COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
What's your plan if you get lost?

If you or you and a friend, find that you have wondered off too far from the nearest settlement and all you can see is wilderness all around you. What is your plan?

The Keshi family, is intend on bringing democracy and economic stability to Elyria.

6/25/2019 3:12:32 PM #16

The plan is: use a map. :)

Hopefully, Elyrian cartographers are more efficient in the construction of maps than our beloved game studio. XD

6/25/2019 3:51:31 PM #17

Hop in voice chat and try to organize a search party for my own character

6/25/2019 4:32:39 PM #18

Go in a straight line until I hit some geography (or a road) I can use to orient myself or that will probably guide me to a settlement.

6/25/2019 5:37:30 PM #19

Find stream find a river find the coast then find a settlement or a fishing boat

6/25/2019 6:43:18 PM #20

Popular question :O

Personally, when scouting areas you don't know, or exploring inside of an area where you can get lost, a common thing to have to help you find your way is called a panic azimuth.

Basically what it boils down to is you have 1 direction that absolutely no matter what if you head that direction you will hit something familiar. The most common thing being a major roadway or river.

So if a major road in game runs north/south and you are east of the road, you know that no matter where you are, if you head west you will hit that road. Find west using the sun, or landmarks and worst case you can always find that road. :D

6/25/2019 7:05:36 PM #21

Posted By Labbe at 1:43 PM - Tue Jun 25 2019

Popular question :O

Personally, when scouting areas you don't know, or exploring inside of an area where you can get lost, a common thing to have to help you find your way is called a panic azimuth.

Basically what it boils down to is you have 1 direction that absolutely no matter what if you head that direction you will hit something familiar. The most common thing being a major roadway or river.

So if a major road in game runs north/south and you are east of the road, you know that no matter where you are, if you head west you will hit that road. Find west using the sun, or landmarks and worst case you can always find that road. :D

^^ This.

6/25/2019 10:11:07 PM #22

Just hope you're not lost somewhere on a cloudy day or in a dense forest where seeing off into the distance isn't possible. I'd pack a compass myself. If you can find one and afford it.