COMMUNITY - FORUMS - OCEANUS DOMAINS
[OCEANUS] Duchy of Astelis

THE DUCHY OF ASTELIS

Intro:

The duchy of Astelis is at the heart of what was once the great empire of Carpentaria. Carpentaria spanned most of the known world, however was ultimately torn asunder by internal strife.

Duchy Description:

Duchy Location:

Spanning the rolling heartland and mixed forests of the Neran, through to the mountains and broadleaf forests of the Kypiq, Astelis has you covered. We have more coasts, rivers, and forests than you could poke a stick at. This double Duchy has room for the whole family, with enough varied land types to offer everyone an individual touch of home.

Astelis is home to the brightest minds and the most historic education centres on the continent, due to its Neran and Kypiq heritage.

The sigil of Astelis is an ironwood tree, growing from the centre of a fortress. It represents the unity of the people of Astelis and their willingness to defend their homeland with force, ingenuity, and lateral thinking when necessary.

County Location:

Kala Vos Mordrak is one of the central counties in the heart of Astelis. It has a vibrant mix of Neran and Kypiq cultures, and is an advantageous place from which to trade and govern a duchy.

Capital Location:

Mordrak is the crown jewel of Astelis, it is the seat of power from which Kalgos governs his Duchy. Nestled between two rivers and the coast, this city has a defensible position while also offering excellent trade potential.

The Duke:

Kalgos Ebonheart is the Duke of Astelis. He proudly bears the name of his ancestor, Kalgos Valandress, the former ruler of Carpentaria. A student of architecture, he is an inventor with a keen appreciation of both the scientific approach and the magical arts. He takes a deep interest in those who work to meld the two together at the great universities of Mordrak, the capital of his grand duchy.

The man behind the Duke:

Hello there. I’m Tim, welcome to our game!

I have been around for 28 years, give or take a few months, and am in a long term relationship (sorry ladies, your Duke has a Duchess). I retired from the Army a few years ago, and am currently working in security while I continue to expand my mind studying.

I have been gaming for as long as I can remember. It started with Super Mario Land on that old brick of a Game Boy. These days I am primarily on computer, with a splash of Nintendo DS while on breaks. Mainly I play RPG’s, MMO’s, and Strategy games, however recently I have also been playing a few Kingdom and City Builders. I am also a keen Role Player, D&D and Paranoia are my favourites.

I have great faith in the Chronicles of Elyria game and Soulbound Studios. I believe in them so strongly that I have heavily invested financially, and emotionally, in this game. I was one of the first to jump in at Monarch level for the Kickstarter (however in game I am only interested in being a Duke). I genuinely just want to build the best Duchy possible for my realm.

The Community:

Thus far most members of this community are friends, family, and guild members from our various online communities. We are all working towards the common goal of building the most amazing, most chill Duchy we possibly can.

Duchy Goals:

Short Term

Stability. In my realm that means walls, guard towers, barracks, and drilling yards for as many towns as possible.

Commerce. The real world runs on money, I don't see Elyria being any different. Trade, resource production, and gathering are a must. Also supporting the flow of traffic between villages and cities, requiring roads and water distribution (this also ties into stability).

Area Knowledge. Funding scouting and geographical studies of the Duchy. The maps we start with will be accurate to a degree, however this is a game where players will be able to shape the land around them. There is also a vast wilderness of unknown terrain for us to explore. My plan is to accumulate as much information about our Duchy as possible, and then distribute updated maps accordingly.

Long Term

Here is where everyone else goes on some long winded speech about becoming the best (insert name here) ever. You’ve heard it all before, right?

My long term goal is simple, keep our Duchy running for as long as possible. If after twelve months our villages are still getting food, water, and being protected I will be ecstatic.

So what do you say? Are you with me?

I said, ARE YOU WITH ME?!

[Duchy discord] (https://discord.gg/WjT5TSE)

[Tylsia discord] (https://discord.gg/PXau95g)

Backer number 1015

10/1/2019 11:15:18 AM #1

reserved

Backer number 1015

10/1/2019 11:15:36 AM #2

reserved

Backer number 1015

10/1/2019 11:30:41 AM #3

I am not Duke Kalgos but I would just like to point out that Duke Kalgos is a very cool guy and is definitely the sort of guy that you would like to have as your Duke.

I am not Duke Kalgos

FEAR NO DARKNESS

10/2/2019 2:51:41 AM #4

Well done Kalgos. Also, I personally appreciate the references to Carpentaria in lore. Some OCE history right there :)

12/15/2019 12:23:17 PM #5

home to one of the OtterBear trading guild Mordrak branch find our forum post here, https://chroniclesofelyria.com/forum/topic/34229/the-otterbear-trading-guild