COMMUNITY - FORUMS - THE TAVERN
DND for All - The House of Many Doors

Tryggr Presents : DND 5E - The House of Many Doors

While we wait for CoE there is no reason we cannot have fun playing something together. Many games are being played by our communities, on and offline.
So Tryggr is hosting an open DND for the CoE community. We will be playing DND 5E, and we have set it up so that it is open to all players, and all DM’s.
Whether you are a veteran or completely new to DND, you are welcome to join us. Please hop into the Tryggr discord and request a DND tag for more information.

Or read on:

The House of Many Doors

Somewhere on the planes resides The House of Many Doors. It is the home of a powerful mage. It has many rooms, but one of them is rather… different. It is a grand ballroom. Circular, with many doors, that lead to all places and all planes.The mage who lives there is a mysterious character,who always wears mask and a robe. Those who have been to the house of many doors simply call the mage Mask.

Mask is said to aid adventurers that fall into dimensional doors or enter an unstable portal,or are otherwise lost between planes. Mask sees to it that these unfortunate adventurers are saved, fed and healed. And will even return them from whence they came. But they do require a boon for their services.

To keep the house intact requires energy. This energy comes from crystals. In five different elements. Fire, Air, Water, Earth and Lightning. Mask asks each adventurer they save to aid them by finding a single crystal and giving it to Mask. When they return to Mask with a crystal, Mask sends them to the place and plane of their choosing.

Tho Mask is powerful, they can only approximate the plane and location the crystals exist on. Mask cannot give the exact location. Nor an exact description of what awaits. Adventurers need to deal with the dangers along the way on their own. Or in a party. And considering the dangers, a party is the more sensible option.

There is no getting out of this obligation. When the adventurers first wake in The House of Many Doors they will perceive that they are wearing a pretty new ring. They will realise quickly that it can only be removed by Mask. As long as they wear it, they are under a geis. They must collect the crystals that Mask orders them to collect. At least, the ring gives two boons to the wearer: It will glow ever brighter as they get closer to a crystal, and once a crystal is obtained, they can use the ring to return to the house instantly.

When a player has collected a crystal, they may choose to remain in the Mage’s service for a time. Collecting more crystals. Aiding other adventurers in obtaining theirs. Or they can be sent back from whence they came.

How will we play?

As you may have gathered from the above this DND is not a single campaign. It is instead a series of one shots, run by different DM’s.

As a player you start by creating a single character in DND 5E on roll20.

A DM will announce a date,a time, and an adventure,and set a maximum number of players. Usually between 4-6 characters.

You can join any of these sessions(adventures) you like, and as many or as few as you like. We will work on a first come, first serve basis. Provided your character is the appropriate level for the adventure.

Your character will level up as normal.

Each session will start and end in “The House of Many Doors” This is the space you can use for out of session RP between characters. And the common thread that ties all the adventures together.

The house itself also has a story to tell, this however that will be revealed over time.

More details on how to join in the fun can be found in the discord. Just ping Eltaninsroses or ask for the DND tag.

5/28/2019 4:10:18 PM #1

Love the idea!!! :D

Kernothia

5/28/2019 5:57:21 PM #2

It's always nice to see some community initiatives

Friend Code: 6CC04C

5/28/2019 8:10:47 PM #3

Wonderful idea! I'm looking forward to it!! :-)

Kernothia

5/28/2019 10:35:58 PM #4

Thnx guys!

For anyone reading this who is unsure if they should join because they have never done it before. A lot of the people joining have never played, but always wanted to try. If that applies to you as well. Just take a chance and jump in. We'll happily help you with character creation etc

6/15/2019 8:40:19 PM #5

Session 0 for this setting will be Sunday 16th of june 2019 at 21.00 amsterdam time.

That doesn't mean it's to late to join us. New players and DMs are welcome at the table at any time.

The more the merrier!

6/18/2019 7:04:31 AM #6

Awakening

You wake up, still groggy, or at once alert to a tiny hooded face with glowing eyes looking down at you. Once you look around you, you will notice there are four or five others in what looks to be a comfortable dorm room.Each person is being checked up on in a similar fashion. Once the creatures notice you are awake, they start tugging on your clothes to get you moving.

For some reason you feel compelled to comply to their urging. If you take a moment to consider you notice the insistence is coming from a ring that you were not wearing before. It has a number of tiny crystals embedded on it. Whatever state you were in previously, you feel like you have benefitted from a long uninterrupted restful sleep.

As you enter the hallway you find it filled with more people of every description also being cajolled down the corridor. A peak inside a door or two, show you they were in rooms simalar to your own

The hallway spills out into an open space, with grand double stairs leading up to a balcony. On the balcony overlooking the odd assortment of people, you among them, stands a robed figure wearing a mask.When people stop walking in the robed figure speaks. The voice seems to resound, coming not from a single place, but from all around you.

"Welcome brave adventurers to The House of Many Doors.

I hope you are all well rested and in good health. We have certainly done our part to ensure your wellbeing."

