COMMUNITY - FORUMS - LUNA GENERAL
A New Count Looking for a Home

Hello fellow Mann. I am looking for a place to call home. I have had a Mayor title for the longest time, but noticed a count upgrade available and bought into it right away. I am looking for a coastal county to call home. If anyone has any suggestions please let me know!

Thank you!

9/6/2019 4:08:13 AM #1

Best bet is to look around the DSS map and start reaching out to the various kingdoms and duchies that have places you're interested in. That is very important because some places are taking a very hostile stance to random people claiming land without getting permission first.

9/6/2019 4:12:21 AM #2

go to a vornairian duke perhaps and ask if they have space open for counts interested in coastal lands

9/6/2019 4:12:34 AM #3

You are on Luna? I'm so sorry.

Count of Frostale, in the Duchy of Fioralba, in the Kingdom of Ashland, by the Grace of Haven. The above opinions are mine alone and do not reflect those of my Kingdom or Duchy.

https://chroniclesofelyria.com/forum/topic/17117/naw-the-duchy-of-fioralba https://chroniclesofelyria.com/forum/topic/14124/naw-kingdom-of-ashland https://chroniclesofelyria.com/forum/topic/30605/of-contracts-and-commerce-a-tldnr-post https://chroniclesofelyria.com/forum/topic/31835/on-taxes-rents-and-ancestral-lands

9/6/2019 4:13:27 AM #4

or you could go down to fortuna and ask around for where people aren't already planning to place and settle as a rando amongst randos

9/6/2019 4:32:26 AM #5

Fortuna is the best tuna

9/6/2019 4:50:06 AM #6

Posted By Brudvir_Stronk at 12:12 AM - Fri Sep 06 2019

go to a vornairian duke perhaps and ask if they have space open for counts interested in coastal lands

Careful.... it's a trap!!!

Bad news from what I've read here recently is most of the coastal properties have been "claimed" or divied up by those who have been very active in Discord and the forums to date.

I read in Vornair they have a few interior counties they are willing to negotiate with.

Whatever you do, don't just select a county at random without contacting the other leaders or you can expect your neighbors to launch a full on assault to remove you come game launch.

Well, unless of course you might enjoy stirring the pot a bit, what the heck, they'll have at least three or four more years before launch to get over it.

😁

You must all be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to get angry. JAMES 1:19 NLT

9/6/2019 7:05:17 AM #7

See what tribes, biomes and professions you like, then approach the Kingdoms that have them.

Seneschal for the Hrothi County of Iskar, Recruiter for the Duchy of Aritaur

https://discord.gg/qRQ3Zj6

9/6/2019 8:47:14 AM #8

Posted By Mirglok at

Hello fellow Mann. I am looking for a place to call home. I have had a Mayor title for the longest time, but noticed a count upgrade available and bought into it right away. I am looking for a coastal county to call home. If anyone has any suggestions please let me know!

Thank you!

Fortuna is a good place and we will all help you if we can.

Count Weylyn of Vit Kanin. Friend code B7D0EF

9/6/2019 12:24:33 PM #9

Posted By Kyleran at 11:50 PM - Thu Sep 05 2019

Posted By Brudvir_Stronk at 12:12 AM - Fri Sep 06 2019

Careful.... it's a trap!!!

Bad news from what I've read here recently is most of the coastal properties have been "claimed" or divied up by those who have been very active in Discord and the forums to date.

I read in Vornair they have a few interior counties they are willing to negotiate with.

Whatever you do, don't just select a county at random without contacting the other leaders or you can expect your neighbors to launch a full on assault to remove you come game launch.

Well, unless of course you might enjoy stirring the pot a bit, what the heck, they'll have at least three or four more years before launch to get over it.

😁

This must be only in select duchies in Vornair... the Rhynelands has plenty of openings including coastal ones.

9/6/2019 12:36:25 PM #10

As a Mayor-to-Count upgrade, most of the Counties will already be picked by the time you get an opportunity, so much of the potential drama of "sniping" a County from someone else will not be an issue. That being said, look at the maps and determine what sort of play-style you're looking for in this game.

Its already obvious that different Kingdoms will operate much differently than others; on Luna, Vornair will have a tighter Kingdom-wide community, while Fortuna will be more of a "choose your own adventure" sort of experience, with the other Kingdoms falling somewhere in between these extremes.

Good luck!

Rogallaig - Friend code: A7F364

9/7/2019 1:02:11 AM #11

id say your best bet is in fortuna. the other kingdoms are pretty much spoken for. and that is especially the case for coastal counties. i can tell you my duchy is high ip counts that will be taking the entire coast for example

9/7/2019 2:01:28 AM #12

Fortuna is a trap unless you're trying to go solo without a community to support you.

I would start just looking through the Domains list at the Kingdoms, the Confederation, and the Duchies. Once you find one that aligns with what you want to do, reach out to them on the forums or their discord. If they don't have space for you, they can probably point you to someone that does.

Anyone who thinks all the other Kingdoms are full don't know any better than you do.

9/7/2019 4:55:18 AM #13

Thank you everyone for your input!

9/7/2019 2:35:47 PM #14

if you want to be Brudvir, you can reach out to Duke Balen Bälen#3333 on discord, i think Erzhalden might have an unclaimed coastal county. no promises on that though.

Good luck finding what you are looking for!

9/7/2019 3:40:20 PM #15

Howdy!

Contrary to what a previous poster said, Fortuna is not a 'trap' and has a fairly quickly growing population. While we are definitely more spread out in terms of players, as we didn't start growing until recently, we have a lot of people willing to help you grow, and with our actual organization being put up after D&SS (allegedly), you'll see a fairly explosive growth of individuals coming in as the game itself also gains popularity.

If you seek an existing, thriving community, your best bet is to look at one of the various other Kingdoms and talk to them and see if anyone would be willing to have a Mayor - plenty no doubt will!

If you seek a community that's just now expanding and gaining traction after waiting to see what the game would be like, and want a more tight knit group of people, you'll probably like Fortuna.

If you'd like, I can give you a more in-depth discussion about the pros and cons of Fortuna vs other Kingdoms over Discord; my tag is Victorious#0001 - Feel free to add me / drop me a message!