COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
can you infuse weapons?

If so how long to they last. Lets say you have a poison or something right can you add it to a blade or arrow or something. If you can how long does the poison last on your blade

Count Weylyn of Vit Kanin. Friend code B7D0EF

4/26/2019 8:17:04 AM #1

Well, something like dipping blades or arrows in poison to enhance them is relatively simple, so I expect such mechanic to be present in some way. The duration, however, is something we can't guess at the moment.

4/26/2019 8:40:44 AM #2

Posted By SupervoidFilament at 10:17 AM - Fri Apr 26 2019

Well, something like dipping blades or arrows in poison to enhance them is relatively simple, so I expect such mechanic to be present in some way. The duration, however, is something we can't guess at the moment.

i see i hope the devs can answer t his

Count Weylyn of Vit Kanin. Friend code B7D0EF

4/26/2019 11:19:29 AM #3

From what I remember there was a dagger available for a while that was made out of glass and held poison. It was an instakill dagger but very expensive. Kingkiller level money.

"A balanced diet is 50% Kypiq and 50% Janoa."

4/26/2019 2:39:09 PM #4

The duration and effectiveness of a poison would be entirely determined by the poison that was made by an alchemist, based on the products used and the skill of the maker. I am pretty sure the concept of a poisoned weapon is definitely in the game though.

Death is just another path, one we all must take

Friend Code: C8DF9C

4/26/2019 3:51:06 PM #5

Dras tend to use poison on their weapons, so yes.

And the effects and duration would depend on the poison (and quality of it probably).

Count LizenÇace VeLeîjres of Mydra's Crossing, VII of the order of the IX.

Order of IX

4/26/2019 10:26:49 PM #6

Posted By AlphaWolfofthepack at 09:40 AM - Fri Apr 26 2019

Posted By SupervoidFilament at 10:17 AM - Fri Apr 26 2019

i see i hope the devs can answer t his

While I hope you get your answer, I wouldn't expect a comprehensive answer on this any time soon. Adding temporary weapon buffs via a poison or blade coatings will probably get added in a while after the base combat is polished so there probably isn't an answer to this yet.

4/26/2019 11:03:54 PM #7

Disclaimer - from Discord. So it can change:

15 APR 18 D-CCR

There are specific poisons, etc. that can allow you to CDG from long-distance with archery.