COMMUNITY - FORUMS - REPORT A BUG
[Sticky] Merchandise store issues - Oct 11, 2019

Hello everyone,

Some of you have been experiencing intermittent issues with our online store over the last 24 hours, and we figure out what happened.

After contacting Xsolla, they sent us this a while later:

Oct 11, 3:35 PM +05 Hello, Yesterday we moved to the new DNS server, therefore some >customers may face related issues (our payment page might not to >open, etc.) - in this case please ask them to clear DNS cache, or try >the payment later (within 2 days they will be able to pay for sure).

So if you are experiencing a blue spinning circle or are unable to access the payment gateway, please try clearing your DNS cache.

How to clear DNS on Windows:

1. Go to start
  2. Type CMD or Command, run program that is called "Command Prompt"
  3. Type in "ipconfig /flushdns" (there is a space after ipconfig)
  4. Exit
  5. Reopen browser and try again

How to clear DNS on MacOS:

1. Go to Applications -> Utilities -> Terminal
  2. Type the following command and press Enter:
    • Mac OS X Yosemite and later: sudo killall -HUP mDNSResponder
    • Mac OS X Yosemite v10.10 through v10.10.3: sudo discoveryutil mdnsflushcache
    • Mac OS X Maverick, Mountain Lion and Lion: sudo killall -HUP mDNSResponder
    • Mac OS X Snow Leopard: sudo dscacheutil -flushcache
  3. After that type the second command and press Enter:
    sudo killall -HUP mDNSResponder

If this does't solve your concern please reach out to us at [email protected]

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

"Stupid questions make more sense than stupid mistakes."

10/11/2019 4:27:55 PM #1

This is why developers should contact involved 3rd party companies, instead of telling your customers that you have nothing to do with it..

10/11/2019 4:50:57 PM #2

Posted By Reiver at 09:27 AM - Fri Oct 11 2019

This is why developers should contact involved 3rd party companies, instead of telling your customers that you have nothing to do with it..

I mean, they Did though. lol.

If they contacted everytime there was an issue that would be an excessive time sink that would lead nowhere on the average case because SbS doesn't have the customers payment information (nor should they have it), it is almost always an issue between customer and xsolla and sbs has nothing to do with it, and usually having the customer get in touch with xsolla fixes the issue.

This was an exception to that, and sbs got in touch with xsolla when they noticed a large number of complaints instead of isolated cases, and got back with a response.

10/11/2019 5:01:58 PM #3

Will this be fixed before week 4 of the kick-starter anniversary ends? Clearing my dns didn't work and I'm trying to get the bloodline package.

10/11/2019 5:18:09 PM #4

Posted By Caay10 at 7:01 PM - Fri Oct 11 2019

Will this be fixed before week 4 of the kick-starter anniversary ends? Clearing my dns didn't work and I'm trying to get the bloodline package.

Not sure what your issue is, but I do recall having something very similary at work once. Clear your browser cache and close your browser, then flush the dns and reboot. You've probably already done that, but if not, try.

10/11/2019 5:32:06 PM #5

Is there a plan to bring back previous 24 hour items for those who may have wanted to purchase but could not due to your vendor’s issue?

10/11/2019 5:49:49 PM #6

Posted By Ibenholt at 10:18 AM - Fri Oct 11 2019

Not sure what your issue is, but I do recall having something very similary at work once. Clear your browser cache and close your browser, then flush the dns and reboot. You've probably already done that, but if not, try.

It basically never opens up the next page to actually pay. i tried everything i could think of. I'm just a bit anxious i was already cutting it close with the anniversary deadline.

10/11/2019 6:16:44 PM #7

Posted By Labbe at 12:50 PM - Fri Oct 11 2019

Posted By Reiver at 09:27 AM - Fri Oct 11 2019

I mean, they Did though. lol.

Serpentius🌩10/03/2019 That is an Xsolla error, there is nothing SBS can do to solve that. Please contact Xsolla, thanks!

Serpentius🌩10/03/2019 Folks, this is not a chat channel. Xsolla handles 100% of our payment processing. If they ask you questions related to your purchases, you need to answer them. We cannot help here. If there was a payment outage we'd know about it believe me. Thank you for your understanding and for keeping this channel for bug reports only!

Serpentius🌩Yesterday at 4:46 PM Transactions are processing normally. If there is a connectivity issue, please try again after a short while. Thank you for your understanding.

Serpentius🌩Yesterday at 4:59 PM We appreciate your input, if Xsolla reports the issue is on our end we'll gladly investigate. But until they report the issue not being on their end, there isn't much we can do as they are responsible for 100% of our payment processing. Thank you :slight_smile:

Serpentius🌩Today at 11:27 AM Hello everyone. We finally asked Xsolla what is up and got an answer... (paraphrased)

10/12/2019 5:02:35 AM #8

Posted By Caay10 at 7:49 PM - Fri Oct 11 2019

Posted By Ibenholt at 10:18 AM - Fri Oct 11 2019

It basically never opens up the next page to actually pay. i tried everything i could think of. I'm just a bit anxious i was already cutting it close with the anniversary deadline.

do you get stuck on the checkout from the CoE website? because if that's the case, try disabling Adblocker / privacy badger or any other browser application that might block something on websites