COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
Silly Little Thought... CoE Seeing it's own Player-created RP series on Twitch...

So... as the Game of Thrones HBO series is winding down as it burrows through it's final season... I'll be left with a sad, hollowed spot once the last of the finale credits role (Well until the spin-off... whenever that may be).

But I'm left with a thought... I'm finding myself increasingly attracted to the many RP streams seen on Twitch, namely that of GTAV's RP servers (Namely the more serious Roleplayers, though some bits of comedy mixed with improv makes it worth watching)... And I thought, "I wonder if CoE would have it's own crowd of Roleplayers, and get to see those people start their own series..."

So I wondered, does anyone plan to stream their CoE lives? Do you think it could become something akin to a whole server telling their story through streams/videos? Now, I don't expect GoT levels of story telling or acting, but it would be such a unique thing to experience and be a part of. Pardon my optimism, but maybe akin to gaming's version of a "Game-of-Thrones-like series" or something...

I apologize if I'm too hopeful in my ramblings, but I feel like it would definitely be something amazing to see... especially if we get to see CoE get so much recognition in the process. I know GTAV has seen so much recognition on twitch because of all the Roleplayers.

4/26/2019 8:41:34 AM #1

+1

Count Weylyn of Vit Kanin. Friend code B7D0EF

4/26/2019 9:01:22 AM #2

I will definetly do somethin on my youtube channel with my barony. Something like epsiodes.

4/26/2019 9:30:50 AM #3

Posted By Hallvard at 05:01 AM - Fri Apr 26 2019

I will definetly do somethin on my youtube channel with my barony. Something like epsiodes.

Awesome to hear!

4/26/2019 11:33:49 AM #4

I'm thinking about starting jt but God forbid aus gets a decent readily available internet for streaming without breaking my bank lol. Otherwise I'll record episodes if I can think of a way, or perhaps when something is going on in the world I can get friends to record and we can compile it into an actual episode through multiple perspectives

4/26/2019 11:38:33 AM #5

I'm in....as long as I can role play as a troll living under a bridge.

I was born for this.

Happy Friday

You must all be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to get angry. JAMES 1:19 NLT

4/26/2019 11:41:07 AM #6

I’m going to use my twitch channel to C-SPAN my demesne’s political meetings. I’m probably going to expand it to the kingdom’s as well.

If mass-combat is interesting I might record battles and then show them at a later date.

Coming Soon(tm)

4/26/2019 1:58:21 PM #7

Someone that does this would probably have to make sure and be a very good narrator themselves. They wont have the benefit of having everyone around them talking with voice which makes it easier for the audience to know what is going on around the streamer. With CoE it will all be done in game with text communication. There may be some voice used outside of the game between folks that are working together but all those random encounters that you see with the GTA RP will likely be in text with CoE.

That being said, I too think it has a lot of potential.

4/26/2019 6:25:40 PM #8

I have every intention of being used for my count title and losing it within the first year. I hope streaming my adventures will be fun :)

4/26/2019 7:37:46 PM #9

I fully intend to live stream my exploits as a Pirate and Explorer. Since I plan to play 99% In-Character, those streams will be just like episodes of a show!

I can't wait. It's going to be crazy.

I also do GTA V RP, and I've done a ton of RP in other games. I'm eager to get into Elyria!

4/26/2019 7:54:11 PM #10

Posted By Auralin_Valia at 07:33 AM - Fri Apr 26 2019

I'm thinking about starting jt but God forbid aus gets a decent readily available internet for streaming without breaking my bank lol. Otherwise I'll record episodes if I can think of a way, or perhaps when something is going on in the world I can get friends to record and we can compile it into an actual episode through multiple perspectives

Ah yeah... I have a few Aus friends, they all say internet is often shit down there... Hopefully it'll work out and you won't have to struggle with it to stream!

Posted By Kyleran at 07:38 AM - Fri Apr 26 2019

I'm in....as long as I can role play as a troll living under a bridge.

I was born for this.

Happy Friday

Lmao! Hey, you never know...

Posted By chipla at 07:41 AM - Fri Apr 26 2019

I’m going to use my twitch channel to C-SPAN my demesne’s political meetings. I’m probably going to expand it to the kingdom’s as well.

If mass-combat is interesting I might record battles and then show them at a later date.

Hey! That's actually an interesting idea... And mass combat is a given! Those would be big, history-changing events for Elyria depending on each server. I'd like to see something like that for Luna and the others as well... Considering each server is like an alternate timeline of Elyria and how the world develops, it would be awesome to see videos that cover the story/battles of each server... And how each of those Events change the development of that version of Elyria. War could hinder or speed up development of new technology, timelines are going to vary, era to era, depending on how each server plays out...

Posted By 1mmaculateDeception at 09:58 AM - Fri Apr 26 2019

Someone that does this would probably have to make sure and be a very good narrator themselves. They wont have the benefit of having everyone around them talking with voice which makes it easier for the audience to know what is going on around the streamer. With CoE it will all be done in game with text communication. There may be some voice used outside of the game between folks that are working together but all those random encounters that you see with the GTA RP will likely be in text with CoE.

That being said, I too think it has a lot of potential.

You have a point, but I do hope CoE get's some form of VoIP. However, Important moments like counsel meetings and similar moments could happen on programs like discord or Teamspeak as they act out their character's actions in-game if nothing else...

Posted By Kat5Khaos at 2:25 PM - Fri Apr 26 2019

I have every intention of being used for my count title and losing it within the first year. I hope streaming my adventures will be fun :)

Lol... sadly something like that could happen, but having a higher rank means you'll always have someone out to get you... Imagine each king's troubles once Elyria releases... Hired assassins and whatnot... At least a count won't need to worry about that as regularly (Also depending on their guard and how strong they are)... However, having a higher rank means you'll also get the luxury of seeing more stream-worthy events or interactions during that CoE life... Great way to start things off.

4/26/2019 7:56:44 PM #11

As an Avid rper myself I hope to see this happen! Though not sure how entertaining my streams would be since I intend to be a crafter.

4/26/2019 8:06:43 PM #12

Posted By Vakshna at 3:56 PM - Fri Apr 26 2019

As an Avid rper myself I hope to see this happen! Though not sure how entertaining my streams would be since I intend to be a crafter.

Hey you never know... depending on how your CoE life plays out that year you could end up being a lowly town crafter to a crafter for a Duke or Duchess, maybe even for the king or queen. Something else could also happen and steer that life into a different direction... All that matters is trying... Allow the story to tell itself as you play, you'll get somewhere... Also, people love laid-back streams, get some good, soothing music in the background as you work on your items and talk with your audience and you'll have a great time... they would also keep you company as you work if that day turns out to be rather quiet in-game...