COMMUNITY - FORUMS - TRIBES
Janoa Tribe ( What to expect )

Hi everyone.

I am Duke Gaius Augustus Aquila from the European Selene Server.

I am part of the Arkadian Kingdom and I selected my Duchy in the rainforest biome, and am a Janoan through and through.

The purpose of this post is the analysis of the Janoan Tribe, which is underrated in my opinion. Maybe I can enlighten you a bite more about the tribe I see as number one fun to play:

The Janoan Tribe

Physique

Janoans are the best physically built tribe. Their strength is only second to the Hrothi and they got possibly the best dexterity among all the tribes of Elyria. On the other hand their mental abilities are like the Neran. Not the most intelligent not the least. The Janoan are medium in Mind attributes. They can achieve anything they want like the Neran Tribe.

Society

Their society is organized around strong leaders, that will guide their community in their day to day activities and events. They are born warriors which like to show their fighting skills and respect honor, strength and courage. Many people may think, that the Janoans are only excellent hunters and rangers and that they are at strife. That is actually a big mistake, because Janoans behind a strong leadership will be the one tribe not to mess with. They can cover easily any job in the army or navy, and with the right equipment they will be unstoppable. The only biomes they are at a disadvantage is the dry arid desert and the bitter cold of the north.

Crafting

Janoans are good crafters. They might not be the best of all tribes, but they have potential to become the leaders in many crafting disciplines. The perfect combination of the tropical rainforest and the tropical wetlands, which are 2 of the best biomes in Kingdom 6, will provide them with a lot of basic and rare resources. The fruit of the forest, as well as fish and meat will be the primary source of food. All this will allow for their settlements to grow big thanks to the high sustainability and the defensive surroundings (A lot of mountains, dense forest with vicious animals and deep long rivers). Very bad cards for any invading army.

All in all. Janoans are a top tribe for players that like any kind of play-style. They will shine in PVP but any support or PVE kind of player will find plenty to do every day and will be well protected by the dedicated and strong community leaders.

11/5/2019 3:12:36 PM #1

I don't know why everyone thinks that the Janoa are the most physically impressive tribe. I don't know where this comes from.

From the Brudvir write up. "The Brudvir are perhaps one of the most physically impressive tribes. Sharing a lineage as one of the original Proto-Neran, they look similar in appearance, however taller and more muscular in stature due to a meat-rich diet. Standing around 6'3" (190cm) on average, they are tied with the Janoa as the third tallest tribe behind the Yoru and Dras. Unlike the Janoa, their height comes with significant muscle on both the upper and lower body, giving them an average weight of between 225-250 lbs (102-113 kg)." ... "Similar to the Hrothi they excel in physical strength and resilience, however their reflexes and agility suffer from their large form."

Look, the Janoa are faster and more dexterous. They have greater than average strength, particularly in the upper body. However, they are not the strongest. The Brudvir are the strongest. Their physical size and mass is greater than any other tribe. For pure strength the Brudvir are unmatched. Now, a Brudvir won't be beating a Janoa in a foot race any time soon, but one on one there's no question of who has the natural advantage. And, while the Hrothi may be physically resilient this is also not at all the same thing as brute strength. What is it with you people? Did you even read the tribe write ups? I admit the language can feel a bit ambiguous, but seriously, just look at the art. The Janoa are scrawny and lean. If an average Brudvir backs the average Janoa into a corner with nowhere to run or dodge to the Brudvir is going to hammer him into the ground.

11/5/2019 4:08:17 PM #2

I wouldn't want to belittle Brudvir. They are big, muscular and surely strong, but to be the most physically impressive tribe, doesn't mean to be the strongest tribe.

Janoan

Attributes

The Janoa are one of the most revered, physically, of the tribes. They are one of the strongest and most physically resolved, and they are far more agile than the majority of the tribes lending to the Janoa being some of the fiercest of fighters. The Janoa run the middle of the road when it comes to mental aptitude. Not the best, but not the worst. The Janoa, while being the most physically apt of the tribes, fall short in their social graces. To outsiders, they come across as harsh and abrasive and, due to remaining fairly isolated in the jungle, aren't the best at either negotiation or the more subtle social arts.

We have no hard values on the average tribe attributes, and I doubt we will ever get them, but I agree with Gaius.

