COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
Voice Chat

Will there be an option for Voice Chat at all

discord insaned#6905

12/3/2019 5:12:06 PM #31

Voice chat doesn't allow NPC's and other players to hear you. Basically the game won't know you are telling another player where to go or what to do. It won't put the location on your map, or even allow you to find a secret lever without being able to find it first.

I have a Rocket Launcher. Your Argument is Invalid.

12/3/2019 5:40:38 PM #32

The Game should at least have players make real sounds people or animals make when being killed to make it more emersive. Adds another weight and layer to PvP/hunting and murder

The Keshi family, is intend on bringing democracy and economic stability to Elyria.

12/3/2019 6:58:12 PM #33

Since my post about true immersion received multiple dislikes, it seems it wasn't understood. True immersion is what is presented in the movie Ready Player One. Voice comms are required in any VR environment. True immersion must be first person VR immersion, which means no keyboard typed communication.

Posted By Sackeshi at 10:40 AM - Tue Dec 03 2019

The Game should at least have players make real sounds people or animals make when being killed to make it more emersive. Adds another weight and layer to PvP/hunting and murder

Kypiqs brain shorts out as they die and they start making random animal sounds from their secret language..

12/4/2019 4:07:43 AM #34

Posted By Zeek_Halykr at 03:09 AM - Sat Nov 23 2019

Tldr, you can assume 99.99% chance that any VOIP inside of CoE wont exist. Discord will be The service forvoice chat. Whilst the official CoE discord, and potentially on the kingdom level these servers wont exist due to population concerns, Counties and Duchies discord will definately provide an easy VOIP communication.

Communication IN-game will be equally important, as Discord messages dont count for knowledge mechanics ;D

sooo basically you are telling me that the whisper mechanic etc etc are useless? Because why type anything you dont want heard or anything like that when you can just say it in discord. Why say anything in chat unless you absolutely have to and then you dont really need to do that. Just ask them to join your discord so there is no trace of what is being done.

Count Weylyn of Vit Kanin. Friend code B7D0EF

12/4/2019 12:35:31 PM #35

As one of the 50 or so gamers still playing FO76 I will say their in game voice integration is very well done.

While I'm a member of several Discord channels which various groups I frequent use the in game "area" (local) chat is very useful when running into random players in game or coordinating in a large pick up event or Queen Scorchbeast killing.

They have the option of leaving it turned completely off, but most leave it on in listen only mode I've found.

Surprisingly I've had almost no issues with other players abusing the local chat, but then again the community is pretty small and each world instance only has 15 players which limits opportunities for abuse.

You must all be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to get angry. JAMES 1:19 NLT

12/4/2019 1:35:20 PM #36

hmm i was thinking about the effect discord will have on the game. and isn't it immersion breaking to have a group of people using discord instead of typing or talking ingame? the other players around the group, if they aren't in the discord, would see a silent group doing things that might obviously require communication. likewise, a spy would not be able to gain information from eavesdropping. seems that not having ingame voice comms is immersion breaking

12/4/2019 4:10:40 PM #37

I think having a toggle to turn it off and on would be fine. Not everyone is going to troll but some people will. Just like every tool that will be in the game.

12/5/2019 12:08:13 AM #38

Posted By PhKnight at 12:12 PM - Tue Dec 03 2019

Voice chat doesn't allow NPC's and other players to hear you. Basically the game won't know you are telling another player where to go or what to do. It won't put the location on your map, or even allow you to find a secret lever without being able to find it first.

I don't think this argument is a good one for how many times I've seen it. NPCs and the engine can't read free-text either. While there are other reasons someone may not want voip NPCs reading it or not is not one because text has the same limitation. The engine can only read when you interact with the "pick a option" like chat interface. When your free typing in the open, they aren't gonna know what your talking about the same as VoIP.

I don't know anymore.

12/5/2019 12:28:07 AM #39

There is absolutely nothing immersive about typing to communicate with people next to you, nor having cross-continent conversations via 3rd party voice apps like discord. This isn't 2006. Games these days, especially of the RP variety, should have a high quality voip.. Any communications outside of that is a flat out immersion killer. It is called meta-gaming in most RP communities and is often a ban-able offense .

12/5/2019 1:48:35 AM #40

This also is not a pure RP game, its a blend of Meta and RP

12/5/2019 4:08:40 AM #41

Posted By Galen_Live at 7:28 PM - Wed Dec 04 2019

There is absolutely nothing immersive about typing to communicate with people next to you, nor having cross-continent conversations via 3rd party voice apps like discord. This isn't 2006. Games these days, especially of the RP variety, should have a high quality voip.. Any communications outside of that is a flat out immersion killer. It is called meta-gaming in most RP communities and is often a ban-able offense .

What's more immersion breaking, knowing that someone, somewhere, might potentially be talking about the game while playing the game on a third party app, or the dumbfuck marching down the street blasting metallica cause its funny for them?

12/5/2019 4:20:15 AM #42

Posted By mickdude2 at 9:08 PM - Wed Dec 04 2019

What's more immersion breaking, knowing that someone, somewhere, might potentially be talking about the game while playing the game on a third party app, or the dumbfuck marching down the street blasting metallica cause its funny for them?

the complete lack of ingame communication would be far more immersion breaking.

besides, if someone is spamming something that breaks immersion, then hit the report button. which happens to be exact same response that we will need to do for the immersion breaking paintings and such that users create. or are you arguing for absolutely no player generated content? Because, if someone mic spamming is such a horrible edge case, then the immersion breaking paintings that players will create ingame would be equally so.

Why let artists paint ingame but not let Dras singers sing ingame?

12/5/2019 6:03:44 AM #43

Maybe it’s been brought up already but I thought the whole reason for no VOIP was the accessibility law that went into affect requiring speech to text and the technical challenges that presented to SBS... if the problem has already been resolved then ignore my post.

12/5/2019 4:26:56 PM #44

Voice chat built into games isnt all that great in my experience, there are other routes you can go.

12/6/2019 5:46:44 AM #45

when i asked i meant more so an option to enable voice chat when in a party with other players, only you and the people in the party will be able to hear one another

discord insaned#6905