COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
[OCE] Legendary Tavern Contest

Free Mann Legendary Tavern to a winner on the Oceanus Server (OCE)

From our Family to Yours Contest Summary

Our goal is to provide an opportunity for our fellow players on Oceanus to obtain the deed to the Legendary Tavern, The Free Mann, located in the Northern Grasslands Duchy of Kingdom 3. Additionally, we aimed to make a contest with as low of a barrier of entry as possible. This is a contest of ideas rather than one of art or writing; you or your group should be able to submit regardless of your skillset. 😊

Winner

Congratulations to Alpha_Omega on winning the tavern with their stunning entry!

Message from the Winner:

Thank you very much for the generous opportunity! First nights tankards on the house!

Timeline

Time of Posting – May 4th @ 12:00 pm ACT [UTC+10] Entry Submission Period

UPDATE Entry Submission is closed. It's currently the judging period.

May 10th Winner Declaration

UPDATE Winner Declared

Eligibility

Owning and running a tavern is not a task everyone takes up alone, so both groups and individuals may create a submission. There is a limit of one entry per account. The person receiving the deed to the Free Mann Tavern must meet a few requirements:

• Account must have a package of Bloodline or higher
  • Account must be locked into the Oceanus Server (OCE)
  • Account must be at least 40 days old
  • Account must be in good-standing

How to Enter

1. This should be apparent, but read through the Submission Guidelines and Judging Criteria to understand what we as judges are looking for.

2. Check to make sure your account is bound to the Oceanus (OCE) Server. (See FAQ if unsure how)

3. Draft your plans and ideas for the Free Mann Tavern either alone or with a group.

4. Double-check and make sure the format chosen conforms to guidelines, and add any finishing touches. You may need to upload files to a hosting site.

5. Send your entry to [email protected].

Submission Guidelines

The submission should be a business plan at its core. The intent of this format is for the contestant to communicate their ideas for what should be done with the tavern and how they might accomplish it. The last question of the FAQ in the second post may help if you don’t know what a business plan is.

What we do require is for the main part of the submission to be a text explanation of the contestants plans for the Free Mann tavern. A text document of some variety is preferred. Only send the bare text within the submission email itself if there is no other option available to you.

The presentation of this business plan is left to the submitter to allow those with special skills to show their strengths. To this end, additional information and documents can be submitted in conjunction to the business plan. We will accept lore, graphics, and other depictions. If your true strength is in PowerPoints or photo collages, go for it.

Important Note! Submission can include:

• (Required) A business plan

Format: Text Document (.txt / .rtf / .odt / .docx) or Online Document (GoogleDocs / Word Online).

• (Required) Alias (Forum Username)

• (Optional) Additional Lore, Graphics, Depictions

Read the last paragraph of the description above, or ask in this thread, if you need clarification.

Submission cannot:

• Contain NSFW or NDA-protected or otherwise exclusive information
  • Violate Chronicles of Elyria User Content Creation or Brand guidelines, Code of Conduct, or Terms of Use
  • Enter past the listed deadline

Information to Include when Submitting

Individual Submission

1. Alias (Forum username):
  2. Special Message if you win:
  3. Any important notes about the submission:
  4. Attach all files.

Group Submission

1. Group Name (Optional):
  2. Group Members:
  3. Alias (Forum Username) of the Account to receive the Tavern:
  4. Group Specialization (Optional):
  5. Special Message if your group wins:
  6. Any important notes about the submission:
  7. Attach all files.

Examples of what we are looking for in the business plan, Optional:

• Entertainment that might be displayed
  • Day-to-Day Activities a visitor might experience
  • Types of business relationships the owner might want to develop
  • Plans to secure and protect the tavern
  • How the tavern will stay in stock and manage spoilage
  • Plans to mitigate theft
  • Ways supply lines might be adapted based on need
  • Utilization of the taverns Private rooms and other amenities
  • Promoting the reputation or notoriety of the Tavern
  • Programs to attract and maintain visitors
  • Overall outline of potential income streams

Judges

This contest will have a panel of judges from NA-W to give every submission the attention it deserves. The judges are:

• Plume
  • Polaris
  • Pteroguin

Judging Criteria

Contests may elaborate on these details within the submission. The bold lettering is what we are looking for, while the explanation included are examples of what we look for within that criterion.

1. Viability

Is this plan realistic and cohesive? Is it achievable within Elyria? Is there a Plan B?

2. Creativity

Is this plan unique? Does it have a “wow factor” that distinguishes it from other ideas?

3. Ambition

Does this plan have long range goals? Does the plan describe how to accomplish them?

4. Priority

Does this person or group have the time, passion, and commitment to run and care for the tavern?

Judging Process (Blind Contest)

1. The submissions are reviewed by Soulbound Studios (SBS) who run the usernames through a pre-screening process and then masks the names on the submissions, before passing the qualified entries to the judges.

2. Each judge will read through every entry on their own.

3. The judges will then individually select submissions that fulfill each of the four criteria best, as well as a fifth entry that they personally feel touches upon every criterion. This step will instead be done as a group if there are five or less total entries submitted.

4. The judging panel will meet to compare their choices and decide upon a final winner, then notify SBS to coordinate and unveil the final winner.

Thanks for taking your time to read this thread, and I hope you are excited as we are to find out the owner of the deed to The Free Mann Legendary Tavern (OCE)!