Strength

1. Hrothi
  2. Janoan
  3. Brudvir

Resilience

1. Hrothi & Brudvir
  2. Janoan

Agility

1. Janoan
  2. Kypiq
  3. ?? Not sure

Imgur

11/5/2019 4:37:39 PM #3

Being strong and agile is always better than being very strong (in pvp).

11/5/2019 6:41:20 PM #4

Posted By Sparrow at 09:08 AM - Tue Nov 05 2019

I wouldn't want to belittle Brudvir. They are big, muscular and surely strong, but to be the most physically impressive tribe, doesn't mean to be the strongest tribe.

That's... that's literally exactly what it means. The devs have said from long ago and far away the the physical characteristics matter. It's physically impossible for the smaller and lighter characters/tribes to develop as much physical strength as the larger and meatier characters/tribes.

Yeah, I've read that from the Janoa write up too. It says pretty much exactly the same thing about Brudvir strength in their write up. Yet, in your estimation the Janoa are more agile than the Brudvir and stronger? Why? Why would that be the case? Based on what? For the Janoa to be more agile and stronger than the Brudvir is completely counter intuitive! It's based on nothing but popular head-canon. The write up only says they are one of the strongest. It doesn't say they are the strongest.

To be frank, it's very likely that the Yoru are the ultimate strongest, but of the launch tribes the Brudvir are physically the most powerful.

There's no definitive numbers so there's no way to definitively settle this, but the conventional thinking in the community isn't really based on any more evidence than what I am saying. In point of fact, the community consensus on Janoan strength is more logically flimsy than what I'm saying. More agile and stronger, it makes no sense, and putting the Hrothi above the Brudvir in strength is doubly as absurd.

11/5/2019 6:44:51 PM #5

Posted By Raziel at 09:37 AM - Tue Nov 05 2019

Being strong and agile is always better than being very strong (in pvp).

That is... not the issue. We shall see how things play out, but if you think the Janoa would be better for pvp fair enough! There's no data, but I'm not going to challenge you on that. If you think that strength+agility>strengthx2 for pvp then you're perfectly entitled to have that opinion. However, regardless of what attributes would give greater pvp potential it doesn't change which tribe has the greatest physical strength on average.

11/5/2019 8:05:51 PM #6

After played pvp in many Mmorpg since Ultima Online I can honestly say that dexterity and Strength togheter makes the perfect mix for hard-core Pvp.

Janoan got the long arms ability as well that give an extra advantage in Pvp.

11/5/2019 9:21:48 PM #7

@Barleyman

Obviously we prefer different clans, and given that we don't have real facts we should just accept that. The purpose of this thread was not to discuss superiority of the one or other tribe, but to give those who aren't biased a brief overview of the Janoan tribe.

Also, since the Brudvir are in the north and the Janoan in the south and both don't like to leave their domains, it will be unlikely to see much conflict. Maybe we will see each other at a tournament to proof the statements made here ;)

Imgur

11/5/2019 9:38:57 PM #8

Oh the Brudvir pride is strong in that one. Its been said plenty of times, including in discord that the Janoans are the most well rounded physical specimens of all the tribes. To call them lean and scrawny? Too funny. That really just shows that you dont know what you are talking about when it comes to the Janoa and are just in this thread in a tribalistic and biased manner. Why? Afraid some folks that would play Brudvir will choose Janoan instead? That is silly, there is so much more to the gameplay of these tribes than this physical aspect.

As for Janoan armies? Yeah I suppose that is possible but to me the Janoan are the most impressive militia force of any tribe and yes I include the Brudvir in that too. I dont think the Brudvir biome will be as foreboding as the Rainforest when it comes to outsiders coming in and trying to take over. The Rainforest will provide ample cover and ambush opportunity for these Janoa militia force made up of such hunters and rangers. With such an amazing biome to live in, why bother with capturing other lands? They dont look like nearly as much fun to mess around in on a daily basis.

I do see the Janoans and Toresk as well as the Wetlands and Rainforest as being part of a binary relationship in Kingdom 6. Both your Kingdom of Arkadia and ours in Riftwood will experience that. Hopefully the folks on Luna server in the region will get that figured out at some point in time because that split could end up being a costly one.

