COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
Characters per Account

Assuming you have multiple souls and sparks of life, how many characters can you have active on the same account at the same time? Assuming it's more than one, can they interact, one as an active character and the other as an OPC following a script?

8/24/2019 1:00:42 AM #1

You're able to have as many active, as you have souls and sparks (They have discussed limiting it per server, but at this time there is nothing definitive.)

Unless you're asking like "Multiboxing"

The answer is only 1.

8/24/2019 1:15:15 AM #2

What is multi boxing?

Say I have three souls and three sparks. Can I activate all of the souls at once. Can an active character interact with an inactive character (following an OPC script)? Are such interactions what you mean by "multi boxing"?

8/24/2019 1:33:19 AM #3

Posted By Contrarion at 6:15 PM - Fri Aug 23 2019

What is multi boxing?

Say I have three souls and three sparks. Can I activate all of the souls at once. Can an active character interact with an inactive character (following an OPC script)? Are such interactions what you mean by "multi boxing"?

Interacting with an OPC is the same as an NPC, except the difference is the parameters you set on that soul, like what you want it to spend its time doing

Multiboxing is having multiple instances of the game open at the same time, which is against ToS

Edit: multiboxing has nothing to do with OPCs by the way, two entirely unrelated concepts

Mayor of Gartalia, A short distance south of the Holy Capital of Victrovia, Melonia - Friend Code: 464345

8/24/2019 1:46:21 AM #4

Posted By VioletWinterlynn at 9:00 PM - Fri Aug 23 2019

You're able to have as many active, as you have souls and sparks

Unless you're asking like "Multiboxing"

The answer is only 1.

I am pretty sure this is false, I seem to remember in Discord Caspian mentioning they might limit to one account, 3 to 5 active souls at a time.

I am looking for a quote, but I can not find it at the moment, if I find it, I will add to this comment.

8/24/2019 1:47:01 AM #5

Might, per server, and was a while ago. :P (also was on discord, which is unofficial)

8/24/2019 1:58:13 AM #6

As far as i know a limit has not been specified, though there will certainly be one. All mmo's have some kind of character limit per server. Some might have a limit a 10 and some have limits of like 50.

I imagine the limit for coe will be lower then normal (maybe 5 or 10 who knows) because of how people can use opc's.

letting people buy an unlimited amount of sparks and souls would allow someone to take over a bunch of npc's and then having the opc's set up to basically work as slave labor for your main, this would really be seen as pay to win.

10/8/2019 9:15:08 PM #7

Yes i agree, but on the other hand.. if u have a noble or important person as a main character and u have a second spark and soul to make an bodyguard for example that you could run on opc.. that could be fair play :D

"In between wrong doing ...&... right doing. There is a ...field... Let's meet over there" - Rumi

10/8/2019 9:22:49 PM #8

Posted By Steevo at 9:58 PM - Fri Aug 23 2019

letting people buy an unlimited amount of sparks and souls would allow someone to take over a bunch of npc's and then having the opc's set up to basically work as slave labor for your main, this would really be seen as pay to win.

I have 26 sparks from the Lost Vault event, so I don't think the number of sparks impacts what you are referring to. Souls would effect what you are referencing.

10/9/2019 2:29:17 AM #9

I never saw the final decision on having more than one game client open at once per machine. A link would be nice there. If it does not allow multi-boxing, they will simply use a laptop next to the desktop for the second account.

Many people will be playing with others in the house, as husband and wife gaming side by side like me and my other half do, or parents and kids, multiple kids, etc. Having multiple accounts connected at the same time from the same connection will be quite common.

As for total characters, I would be shocked if it ended up being less than 6. Many accounts have 2 soul packs due to an event, and each soul can have 1 character. It would be odd to have the limit set less than the number of souls you already have.

10/9/2019 4:17:31 AM #10

Multiboxing on different computers using different accounts on each server will be rather difficult to enforce. It could be attempted by examining IP addresses, looking for identical home router addresses, but this will yield false positives for multiple RL family members, etc., playing the game. That is not a practice that I would want to discourage, if I were SBS.

The biggest obstacle to effective multiboxing will be the problem of driving multiple characters simultaneously.

The biggest drawback to using OPCs as assistants to a PC is that the OPCs do not derive any character progression benefits from it. It will be possible and beneficial, but the assistants will need substantial "PC time" from the player to keep up with the potential competition (especially important for bodyguards, IMO).