COMMUNITY - FORUMS - FAN MEDIA
Diaries of the young count : Chapter 1

The Beginning

It all started with a young boy who didn’t know his origins or home. His first memories are from the orphanage. He was no one and he had nothing. The orphanage was a friendly and warm place despite having little resources, but this young boy left as soon as he came of age. He left to chase his dreams with only his clothes on his back and a stale bread in his hand. He was full of hope. He was brave and young so he joined a caravan hoping to see some other lands. He travelled with them for a while. After a few months, while the caravan was in the woods, they were attacked by bandits. The young boy tried to fight, but unarmed and without training, he was no match to the ferocious ambushers. He received a brutal hit to his head which made him faint. He was barely alive. Our story would have ended here if someone didn’t find him.

The smell of a rabbit roasting over a fire filled his nostrils when he finally woke up. As he opened his eyes, he saw a one-room timber house lit only by an open door. Through this door he saw a Brudvir sitting at a fire, roasting the rabbit he smelled upon waking. The Brudvir greeted him and told him that he'd been unconscious for a week. The orphan was invited to join at the campfire and they ate the roasted meat together, telling each other their stories.The Brudvir, who introduced himself as Rachtn, was a bounty hunter and told tall tales of tracking his bounties.

After a few days of recovering, they got news of a bounty on a murderer. As the Brudvir was preparing to leave for this bounty, our young orphan asked if he could be his apprentice. He studied the young one for a few minutes in silence. He accepted the request. Under the bounty hunter’s wing, the orphan started to learn languages, how to survive in the wild, how to avoid or cheat other’s senses, how to talk himself out of situations and how to defend himself if he failed to do that. The boy showed great talent and learnt quickly. A few years later his adventures were told throughout the Kingdom.

Saw'ahya

While resting in his house in Gladal County, the place which our adventurer came to call his home and also the place where his mentor was born, the young Adventurer remembered that it was the time where the flowers bloom on the borders between the shrublands and the swamp. They flourish only once every seven years, making them rare and sought-after. So, he prepared his supplies and started the journey to Falzame, the swamp duchy. He decided to spend a few days searching for the flowers, and when he arrived on the border took out a room in a tavern. The next morning he went for a walk to see what the trees of the marsh would reveal. He hoped to find a place where those flowers grow, but he heard a soft sound from nearby that caught his attention. He quietly moved closer using the bushes and trees to hide from prying eyes. He found a Drasean man searching for something while his guards followed him from nearby. The adventurer knew he had to be an important person despite his simple clothing, so he watched him for some time. The man’s search proved successful, they found themselves in a small clearing full of rare flowers. The man stopped his guards at a shade of a nearby tree while he started to gently dig up one of the flowers, forgetting any dangers around him. A pair of hungry Canis Rabbits appeared on the other side of the clearing and stalked him slowly. Neither the man nor the guards noticed them, only our adventurer did. Without any hesitation he jumped between the man and the beasts to scare them away with his sword.

There were half a dozen of them and while he had heard of the canis rabbit, he had never faced them in person. They were quick and nimble with a nasty bite. Our adventurer slashed at them with finesse and took one down with his first strike. This left him open to attack and a rabbit on his right jumped out. He could only just leap out of the way, but a struggle ensued which caught the attention of the man who was gathering flowers. Once the adventurer had beaten down the flanking rabbit, the remaining four appeared less confident. They tried a few more half-hearted lunges at the young man, but gave up soon after. They thought their own skin more valuable than the potential food the pair in the clearing would have made.

The defender sat down in the flowers and sighed. The flower-picker walked up to him and said absent-mindedly: “These flowers only flourish every seven years, but their leaves can save someone’s life in adept hands.” He paused, likely still processing what had happened, before snapping back to reality, “But where are my manners. I’m Saw’ahya and I’m thankful to you for saving my life.” The man extended his hand. “Pains,” said the adventurer. “Oh you’re hurt?” Exclaimed Sawahya. “These flowers can ease the pain and I could help if you give me a moment. But it can be used for a lot more!” The man looked like he was about to start a lecture about the flower. “No, I am PainZ. I got this name when I was young. I was on a mission with my mentor when we got separated in a dark valley. Our target - an evil witch - paralysed me and with her withered hands on my head and said: ‘Your life will end here by the touch of Destiny. No more PainZ, you are the last of them.’ But my mentor arrived in the nick of time and separated her head from her body with one swing!” The young defender exclaimed as he demonstrated the motion with his own sword in the heat of the tale. The noise of the fight brought the guards at last. They appeared as PainZ was swinging and were poised to protect Saw’ahya from the armed Foreigner, but the stately man stopped them.

“This man probably saved my life and deserves better treatment than this, guards.” He said, before turning back to PainZ, “Are you interested in the flowers too?” Slightly taken aback by the response of the guards, PainZ answered with less bravado than before, “I don't know a lot about healing, but as an adventurer I got the passion to discover new places and find new things. So I’m here to collect some if it's possible.” “I think this area wouldn’t miss another flower, so you can take one with the blessing of the Two-fold Queen. If you need help to prepare it for transport I can give you a container and some advice to keep it alive on the road.” Saw’ahya said, as he bent down over one of the flowers. While they dug up the flower and prepared it for transport they started talking. A variety of topics were discussed and they realized they agreed on a lot of things. Once the flowers were safely packed, they went to the nearby tavern and continued their conversation over dinner. By the end of the dinner they bid farewell as friends. “If your fate ever brings you near Falcon’s Nest you will need to visit me by all means!” Saw’ahya reminded him. So concluded the first meeting between our adventurer and Saw’ahya the duke of Falzame.

10/19/2019 6:03:06 PM #1

Reserved

10/19/2019 7:05:41 PM #2

First.

Really nice read Painzy! Love how you incorporated Saw into the story aswell c:

10/19/2019 8:24:25 PM #3

Well done PainZ! Can't wait to read the continuation.

Astrid van Mauve

10/19/2019 8:37:57 PM #4

well done!

10/19/2019 9:05:28 PM #5

Posted By Pasukaru at 9:05 PM - Sat Oct 19 2019

First.

Really nice read Painzy! Love how you incorporated Saw into the story aswell c:

Ty pasu

10/19/2019 9:06:13 PM #6

Posted By Mythical13 at 10:24 PM - Sat Oct 19 2019

Well done PainZ! Can't wait to read the continuation.

U already helped Alot in this chapter. Ty Astrid

10/20/2019 7:48:48 AM #7

Posted By Sanguinesh_Blackwind at 10:37 PM - Sat Oct 19 2019

well done!

ty Sang

10/21/2019 5:55:37 AM #8

I really like it! Nice.

10/24/2019 7:59:04 AM #9

Posted By Madame_Ventisette at 07:55 AM - Mon Oct 21 2019

I really like it! Nice.

thx Madame xD

10/24/2019 4:29:41 PM #10