COMMUNITY - FORUMS - NEW PLAYER QUESTIONS
New Player Questions

I've backed the kick starter way back in the day and just had a few questions now that the game is a couple years in development.

My goal for this game is to run a blacksmith shop with a buddy of mine. Is it possible for something like this to occur or would we both need our own shops?

How do I go about buying the land for a blacksmith shop I've seen there will be a way to get land by spending ep if you are bloodline tier. Can you get land without that? If you can whats the difference between doing one over the other.

Also if you buy a permanent set of land how will that work once your spark of life is over will you still be entitled to that land?

My last question is with a persistent world like this one will there always be a need for a blacksmith?

12/15/2019 5:30:44 PM #1

Hey Chaffy,

1) Yes you can both work together in the same blacksmith shop, though I think the deed will be in one name, you could marry and be part of the same bloodline, that way you could in essence both own it.

2) You will be able to obtain the land for your shop during Exposition (however this will not be any time soon so don't rush). You will need to use Exposition points to purchase the land and get set up, which I believe you will also need the pledge package - Bloodline, Settler or Proprietor (only one of you needs it though).

3) This feature I haven't looked into before, but I would hazard a guess the deed belongs to your family, so as long as you still have heirs to spark your soul into you will own it.

4) Very much so, everyone will need them, may I ask what server you plan on playing on? I may be able to help point you in the direction of a guild that you could work with.

The strength of the wolf is the Pack. Fight with honour.

12/15/2019 6:55:34 PM #2

With respect to deeds and really any of your possessions, you should be able to will them to your heirs, if you so choose.

And yeah, you can buy land in game after launch if you don't want to spend the money on EP. You can purchase land at the county seat (via the Land Management table). Counts decide which parcels are available for sale.

But don't forget as well that you will spark into NPCs. Ideally, you'll spark into a blacksmithing family that will already have a forge and shop somewhere in the world, and so while there's still a lot of gray area here, it has been said that you can potentially inherit property from your NPC parents if you win enough favor with them. So there is that.

It really boils down to how much risk and uncertainty you want to accept. If you want everything ready to go at launch and the most ideal circumstances possible, then you need to go the EP path, spend some money and "set the stage" for your characters. Otherwise, you will have to work a little (or a lot) for what it is that you want.

12/17/2019 4:06:18 AM #3

There will always be a need for a blacksmith or even a few in the same city,I know I'll be needing a few.

12/17/2019 4:26:16 AM #4

Posted By AkinToSin at 8:06 PM - Mon Dec 16 2019

There will always be a need for a blacksmith or even a few in the same city,I know I'll be needing a few.

Exactly what akin said!

If you cannot afford a bloodline+ package, you might be able to work with your count or mayor to get some land or access to the equipment you need to do what you want.

12/17/2019 4:27:50 AM #5

Posted By Chaffy at

I've backed the kick starter way back in the day and just had a few questions now that the game is a couple years in development.

My goal for this game is to run a blacksmith shop with a buddy of mine. Is it possible for something like this to occur or would we both need our own shops?

You can share.

How do I go about buying the land for a blacksmith shop I've seen there will be a way to get land by spending ep if you are bloodline tier. Can you get land without that? If you can whats the difference between doing one over the other.

EP shop once it opens. Still a ways from that.

Also if you buy a permanent set of land how will that work once your spark of life is over will you still be entitled to that land?

As long as you have an heir designated your permanent death doesn't result in the loss of property.

My last question is with a persistent world like this one will there always be a need for a blacksmith?

Absolutely.