The robed figure motions to the little creatures, that brought you here, as they scurry up the stairs. "My little friends here have tended to you while you slumbered."

"Each of you is here because, for one reason or another, you had a magical mishap. Your transdimensional journey, planned or unplanned should have killed you, or rendered you lost forever. It did not, instead I plucked you from your prediciment and I brought you here. If you'll please follow me, I will explain why."

Reaching the top of stairs a grand circular ballroom is revealed to you. In the middle of the room stands a tall tree. It's branches nearly reaching the sides of the room that encircles it. From it’s branches hang small crystals. Shedding a faint light. The domed ceiling of the ball room looks like a nights sky. Though you do not recognize the constellations. Or at least not all of them.

Ghostly figures, a mixed group not unlike yourself, in all manner of dress, and from all species, waltz around the tree. An invisible orchestra plays eerie music.The little creatures stop on the stairs, at either side, and let you pass. As Mask descends the stairs the ghostly figures seem to dissipate and the music stops. The little creatures pointedly avoid looking at the dancers.

All around the room, the wall is covered with doorways, some single, some double. Some square, some arched. Despite their disparity in appearance they have two things in common. They seem to go straight into a wall. And there is a pair of dull looking orbs on either side of each one.

"This house is my home, and it's many doors lead to all places"

With a gesture of Masks hand all the doors change. The orbs glow with magic and portals to other realms open up. Each doorway showing a different realm.

"Here I reside and aid those that might otherwise have died, but I expect a boon of you in return.”

The doors return to their dormant state and an image is conjured in the air over Mask’s head. It shows five crystal shards. Each in a different hue.

"To keep this house in place and...well powered, for a lack of a better term. I require these crystals. They can be found in each verse, if you but know where to look. The lovely new ring you each wear, holds tiny shards of each of these. Find me the crystals I need, and the ring will come off. And I will return you to your home planes. Or any other plane you may wish to travel to."

"Refuse me and you will spend eternity here, in my service. The geis on these rings cannot be broken. Though some of you might try."

"I know roughly the locations of each of the crystals I wish for you to retrieve. However the dangers you face along the way I do not see. So be weary, and travel in a group of no less than four."

"You are free to explore my house. I am sure it will offer all you require to make your stay pleasant. Should you seek to destroy it however, I will be wrathful."

"Speak to me when you are ready to embark. I shall be available to you. You need but touch the tree and speak my name. For anything else, my small friends, the keepers, will see to your needs."

Mask gestures at the keepers shuffling their feet on the stairs.

So it begins.

The players have started to explore the house and investigate its many rooms and mysteries. Is that statue in the courtyard alive? Does that eye staring from the trapdoor in the store room really belong to a dragon. What is behind the magically locked door with the vine pattern? And what adventured await them retrieving the crystals for Mask

Join us and find out!

6/18/2019 7:05:50 AM #7

Out out of session RP has opened up and we are playing together in the House if Many Doors in between sessions.

To give you a sneak peak, this is what the starting area of the house looks like. Our players are entering the second floor of the house today.

6/26/2019 2:43:02 PM #8

Sofar we have played four sessions and a lot of out of session RP in the house!

Thank you Torako,Drake and Elitevulture for hosting these adventures!

We're starting our 5th adventure on Thursday 27th of June 2019 at 21:00 Amsterdam time.

Session are hosted flexibly, and at different times of day. You can enroll for as many adventures as you like.

Come join the fun

Join us and find out!

7/3/2019 9:22:37 AM #9

Got to say, so far i am loving the House and text based RP.

Also managed to run my 1st ever DM standalone which helps for running a campaign soon.

This was a great idea and much appreciated.

7/3/2019 9:23:59 AM #10

Heard there were some hilarious drama that happened in text-rp.

The oneshots have been fun for both new and experienced so far. :)

7/15/2019 10:52:19 PM #11

Thanks! I am glad everyone is having fun!

We're having multiple sessions a week at the moment! If you want to join us for some DnD please do!

7/16/2019 4:30:23 AM #12

Sadly I am just seeing this thread... D&D... been over 30 years since I played/DMed... Please Please post the adventures, both from the DM and player perspective here for my (umm "our") reading enjoyment. All details, what players are carrying to how they solved a riddle to their level and beasts they've encountered. Thank you in advance.

Doing the math... lets call it 30 years and not ask to many questions...

7/23/2019 10:32:45 PM #13

@veteran

Or you could come and join the fun, as either a player, or a DM, or both, and join us for the in between session RP in the house of many doors!

8/6/2019 10:44:26 AM #14

For those of us who are reading and are on the fence. Please hop in, it's easy to get into and a lot of fun!

1/8/2020 12:17:15 PM #15

I enjoy this so much,

Also quick note, I am doing a level 1 run on Monday 13th so plenty of time to get signed up and come

Forgot to mentioned we are new player friendly as well and have 4 or 5 DMs that can help you get set up and we can walk you through your first adventure out