COMMUNITY - FORUMS - NEW PLAYER QUESTIONS
Do the "gentry" own land?

I am looking to purchase one of the packs as it says the gentry are landowners but I am not sure if that if just a description or if I will actually be able to claim a parcel of land.

10/18/2019 5:20:01 AM #1

yes you have enough EP in that level pack to purchase a parcel, you can purchase more EP to add parcels in the store and you can always purchase use rights to land after launch from the count but it remains county land you would be taxed on.

10/18/2019 5:21:31 AM #2

Posted By Dalvin117 at 10:20 PM - Thu Oct 17 2019

yes you have enough EP in that level pack to purchase a parcel, you can purchase more EP to add parcels in the store and you can always purchase use rights to land after launch from the count but it remains county land you would be taxed on.

So, is purchasing the Parcel something I would do in game or do I do it through the maps the show of each server ?

10/18/2019 5:26:10 AM #3

Ah wait, that is during the exposition phase I take it? So I would need enough EP to purchase the land? Is there somewhere that lists the prices for such things?

10/18/2019 5:39:21 AM #4

Yes during exposition, they have thrown around 100ep for a parcel but I believe that is a base price better parcels could be more.

10/18/2019 1:49:43 PM #5

The only EP pricing we have were these early estimates.

10/18/2019 5:15:34 PM #6

Does anyone know if EP purchasing is currently disabled, or that you need to have minimal pledge package. Because I can only buy it as a gift, and I need to "upgrade pledge to unlock", in order to buy it for myself.

10/18/2019 5:34:49 PM #7

EP is used during Exposition. You need a Bloodline+package to have access. Exposition will start approx 3 months before launch

Divide et Impera

10/18/2019 5:36:35 PM #8

You need to have pledge package of Bloodline+ (ones that have access to Exposition) to use and stock EP.

If you have lower pledge than Bloodline you wont be able to enter Exposition (EP will be available for using only then) and spend it.

EP will spawn buildings and resources from "air" - and they represent history/heritage assets that were accumulated by families before game start (through ages - ancestral assets).

10/18/2019 6:29:01 PM #9

Posted By ZidaneTribal at

I am looking to purchase one of the packs as it says the gentry are landowners but I am not sure if that if just a description or if I will actually be able to claim a parcel of land.

If you have a Bloodline or higher package, you will gain access to the Exposition phase (currently approximated at 3 months before launch). This allows you to use any purchased EP to help create world infrastructure as Blackstork mentioned in his reply.

I encourage you to visit the link Heironymus posted to give you an idea as to some of the things that POTENTIALLY may be purchased during the Exposition phase. I say potentially because a lot of development has been done since this list was compiled and the list is very likely to change before Exposition actually occurs.

One of the items on that list are LAND. If you purchase land using EP, it is considered "tax free" for in-game purposes. The Count is not able to collect taxes on that land unless it is incorporated (likely via use of the Contract System) with a settlement within the county.

Keep in mind, the local Count may decide to not help you defend those lands from bandits or raiders if no taxes are being collected or if it is not beneficial for them to help you defend it.

The alternative is to purchase land (post launch in-game) using the Land Management Table which is managed by the local Count. Land purchased through this means are able to be taxed by the Count as it is not considered protected like the EP purchased land.

I hope this information helps you with your decision making!

10/19/2019 8:54:19 AM #10

Thank you all guys, for your time and willingness to help. It seems I have some reading to do, and very likely increase my pledge as well.

10/19/2019 10:30:27 AM #11

Posted By Jos at 05:54 AM - Sat Oct 19 2019

Thank you all guys, for your time and willingness to help. It seems I have some reading to do, and very likely increase my pledge as well.

If you have any question, just give a shout!