COMMUNITY - FORUMS - THE TAVERN
Please Stop

Not sure where the best place to post this is, so I'll try here..

Ok, I don't know who you are or if you are targeting me or just doing this randomly - but can you kindly stop auto-down-voting every single topic I make the instant I make it?

I post a topic, hit refresh and boom, -1. Not even time to read it. This is the 6th time in a row now. It's seriously a dick thing to do. If you have something against me, personally then just come out and say what it is. Don't just go around auto down voting every topic/post I make.

Through the travail of ages, midst the pomp and toil of war have I fought and strove and perished countless times before So as through a glass, darkly, the age old strife I see - for I've fought in many guises, many names, but always me.

9/13/2019 5:35:51 PM #1

There's a lot of people in these forums that like to downvote people because it makes their willy a little less soft.

I'm not sure if it's some sort of script of if it's just some of the basement trolls watching the new posts and hitting you.

I know that anything that is even remotely negative towards Jeremy, SBS, or the state of things is almost sure to get the downvote trolls in a tizzy.

I for one upvoted your post.

The Township of Bris, County Delgora. Friend Code B2CF9C Friend Code B2CF9C

9/13/2019 7:06:38 PM #2

Telling the internet to stop doing something is pretty begging them to do just that. At the end of the day, it's just a number that will mean nothing in the long run of the game. I'll even downvote myself.

9/13/2019 7:15:46 PM #3

Downvoted just for the silliness of asking trolls to stop trolling... also, don't worry about it. Live your life, the upvotes and downvotes have absolutely no meaning on these forums.

9/13/2019 7:22:45 PM #4

You just made a horrible mistake. You admitted it bothered you. Who cares if they downvote you? I don't even pay attention to downvotes. Only actual words.

9/13/2019 7:34:52 PM #5

Posted By Dekul at 4:15 PM - Fri Sep 13 2019

Downvoted just for the silliness of asking trolls to stop trolling... also, don't worry about it. Live your life, the upvotes and downvotes have absolutely no meaning on these forums.

in fact it does, if you are planting a point of view on something seeing the downvote on that point of view actually suggest people that the thing you are saying is crap or stupid, even if it is no, is normal, human tends to go with the trend.

PD: i am not reptilian

9/13/2019 7:47:22 PM #6

Surely there could be some way of introducing karma. If you downvote every single post you see, your profile would receive low karma and eventually be limited in posting. Bravo.

Count Bergr Iðjumaðr and Co. reporting in.

If you're interested in setting up in a naval settlement focused on trade and shipbuilding, hit me up. I'll try to accommodate as many professions as possible, so if there's a certain profession you're interested in, I'll try to provide a kit for you to get started. Be quick, though - I'm only buying one of each kit, and I'll be investing in 15-20 different professions... hit me up.

9/13/2019 8:04:34 PM #7

Simplest way, suggested several times before as long as two years ago.Make the results of like/dislike voting visible only to devs

Devs still get to see the metrics of which topic is hot or not and at the same time it castrates the trolls though is that even possible if they lack genitalia in the first place?

9/13/2019 8:10:29 PM #8

Pham, some of your posts are downvote worthy, so just look at it as such and realize that is what it's for. Some of the downvotes are from people being pricks and downvoting because they just want to lash out at someone (just had some people admit that, so not assuming). Some people are doing it because they have no understanding or compassion and can't view it from someone else' point of view...and lots of other reasons. Just view what they are doing and ask if it's valid or not. If it's not valid, recognize it as such and move on. As hard as it is to deal with sometimes, there will always be people that can't deal with others nicely.

-The largest cause of war is selfishness. The hardest thing to achieve in life is mutual selflessness.

Friend Code CD4DE7

9/13/2019 8:16:25 PM #9

Posted By RedDoggybone at 3:22 PM - Fri Sep 13 2019

You just made a horrible mistake. You admitted it bothered you. Who cares if they downvote you? I don't even pay attention to downvotes. Only actual words.

Total fail, you just admitted actual words bother you....

Those living under the bridge grin malevolently.

😈

You must all be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to get angry. JAMES 1:19 NLT

9/13/2019 8:24:28 PM #10

And sometimes it has nothing to do with being nice, accommodating, understanding, or compassionate and it has everything to do with the reader finding no value or merit in what a post is about and a down-vote is the simplest way to reflect that without getting drawn into a pointless debate.

Regardless, I agree that the presence of up and down voting for forum posts adds an unnecessary level of politics and that some folks may place too much value on whether other internet denizens validate their words and thoughts.

...then again, maybe someone who is being down-voted so heavily may come to realize that this sort of thing is part and parcel of posting silly, wrong, or even just unpopular opinions.

9/13/2019 8:31:44 PM #11

I down voted you just now because feelings dont belong here.

9/13/2019 8:54:00 PM #12

Aye, ya gotta see this positively; you’ve got a first follower! Don’t care about the downvotes, but appreciate the company!

Who wants to be everybody’s darling anyways. Dislikes don’t even tell the whole story. You know, you could have like, well a big bad -50 score on your post, but what does that mean really? A hundred disagreed, but another 50 are on your side? See, it’s nearly meaningless.

Who and what you should care about, are the people taking the time to answer to your post and thus making a healthy discussion possible. Wether they agree or disagree, always show respect and appreciation to those willing to invest time into your thoughts.

You’ll gain much more from that, than from some number increasing, so you won’t even care, should that drop right into abyss, as long as you can have a bit of chit chat on your way down.

Cheerio!

9/13/2019 9:30:34 PM #13

Posted By Kyleran at 4:16 PM - Fri Sep 13 2019

😈

If you choose to take it that way. And we all know who one of the people who downvoted the OP was now too don't we. LOL.

9/13/2019 10:59:15 PM #14

Posted By RedDoggybone at 5:30 PM - Fri Sep 13 2019

Posted By Kyleran at 4:16 PM - Fri Sep 13 2019

😈

If you choose to take it that way. And we all know who one of the people who downvoted the OP was now too don't we. LOL.

Well, you know, fish in a barrel and all that.

😁

You must all be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to get angry. JAMES 1:19 NLT

9/13/2019 11:22:05 PM #15

Thanks, everyone, for showing me what a classy, positive community we have here.

Through the travail of ages, midst the pomp and toil of war have I fought and strove and perished countless times before So as through a glass, darkly, the age old strife I see - for I've fought in many guises, many names, but always me.