COMMUNITY - FORUMS - NEW PLAYER QUESTIONS
sailor / barge

hello,

i'm trying to found informations regarding the maritime aspect of the game. but without succes.

my idea is to become sailor to explore and transport people and commodity. in witch measure it is possible ? what is will be needed to have a boat ?

thank you for your answers.

Skilpadde - Leviathan's City in Salernum

12/3/2019 1:47:12 PM #1

Well if you join after launch to have a boat you'll need to start as a character that has access to one already, build one (needing blueprints, material, skills and probably helpers), buy one from a boat maker or steal one. If you don't mind not being the boat owner you could find a job working the boats for someone else.

If you take part in exposition you can probably buy one with points or use a token from a sales event.

12/3/2019 1:52:09 PM #2

Boats at the beginning of the game's life-span will be small river and coastal boats, but eventually the community will be able to research larger deep-water vessels, trading between continents even.

Some of the smaller boats have been on the store, but you'll be able to acquire one in game without spending $ if you work for it.

12/3/2019 1:59:02 PM #3

There will be simple boats at the start ingame available as you could already buy some in the past events...I would guess sloop might be the right size term for them.

Currently known movement methods for boats are oars, sails and tamed animals. With these boats you will be able to travel rivers, lakes or coastal areas but not the ocean…or at least you should not or might end as dead body on the oceans ground.

Larger or technically advanced ships have to be developed in research…but I guess you might be also able to find some ancient blueprints about today unknown ship designs or you might be able to capture unknown ships.

Transportation of goods will be an important part of the gameplay as resources are limited and not everywhere available. This way transportation will most likely be a possibility to make a living.

Exploration might be another possibility to make a living as there will be several undiscovered island and continents in the game but at least in the beginning this will be very dangerous.

Count of "Wulfsbargen" in the Duchy "Avaland" within the Kingdom "Tryggr". If not explicit mentioned the above opinions are mine alone and do not reflect those of my Duchy or Kingdom.

12/3/2019 2:09:17 PM #4

thank you,

for sure i know that i will begin with a very smal and simple one. probably it will be possible ton win skills in navigation ?

if i can offered my service i ll be able to buy a bigger one..etc... Or maybe it can interest a noble to hired me as captain.

Skilpadde - Leviathan's City in Salernum

12/4/2019 9:09:29 AM #5

Check for maritime organizations and maritime-oriented domains (duchies and counties) for your server.