COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
Server Selection deadline extended!

Good day Elyrians,

As we mentioned in the original Domain and Settlement Selection announcement post, players had until April 22nd, 2019 to select their primary server or they would have to wait until D&SS was over to choose their property. We feel that it is important that players select a primary server before calculating their domain pick time, in the interests of fairness. This ensures that all players involved in the picking process are committed to their choices. Players that do not wish to select a primary server at this time will be able to pick their domains at the end of the process, after players with server selections have made their choices.

Since the launch of the event has been delayed, it made sense to us to extend the cutoff date for land title holders who have since chosen their primary server to participate during the event. To be clear we are extending the deadline to have selected your primary server to the day when we announce the new start date of Domain and Settlement Selection.

Additionally, it is important to point out that by including anyone who missed the original cutoff or any new title holders, your specific start time will not be affected. The number of people who will be added to the existing pools of players will not increase in any significant way nor will it cause you to have to choose later.

Lastly, we hope this change is beneficial to players who missed the original cutoff date and want to participate during D&SS.

If you have any questions about this change, please reply to this thread or email us at [email protected].

Note: For anyone who has set a primary server and wishes to change, it is not possible to change the server that your titles and other character rewards are bound to at this time. This policy does not affect or provide any support for that specific request.

As always,

More to come!

"Stupid questions make more sense than stupid mistakes."

5/30/2019 10:50:14 PM #1

Sounds great. :D

5/30/2019 10:52:41 PM #2

So it won't affect your starting time but it most likely affects how much total time you have doesn't it? If someone between duke A and duke B selects a server and has influence higher than duke B, than this Duke C means that A has less time between him and B to pick. I just wanted to bring that up so everyone was on the same page if this is how that works.

I don't know anymore.

5/30/2019 10:56:10 PM #3

Sounds Meh, I rather would read a certain date for D&SS. The endless waiting is really bothering me.

5/30/2019 10:59:09 PM #4

Trying to move from NA-W to EU but it will not let me, has this started yet or am I a bit early?

Ovand Fireforge -Smith

5/30/2019 11:03:30 PM #5

Posted By Ovand Fireforge at 5:59 PM - Thu May 30 2019

Trying to move from NA-W to EU but it will not let me, has this started yet or am I a bit early?

Posted By Serpentius

Note: For anyone who has set a primary server and wishes to change, it is not possible to change the server that your titles and other character rewards are bound to at this time. This policy does not affect or provide any support for that specific request.

As always,

More to come!

It's not possible to switch servers if you've already picked one.

5/30/2019 11:08:09 PM #6

Posted By Ovand Fireforge at 08:59 AM - Fri May 31 2019

Server selection is to select a server. It is then locked in and cannot be changed. There was a confirmation warning stating this when selecting.

5/30/2019 11:09:17 PM #7

Posted By Serpentius at

Additionally, it is important to point out that by including anyone who missed the original cutoff or any new title holders, your specific start time will not be affected. The number of people who will be added to the existing pools of players will not increase in any significant way nor will it cause you to have to choose later.

So, if I’m interpreting correctly, DSS pick start times will not change for anyone already locked?

This would imply that global start times are not recalculated based on the new population, which should be good news for anyone who has already spent money with the intent of “moving up” their pick time.

5/30/2019 11:10:33 PM #8

Posted By Huntsmaster at 4:09 PM - Thu May 30 2019

So, if I’m interpreting correctly, DSS pick start times will not change for anyone already locked.

This would imply that global start times are not recalculated based on the new population, which should be good news for anyone who has already spent money with the intent of “moving up” their pick time.

That is correct. People will join in with a start time appropriate to their influence, same as if they had a server selected on time and claimed their title after the timers came out.

5/30/2019 11:25:21 PM #9

I feel stupid where do I click to choose the server?

5/30/2019 11:30:54 PM #10

Posted By Barbarous_Usage at 4:25 PM - Thu May 30 2019

I feel stupid where do I click to choose the server?

You can find step by step instruction in the roll out post here:

https://chroniclesofelyria.com/forum/topic/29347/server-selection-starts-november-19th

5/30/2019 11:39:54 PM #11

Posted By Barbarous_Usage at 6:25 PM - Thu May 30 2019

where do I click to choose the server?

On your account page: https://chroniclesofelyria.com/account

Right side, near the top, just below your Influence Points.

5/31/2019 12:08:25 AM #12

thank you both! - it was not apparent if you did not know

5/31/2019 12:29:22 AM #13

So now that kingdoms have been locked in anyone waiting to see where pieces fell can now select their server and pick during DSS? While anyone who played by established rules and locked in before knowing where kingdoms were can't change based off of the new DSS information? Seems like anyone who didn't lock in just got themselves a nice information advantage.

5/31/2019 12:53:22 AM #14

Feels bad knowing that if I had ignored the hassling to hurry and pick a server before the set date I would have been able to pick the server that's best for me rather than a hasty choice before kingdoms were even decided. 😢

The one and only Capital K. Looking to have tons of fun and build communities with lots of fun people!

5/31/2019 2:10:55 AM #15

What are you both, Nubz/Unseenblade talking about? Kingdoms were locked into the servers months back. They were the first to get locked in. As can be seen by this thread.

I suppose someone not reading any news post maybe this was a surprised. But anyone even keeping a bit up. Knew where the kingdoms were going.