COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
Partly Cloudy with a chance of rain?

@Caspian, @Snipehunter, @Serpentius

Aside from the white knights who are not devs telling me that since I'm not a dev i have no understanding of how game development works or the doom dwellers predicting the Apocalypse due to a perceived lack of progress; this year was touted as the year of the storm/a storm is coming. My question is have we seen that? Is there anything left in the bag for December that puts a bow on this year or was the DSS event the "storm" that was forecast?

12/4/2019 7:08:13 AM #31

@serpentius while hoping for more I do appreciate your engagement especially with all the tough forum post going on. As someone else who works in a customer facing position for a company I know it can be a thankless job and the win column tends to be a bit light compared to the loose column. I can’t speak for everyone but if you do see any critical post from me it’s not that I’m against SBS just frustrated because I want so much for this game to succeed. From previous experience with Early Access types games when progress updates get fewer and far between and radio silence persists it doesn’t indicate the game is making positive progress. I’m hoping the December state of the union address by Caspian talks about where we came from, where we are at and where we are going.

*Also while I know SBS is trying to forge its own path that doesn’t mean everything has to be new. Meaning while this is in an Early Access phase look at the EA games that have been successful and those that have failed and take the best lessons from both. There are several awesome post about how to possibly provide a current/future progress timeline without having set dates. Ex. We are 50% of the way through combat design. Doesn’t mean you guys can’t asterisk it later and say something changed but it gives and idea of what’s going on at the studio without saying something will be completed by date x.

Anyways for what it’s worth happy holidays and you can lock this thread.

12/4/2019 12:35:55 PM #32

If the game doesnt have alpha in 2020, its hopeless