political marriages easier.

Male on most of my other characters, because that would make roleplaying with my wife easier.

Count LizenÇace VeLeîjres of Mydra's Crossing, VII of the order of the IX.

Order of IX

4/23/2019 5:09:33 PM #7

Could go either way depending on the character creator.

Its more aesthetics than anything for me, and the kypiq body type makes them seem almost exchangeable.

4/23/2019 5:15:02 PM #8

Yes, same as my own. I've played a couple of female characters in MMOs when there was a good reason to (AO needed a blonde enforcer wielding a lead pipe named Tonya Harding!), but generally I don't feel that I can RP them as well since I haven't lived the experience.

That said, I expect at some point my best heir choice will be female and I won't hesitate to choose her.

4/23/2019 5:26:36 PM #9

Posted By zimmah at 12:02 PM - Tue Apr 23 2019

Probably female on my count if it makes political marriages easier.

Male on most of my other characters, because that would make roleplaying with my wife easier.

Unless she wants to play a dude. It's panned out that we for my husband and me before lol.

4/23/2019 5:29:56 PM #10

Posted By Sildadia at 1:56 PM - Tue Apr 23 2019

Now that's being a min-maxer at heart XD

4/23/2019 5:52:56 PM #11

I'm comfortable playing either gender. I feel like I can immerse myself in both.

When I write a story, I don't think much about my own RL gender when writing characters or anything, and to me, a game like CoE is very much like writing a story!

I fully intend to Roleplay out whichever gender my heirs happen to be without issue!

4/23/2019 6:02:04 PM #12

Posted By Sildadia at 09:56 AM - Tue Apr 23 2019

This

4/23/2019 6:07:02 PM #13

I personally like to play my characters as if they were myself. Not all RP like, but just my decisions and actions are the ones I would pick if I was in that situation.

As such it is hard for me to get into character while playing a female, except in a few rare occasions. Sooo, more than likely I will try and be a male everytime. If my 2 heirs end up both being female, rather than make a third I may just spark into a female character and pretend she isn't. Side effect of playing a MEOW I'll be willing to accept

4/23/2019 6:39:13 PM #14

Had not thought about this. I guess a male character the first generation, then i will just play whatever gender that suits me.

4/23/2019 7:01:00 PM #15

Male because in this game is matters for smithing and mining

No single word in English renders all the shades of toska