COMMUNITY - FORUMS - NEW PLAYER QUESTIONS
new player here

So im deciding to get this game, im wondering if i am able to start as a Brudvir and then be able to craft neran armor or breed their horses, where ever my tribe land is and also i guess im kinda late but if i get the bloodline pledge will i be given a blacksmith shop to own or something. And lastly am i able to be a blacksmith but also a skilled warrior at the same time.

12/12/2019 9:34:44 PM #1

Yes you can be Brudvir and craft Neran armor, the trick will be getting materials and the techniques to craft them but if you can secure these things nothing stops you.

Whether you get the bloodline pledge, or a simple adventurer pledge, you will be able to spark into a blacksmith family of your choosing. With bloodline though you can also customize whatever family you start as during exposition using any Expo points you receive or purchase.

Yes, you can be a blacksmith and a skilled warrior. However characters Do die of old age, so the more things you do the less time you have to perfect each thing. So if you want to become a master blacksmith And a master warrior it will take more effort on your part.

12/12/2019 9:59:49 PM #2

You will also have to contend with skill decay (skills atrophy without regular use). Since crafting and fighting are in totally different skill trees, it may prove difficult if not impossible to maintain high skill levels in both. Just how far you can get in multiple disciplines is therefore hard to quantify at this early stage.

With respect to the armor and weapons of other tribes, it's been said that these things will use materials local to the native biomes, so in addition to learning the techniques you may also need to acquire materials from far away places, at least to create authentic versions of them.

12/13/2019 12:15:05 AM #3

Posted By Labbe at 4:34 PM - Thu Dec 12 2019

Yes you can be Brudvir and craft Neran armor, the trick will be getting materials and the techniques to craft them but if you can secure these things nothing stops you.

Whether you get the bloodline pledge, or a simple adventurer pledge, you will be able to spark into a blacksmith family of your choosing. With bloodline though you can also customize whatever family you start as during exposition using any Expo points you receive or purchase.

Yes, you can be a blacksmith and a skilled warrior. However characters Do die of old age, so the more things you do the less time you have to perfect each thing. So if you want to become a master blacksmith And a master warrior it will take more effort on your part.

Ahhh okay, i think being a blacksmith thats able to craft heavy armor and weapons but also join in on raiding partys cause its like a viking tribe (if i make friends ingame) would be my style, even if its bandit style, mabye thats how i get my metal for the shop haha.

12/13/2019 1:12:36 AM #4

Posted By Hunter50 at 7:15 PM - Thu Dec 12 2019

Posted By Labbe at 4:34 PM - Thu Dec 12 2019

Ahhh okay, i think being a blacksmith thats able to craft heavy armor and weapons but also join in on raiding partys cause its like a viking tribe (if i make friends ingame) would be my style, even if its bandit style, mabye thats how i get my metal for the shop haha.

this community will offer plenty of opportunties to make friends, make no mistake about that