Special thanks to Soulbound Studios who made this contest possible. Also, a big thanks to Hellmoon, Polaris, and Serpentius for the time you each invested helping Pteroguin and myself make this gift to Oceanus a reality. <3

4/26/2019 5:49:04 AM #16

Posted By Sagan at 8:33 PM - Thu Apr 25 2019

It's kind of a shame that this was held for the poppy flower tavern. I'm not sure how much genuine interest is there. I would've loved to have participated but unfortunately a flower tavern doesn't really hit the mark.. and with DSS coming..? It complicates settlement selection.

I hope it is of interest to somebody and also that it does not 'complicate' domain and settlement selection. The intent of this is to be a gift to OCE and not a detractor. The Free Mann is ultimately the last tavern available before people are locked into locations, making it also one of the most valuable to those with a dream. Those who have not locked into communities yet will stop hesitating once the map is stable, whether they have land or not. Someone specifically wanting a legendary tavern will not be able to predict if the place they choose will have one of the remaining 11.

The timing itself is what I can guess might complicate DSS. The competition does run through monarch selection. If whether a tavern is owned by an NPC or player influences a monarch's selection, I can only apologize. It might shuffle dukes, but the announcement time means a duke earning the tavern will have to take a risk and place before they know if they've won, or wait until the latter half of selection to place. Chances are that a duke not already planning to be in that specific location will choose to place instead near it, perhaps even joining kingdom 3 as an ally.

The competition is not about gifting a specific tavern, but preventing OCE from missing out on a unique opportunity due to funding or other reasons. If anyone has questions, I'm sticking around and can address any further concerns. I look forward to questions. <3

4/26/2019 6:16:24 AM #17

This is such a generous gift, and I do hope that OCE people put in some good effort for this. Mr & Mrs Pteroguin, you are astounding.

4/26/2019 6:24:00 AM #18

Thank you to everyone who is showing their support!

I'm so excited haha.

4/26/2019 7:18:10 AM #19

“Pteroguin is paying SBS for the tavern at full value.”

Beyond impressed. USD -> NZD makes things like this crazy unaffordable. so as member of OCE I salute you.

I hope you have amazing applications and it goes to somebody who will do great things. Also, what an outstanding contest!.

Can you keep us all updated on how it goes? I’m so interested to simply watch!

4/26/2019 7:26:25 AM #20

Exceptional stuff here. I support this competition! Everyone on OCE should be letting others know about this.

4/26/2019 8:39:10 AM #21

@Ptero and @Miss Plume

Thats one hell of a generous gesture and it blows me away. I had that Waerd tavern sitting in my cart looking at me for quite a while and was sad to see it go by.

The taverns are really like mini kingdoms, a lot of work to run, maintain and manage with untold story potential.

❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤❣️💕💞💝💘💗💓

4/26/2019 8:47:51 AM #22

I can't begin to express how awesome I think this effort is. Thank you for doing this & may the best business plan win :D

4/26/2019 2:57:47 PM #23

Just wanted to say, what a lovely and generous gesture! ❤️ I'm excited to see what people come up with.

4/26/2019 3:19:24 PM #24

Nice way to be! Great thinking all around!!

Good luck to the OCE entrants.... Cheers!

Imgur

4/26/2019 8:38:57 PM #25

May the best Mann win <3

4/27/2019 1:19:20 AM #26

Thanks for running this Miss Plume, you are amazing.

The strength of the wolf is the Pack. Fight with honour.

4/27/2019 2:39:38 AM #27

Posted By Kalmerus at 5:19 PM - Fri Apr 26 2019

Thanks for running this Miss Plume, you are amazing.

Your welcome! It wouldn't be possible without pteroguin and the coordination of the studio. <3

4/30/2019 12:49:48 AM #28

The Kingdom of Lor Voskara has been confirmed for Kingdom 3 on the Oceanus Server! (congrats <3)

Contest participants wanting to find out more about the sovereign Kingdom of the Free Mann tavern are more than welcome to check them out using the links below.

Discord Announcement: Caspian ☁Today at 8:10 AM

(AT)here As I walked through the grassy fields, enjoying the gradually cooling temperatures, my eyes could barely make out the shaded figure on the opposite side of the valley. As I got closer, I could see clearly a messenger kangaroo, waiting in impatience with her arms folded over each other and a message in her hands. Upon arrival, she handed me the letter before kicking me in the groin and bounding off. The letter read: "Lor Voskara lays claim to Kingdom 3 of Oceanus."

[Monarch Post] [Discord Link]

*Note: Joining Lor Voskara is not a requirement of the contest.

**Note: The monarch of Lor Voskara has expressed intent to potentially work with the tavern owner rather than against them.

Omicronus (Xakorai)Last Thursday at 10:09 PM

I have no desire to run it, but depending on the area/kingdom’s resources, may help out a bit by making tourist attractions At the end of the day, it is a tavern with a legendary status, so I’m not going to spend a lot of time in dealing with it. But might be a fun pit stop for travellers and such I’ll definitely put it into considerations while looking at trade routes and guard posts But there’ll be a lot of factors into those so I guess we’ll see

Omicronus (Xakorai)Last Thursday at 10:14 PM

Mmm, like with anything though, I’ll not commit to 100% support until I know what state of the kingdom is and how much funds/resources are available But I will see what I can do

4/30/2019 2:11:16 PM #29

Thanks Miss Plume again and to Pteroguin for this contest.

Appreciate all the work put into this! <3

May the best mann or womann win!

Friend code: B29DD8

5/3/2019 8:05:55 PM #30