11/5/2019 11:20:14 PM #9

I can see people will have their favorites, and there is certainly nothing wrong with that.

I choose Jonoan initially simply because they reminded me a bit of.. cat people. yup, I am one of THOSE people :P As time went by, I liked the idea of them more and more on their own merits. With that said, we still do not have all the facts. I am sure we will find some surprises in all the races we will either like or dislike.

I do wish to make a point,.. I miss the part where Gaius stated Jonaon as the strongest race. Seems he mentioned "second only to.." when it came to actual physical strength, which would be fair to assume (Hate that word, but what-eves...) is saying "Not the strongest". However, the statement they are "Janoans are the best physically built tribe. " seems to be a statement backed up with knowledge and discernment because being one of the best overall does not necessitate being the strongest. Perhaps the... healthiest?

On a personal note, I've seen physically fit people I found far more appealing than just those bulging with muscles. There is a difference. But, that is a personal preference. In the end, that is what this will be. Our personal preferences. On pixelated people, no less!

I like that Gaius put forth a post that gave a positive impression, even when pointing out lower intelligence in the Jonaon without putting down other races or demeaning them. I'm afraid I can not say the same with all who have responded.

In my not so humble opinion, Gaius is an excellent Duke and I am happy to have committed to him for awhile now. Not only that, I love the Arkadian Kingdom and their people. I am sure others can be just as wonderful, but they are just an awesome fit. Not just for those wanting to be warlike, but for the more casual player. Such as myself :)

PS: Yes, I am a USA player on Selene!

Countess Kridina Tzigane of Cross Guard County

I dare to remain.

11/6/2019 12:01:48 AM #10

Janoa do have their own benefits just as other tribes do. I won't deny that swiftness coupled with the ability to power through most obstacles is indeed an advantage in most fights. I would argue that Neran join the ranks of the Agile though they may not be as agile as the Janoa or Kypiq. They definitely surpass the Hrothi and Brudvir, regardless.

Their advantages can also become their weakness. while they are great at being agile coupled with the power to note. There is indeed a difference between Physically fit and healthy as Kridina has stated. Much like a body builder compared to a crossfitter.

Janoa would be the Crossfitters, Hrothi the Bodybuilders, and I would say Brudvir the Powerlifters.

Each have their own strengths and weaknesses. Crossfitters can outlast a Bodybuilder or powerlifter in more lengthy and cardio required tasks but lack in out lifting them, where as the bodybuilder can Lift close to what a powerlifter can but still last slightly longer in cardio. Lastly, the powerlifter is the strongest in shear strength but again falls short on the cardio portion. There are of course exceptions to every rule but in a general sense this is the case.

So "Physically fit" is the wrong wording. Though they are above most other tribes.

P.S. Kridina they don't care about Americans on Selene, I would know XD

KS Backer #44

11/6/2019 12:27:34 AM #11

Loved pretty much all of your post Forsakenwish (Including you name!), but I do wish to address this:

P.S. Kridina they don't care about Americans on Selene, I would know XD<

Not sure who "They" are lol. But, I've had some who thought it odd I was playing on Selene, so obviously some do care :P But, I just happen to run into so many gamers from the other side of the world just because of timing over the years that I did not find it to hard to find myself aligned with this one, Especially after pretty much grinding Gaius to see what he was like. Turns out he's a bit of a brat and I adore him. And I say that with all sincere fondness. He's my "Papa" and I am with him until the end!. Anyways, that was what I was referring to him my last parting remark, as well as showing Americans are welcome. I would know, been here for a couple years with this group along with multiple others :)

Again, loved your post overall!

I dare to remain.

11/6/2019 6:23:15 AM #12

Posted By 1mmaculateDeception at 2:38 PM - Tue Nov 05 2019

Oh the Brudvir pride is strong in that one. Its been said plenty of times, including in discord that the Janoans are the most well rounded physical specimens of all the tribes. To call them lean and scrawny? Too funny. That really just shows that you dont know what you are talking about when it comes to the Janoa and are just in this thread in a tribalistic and biased manner. Why? Afraid some folks that would play Brudvir will choose Janoan instead? That is silly, there is so much more to the gameplay of these tribes than this physical aspect.

