COMMUNITY - FORUMS - NEWS & ANNOUNCEMENTS
Longest Night Approaches!

As the tribes of Elyria count down the months to the Longest Night, each prepares for the coming winter in their own unique way. The Brudvir spend their Winterswatch fortifying their holdings against winter and the threat of raids, while the Kypiq ward off the Sunsleep with raucous displays of light and festivity. The Hrothi observe the coming of the Longest Night by recognizing the virtue of charity; providing gifts, packaged together in a bundle to be opened one at a time. Sometimes simple, but often quite elaborate, these packages contain all the seasons’ small gifts, cunningly stored together.

We hearken to this tradition with the Elyrian Longest Night Calendar. Inside each calendar-shaped gift-box is a collection of 18 different items, one for each month of the three-year long, Longest Night. Items in the box are composed of a random assortment of past promotional items, including some higher ticket items. In addition, each gift-box contains three unique items, only available in the Longest Night Calendar![1]

The Longest Night Calendar goes on sale Friday, November 29th and will be available for a reduced price of $60 USD (20% off) from Friday through Monday before returning to its normal price of $75 USD on Tuesday. The Longest Night Premium Calendar (Ltd. Supply) will go on sale for $75 USD on Friday through Monday, before returning to its regular price of $95 USD on Tuesday! What’s the difference? The Longest Night Calendar has a minimum value of $175 (with a max. of over $200), while the Premium Calendar has a minimum value of $275 in promo items (with a max. over $300)!

Longest Night Calendar Mechanics

Beginning Wednesday, December 11th and going until Tuesday, December 31st, each Longest Night Calendar held in the inventory of an account with an Elyrian Package or higher will deposit an item into the user’s inventory every Elyrian month (every 28 hours) with a value ranging from $6 USD to $30 USD, while each Premium Calendar will deposit an item ranging from $10 USD to $40 USD. If a calendar is purchased after the start of the event, all unclaimed items from the gift-box will be deposited into the holder’s account during the last opening on the eve of December 31st.

As a final note, there’s no limit to the number of gift-boxes that can be held in your inventory, and both the items found inside the box, as well as the gift-boxes themselves are all giftable!

Note: Each box contains a limited number of items. Transferring the box to another does not replenish any previously “opened” items.

The Season of Gifting

'Tis the season of gifting! We’re pleased to announce that Gift Cards will once again be making their way to the store on Friday, November 29th and will remain in the store until December 31st before returning to hibernate in the vault.

[1] Promotional items may appear in future Kickstarterversaries.

11/28/2019 3:09:48 AM #1

This looks interesting.

67CAC0

"Different denotes neither bad nor good, but it certainly means not the same."

-Just a lowly beekeeper

11/28/2019 3:10:12 AM #2

cool love it

From Our Farm Gate To Your Dinner Plate.

Friend Code : EE5C8E

11/28/2019 3:24:16 AM #3

Ahhhh, I do love surprises.

Friend Code: 5AE86A

11/28/2019 3:54:57 AM #4

Longest Night Calendar FAQ

We will continue to add to this as questions (and their answers) come up! Most of these were collected from you, our community. Keep asking us questions and we'll find you answers if we can!

Q1: Are the items in each box completely different? If someone buys one of each will they get doubles of some items or are they completely separate?
A1: There's some overlap, so it's possible to get the same items from both. The new items are also the same in both. That being said, there's definitely items in the premium box that is not in the standard one.

Q2: If you get a box, do you get a consistent item each day?
A2: Each box is different.

Q3: Do I get 18 items + the 3 new ones for a total of 21?
A3: There are 15 different, random items from each box, and three items are guaranteed to be the new, promotional items for this month. For a total of 18 different items in each box.

Q4: Are the limited quantity boxes per server or overall?
A4: Limited quantity overall for all servers.

Q5: Are the items inside the boxes giftable or only the boxes?
A5: Both the items inside and the box itself are giftable.

Q6: Do all boxes have the same 3 new promo items?
A6: Yes.

Q7: How many premium boxes will be for sale?
A7: There will be 2,500 premium boxes for sale across all servers, total. Regular boxes are unlimited in quantity.

Q8: What are the requirements to purchase the Longest Night Calendar?
A8: An Elyrian pledge package at the minimum is required for purchase of the calendar.

Q9: How will I know when the box has given me an item?
A9: You will get a PM each time an item is added to your inventory from the calendar. It will identify what item you received.

"Stupid questions make more sense than stupid mistakes."

11/28/2019 3:56:47 AM #5

Will each calendar box of the same value have the same items as other calendars of that value? E.G. Player 1 and Player 2 both buy Premium Calendars. Do they get the same items?

EDIT - The FAQ was posted as I wrote this. Never mind.

Tentative plans: To'resk, looking to settle in the Kingdom of Riftwood, NA - W Angelica.

11/28/2019 4:39:49 AM #6

It's not April 1st. This level of joke isn't funny right now. This is a joke, right?

My referral code is 1AF8FD

11/28/2019 5:04:37 AM #7

Posted By OmniscientFox at 9:39 PM - Wed Nov 27 2019

It's not April 1st. This level of joke isn't funny right now. This is a joke, right?

Why would this be a joke?

11/28/2019 5:05:59 AM #8

Whats with the Loot boxes, oh i am sorry i mean Longest Night Calendar Mechanics, can we see what we could get at least.

11/28/2019 5:08:47 AM #9

This is a joke right?! -.-

Kernothia

11/28/2019 5:10:24 AM #10

Loot crates are a chance at getting a random item that is lower than the price for which you paid.

The calendars are literally you doubling + the amount of money you spent. It’s not a loot crate because you aren’t losing money with the chance of hitting it big. You’re getting a bunch of items worth more than what you paid.

11/28/2019 5:12:28 AM #11

Posted By VioletWinterlynn at 11:10 PM - Wed Nov 27 2019

Loot crates are a chance at getting a random item that is lower than the price for which you paid.

That's gambling ;)

11/28/2019 5:14:00 AM #12

Wow thanks for describing what loot crates are. The value you get out of it doesn't change that it's a loot box.

Novigrad County~ Together we stand strong and bring despair to those who dare cross us.

11/28/2019 5:15:44 AM #13

Posted By Noslim at 10:12 PM - Wed Nov 27 2019

Posted By VioletWinterlynn at 11:10 PM - Wed Nov 27 2019

That's gambling ;)

It’s also not this (;

11/28/2019 5:17:07 AM #14

You literally released a sketch picture of animals from a while back (which is completely subject to change), and then released loot boxes an hour later as a promo. Wait sorry I mean my 75-95$ Christmas calender. Judging by some of the comments, at least I'm not the only person who was unhappy.

Novigrad County~ Together we stand strong and bring despair to those who dare cross us.

11/28/2019 5:26:17 AM #15

This is a holiday sale. Loot boxes are a form of gambling in that you might get something worth less than your purchase. All of these items are worth more than the purchase total. It's just another form of a sale, made into an game-themed advent calendar, for people who were going to buy things on sale, regardless. They hadn't promised anything at all, so if you're uncomfortable with them, don't participate.

If these are the "loot boxes" that you're afraid of, I'm not sure what to say.

Happy holidays!