COMMUNITY - FORUMS - LUNA DOMAINS
Jungle County - 5 Mayor/Baron slots

"Welcome to the jungle, we've got fun and games" A little background first...

Stormdell County (renamed Kheg County) is located within Galladorn Duchy of the newly formed Solaris Confederation. 4 counties broke away from the Kingdom of Kairos on Sept. 3, 2019.

Solaris-Confederation.jpg

When the game launches for service, the confederation expects to revolt and officially break away from Kairos rule. This new kingdom...I don't know if it actually should be called a kingdom then since it won't have a king or queen as it's ruler. It will be run by a board of 3 dukes and a duchess. Regardless, confederation or kingdom, it won't be a war mongering society. It will try to use diplomacy to get what it needs and only resort to PvP when all diplomatic avenues have been exhausted.

Located in the tropical rainforest, the Duchy of Galladorn is run by Boxman. The remaining two “dukeless” jungle duchies of Kairos can be expected to turn once they are purchased. After all, they are cut off from their kingdom and are completely surrounded. Their position both physically and politically, has to be a great motivator to join the revolt.

Stormdell County (Kheg Co.) consists of these six settlements:

Kheg-Cnty-Settlements.jpg

• Town of Parkboulder (renamed Khegport). This is the county seat. Although it is listed with hunting as the primary industry, I expect to turn it into an educational & construction town. The educational aspect would be focused on construction. Mainly engineering, architecture and surveying. Masonry and carpentry are also desired and I suspect that brick laying is in our future.

Unselected settlements so far are:

1. Town of Bucketward - a mining town. A road leading to the county seat of Khegport will be built during exposition. This same road will intersect with a new road leading across the river to the village of Updown. With a couple of quarry towns just on the other side of the county line, I plan to make Bucketward a stone depot.

2. Village of Updown – a forestry village. A road leading across the river can be expected during exposition in addition to a road leading to Oakale.

3. Hamlet of Freerock - a hunting hamlet. A more direct road leading toward Oakale will be build during exposition.

4. Hamlet of New Beck – a hunting hamlet. I hope to connect New Beck to the neighboring counties to the west and the south. I haven't had time to coordinate this with these counts yet. I also envision a road leading along the western bank of the southern branch of the river from Parkboulder (Khegport) to New Beck. This road would be for the transfer of boat cargo from Parkboulder (Khegport) to the neighboring county's river port to the south. New Beck would not only be a port for barge traffic, but also a cargo housing/transfer hub that would include cargo from boats that couldn't make it down the shallow river. Another thing to point out about New Beck is that it is the closest settlement in Stormdell County (Kheg Co.) to the confederation's trade capital of Melleuencora which is only two counties away. I hope to see that a road runs to this capital with the intersection being located in close proximity to New Beck.

5. Hamlet of Oakale – a hunting hamlet. A road will be built leading north into the neighboring county. This county is what I call a triome because it sits at the intersection of 3 biomes and therefore would have a much wider variety of items in the area. I'd like to take advantage of this and a new road leading north near Oakale would be perfect.

All settlements are ranked at least average when it comes to wealth and at least six blue squares when it comes to self sustainability.

Somethings outside of Stormdell County that might help you make a decision:

• You can expect this county to be heavy into river commerce. In fact a special road will be built to transfer cargo from our river to the river in the adjacent county to the south. I hope to have these rivers and linking road patrolled by it's own specialized marine patrol.
  • The neighboring County of Darkal has a couple of quarry towns very close to our boarder.
  • Neighboring Darkal has a fort.
  • There is also a couple of logging settlements next to our other boarders.
  • The confederation's trade hub is in proximity.

Come rumble in the jungle of Kheg Khounty.

Flags: D-S-Flags-August2019.jpg

From the desk of our duke:

For those of you choosing to become a baron, please read on and pay close attention to the bold italicized text. This is what our duke expects of you barons so it in turn is what I, the count, hope you will comply with and strive to excel at since we will be following this outline. I only received this very recently so I haven't had a chance to ask the duke any questions of which I have many of. I'm just copy/pasting it to give you and idea of what to expect.

Intro:

The protective body of the Duchy acting as both sword and shield. The Praetor are not only soldiers but also peace officers, administrators, investigators, and circuit judges. Its ranks are made up of those able and willing to act in the best interest of the Duchy as well as the protection and prosperity of its citizens.

Duke:

The Duke is the leader of the praetor and empowers the branches to carry out their duty. Positions of leadership are established and/or affirmed by the Duke after haven proven their worth in the Dalgorn. Likewise laws and military actions are established and/or confirmed by the Duke.

Master of Battle-

The General of the Army, responsible for the military training academies, coordinating with the Barons, raising the army, and securing the boarders. Answering only to the Duke this position sits on the duchy’s ministry.

Enforcer of Law-

The High Judge of Galladorn, responsible for both creating and enforcement of the duchy’s laws. Commander of the Sentinels, this position is responsible for proper education and application of the law.

Barons:

Pledged to the Duke directly, each Baron is assigned a specific area and act as the Aegis regional commander. Their responsibilities include the protection, law enforcement, tax collection, and other various duties within the region. They work closely with the areas Counts to address concerns and protection needs. The regions peace officers, administrators, and judges report to the Baron.

Divisions:
Praetor Militarium (militum)-

Both sword and shield of the Duchy. Made up of those men and women that have proven themselves competent in battle and willing to put themselves in danger for the people. Commanded by the Master of Battle.

Praetor Magisterium-

The circuit judges and peace officers of the Duchy. During times of peace these individuals ensure the smooth day to day operations. Law enforcement, adjudication, and resolution of different situations is their purview. Commanded by the Enforcer of Law.

Dalgorn:

The Dalgorn is a series of games, hunts, and competitions sponsored by the Duke to allow each citizen to prove themselves to the community. While the overall event can easily be seen as more of a festival the underlying truth is that those who choose to take part will be forced to their physical and mental breaking point. If they succeed in the Dalgorn they are praised as the worthiest in the community and can achieve greater ranks and duties within the Praetor or the Duchy itself.

Heiarchy Diagram

• Duke
  • Master of Battle/The General of the Army
  • Barons
  • Enforcer of Law - aka the High Judge of Galladorn, Commander of the Sentinels
  • Sentinels

Here is a link to the Galladorn Duchy Discord: https://discordapp.com/channels/517572194935504898/517572194935504900

About our duke, Boxman. I've only known him about three weeks myself. I was a searching for a duchy to set my county in and got recruited into his. I found him to be extremely intelligent and approachable. He is very mature and absolutely possesses leadership ability and does it with a humanistic approach. He's driven to make not only his duchy succeed, but now being ¼ of the board of which the Solaris Confederation will operate under, he is just as driven to make it prosper as well. He runs a gaming group and as you might imagine some of it's members are fellow counts in his duchy. They are a tight nit group and very welcoming to outsiders.

As for me, my background is clerical and data related. What I want most from this game is to nurture a location and watch it grow over time so the thought of being a count intrigued me from the get-go.

Kheg-Fourm-banner-Solaris-Confed.jpg Link to recruitment post If you meet me, have some courtesy, have some sympathy and some taste.
Use all your well-learned politesse or I'll lay your soul to waste.