Lean is not a negative thing. Scrawny is a relative term, and I used it as hyperbole. Hyperbole is not that weird so don't get so hung up on the details. Like, you picked those specific words out of the very end of what I said after I had already admitted that the Janoa were among the strongest. I said that... I said they were strong. I just said they aren't stronger than the Brudvir. Either you can't recognize hyperbole and you don't know what the word lean means, or you're deliberately misinterpreting what I said.

The Janoa are the most well rounded. Yeah... I have never disputed that. I have not contradicted this once. I didn't even say the the Brudvir were better for pvp. I, I did not say that. I gave a specific, and honestly unlikely, example. I wasn't talking about pvp generally. I mean honestly, how likely do you think that specific scenario will be in pvp?

You know what's really funny? You're casual condescension over a misinterpretation. The Janoa are clearly more well rounded, that's obvious, a fact I have not disputed. The Brudvir are not well rounded, that, is, also obvious, and is also a fact I have not disputed. I have never said anything to the contrary.

I literally do not give a shit what tribe people play. Honestly, I would prefer for less people to play as Brudvir. I want you to play something else! Please do that. Play Janoa, I don't want you to play Brudvir.

There is so much more to gameplay than just the physical... uh... yeah... yes... what... what's your point here? Is this a non-sequitur? Are you still addressing me or are you talking to someone who actually said that physical strength was the be all end all of everything? Because... I did not say that either.

Everything else you said was off topic or not addressed to me.

11/6/2019 6:27:11 AM #13

Posted By Sparrow at 2:21 PM - Tue Nov 05 2019

@Barleyman

Obviously we prefer different clans, and given that we don't have real facts we should just accept that. The purpose of this thread was not to discuss superiority of the one or other tribe, but to give those who aren't biased a brief overview of the Janoan tribe.

Also, since the Brudvir are in the north and the Janoan in the south and both don't like to leave their domains, it will be unlikely to see much conflict. Maybe we will see each other at a tournament to proof the statements made here ;)

This hasn't got anything to do with favorites or not. It's just a rational interpretation of the data. It doesn't make any sense for the Brudvir to appear the way they do, stated to be among the strongest tribes (just like the Janoa) with the movement disadvantage and also be weaker than the Janoa. That's, that's just silly.

(The Hrothi, by the way, are not stated to be among the strongest, but yet you still rate them higher than the Brudvir for some reason I cannot fathom.)

The Brudvir have a movement disadvantage for no benefit? Really? Their bulk impedes them, but it provides nothing in return? That's, that's what you're going with. It doesn't give them greater resilience than the Hrothi and it provides less strength than the Janoa? It just, it only slows them down... and nothing else... r.i.g.h.t.

Their bulk only exists for the sake of aesthetics and an arbitrary debuff with no balancing advantages and literally no other reason or effects whatsoever? You believe this? Seriously? That's just... that's just freakin' silly! But, I guess we'll have to agree to disagree.

11/6/2019 6:58:46 AM #14

I don't care if anyone thinks Janoa are better for pvp. They are certainly the most well rounded. I don't care who you want to play as or who your favorite is. I want fewer Brudvir players not more. I actively encourage you to play elsewhere. It's certainly got nothing to do with which tribe is my favorite. I am not saying anything about which tribes would be more fun to play or anything else like that. I am not saying Brudvir are better for pvp. I am not saying that strength is the most important thing in the game. I am not even saying I prefer the Brudvir.

I am simply saying that the popular analysis in the community of the tribes in one specific metric and in that metric alone, not biome, not pvp, not culture, only brute physical strength, the analysis of that metric alone is completely ridiculous. Your reasoning is absurd! Placing the Janoa above the Brudvir is just silly, and placing the Hrothi above the Brudvir is flat out loony toons level.

"The most difficult subjects can be explained to the most slow-witted man if he has not formed any idea of them already; but the simplest thing cannot be made clear to the most intelligent man if he is firmly persuaded that he knows already, without a shadow of doubt, what is laid before him." -Leo Tolstoy

11/6/2019 12:27:06 PM #15

Not a bad post Gaius, Especially given the limited up to date intel we have, GG.

Looking forward to more tribal characteristic traits to be unearthed in development.

I'd be interested to know more about the Janoan ways of thinking, likes and dislikes, moods and genres, strategical tactics, and so on, Hope we get some more in depth and detailed intel on the tribal writeups before launch.